"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

We went to the party on Dec 11. It was not sold out and in fact I bought my tickets the night before. I was able to get FP+ starting at 3:30 - 4:30. I had an email confirmation that we took to Guest Services in Disney Springs. They quickly got us hard tickets that we could use for our FP. We got into the park and on SM (our first FP+) before 4 pm. The night cleared out quickly and by 8 pm lines for the rides were at most 15 mins. After Wishes we rode 7DMT with only a 20 min wait. The posted time was 40. We were prioritizing rides over special holiday things since we were only at WDW for one night.
We were able to walk up to the 11 parade right at 11. We found a spot for Wishes in front of the statue at 9:55 with no problems.

It was a lovely evening with low crowds and low wait times. It reminded us of "the good ole days".

It was a lovely evening with low crowds and low wait times. It reminded us of "the good ole days".

So glad you had a good time! I'll be at my first party tomorrow, so that makes me feel a lot better about trying to plan everything!

We're arriving at BWV on Saturday and going to the party Sunday 12/18. I heard there is a special ornament for the Christmas party. If true, is this available in all the shops or only certain ones? Thanks.

Getting nervous about Sunday Dec 18th party. The weather channel is showing 80% rain:(

I'm wondering about that too. And if it's where they offer tickets to the 12/22 party, I'm not looking forward to canceling reservations I have that day. If it's really bad I hope they offer refunds. But I'm going to make sure we have ponchos AND and umbrella

Edited to add: as of right now it's down to 50% and acciweather says 51% and "a tstorm in spots"

Unfortunately we couldn't go any other time:( We leave Orlando Dec 19th. Do you think they would just refund me the money if the party is a rainout? We bought 6 tickets. I think I am more excited to go to the party than my 4 day Universal stay! Only my husband and I know about the party so it won't be a big let down for my kids and Mom but I will be crushed:sad:

Unfortunately we couldn't go any other time:( We leave Orlando Dec 19th. Do you think they would just refund me the money if the party is a rainout? We bought 6 tickets. I think I am more excited to go to the party than my 4 day Universal stay! Only my husband and I know about the party so it won't be a big let down for my kids and Mom but I will be crushed:sad:
There were a few rainouts in October (MNSSHP). Guests were offered a different party, a refund or a one-day ticket. (Note that you must ASK - it's not automatic.) With the 22 already sold out, not sure if that would be offered though. It's also way too soon to be relying on a FL forecast (and I say that partially because I'm also attending the party that night, and really don't want to miss out!!!)

"The parade is abosolutely amazing, and again my tip where no one sits is right in front of the train station on main street all the characters interact with you - and the special little ore show where the throw the balls at you happens there as well. The tree and a perfect view of main street is right here I never know why that spot isn't a highly coveted one!"

Can someone show me on a map exactly where this is? I know where the train station is and I know underneath there is the stroller rental area. Do they allow you to sit there? I thought since this a right of way they wouldn't allow that.

calling for rain during party on Sunday. I am used to Disney in the rain but the people coming with me are not. Keeping fingers crossed for little to no rain.
According to WeatherBug the chance of rain on the 18th is 20%, knowing FL weather that WILL change. Let's hope for no rain!
that would be great. Weather channel has 80%, I think I will check out the other local stations

I keep reading this too. I'm just so nervous about going late and having their line already cut off!! But in your case I think it's your only option. And I also agree that 5:30 is probably too late to be lining up for Jack. I think his line is still forming at 4 even though he's not coming out until 7.

We attended 11/29 and the line for Jack was LONG by 530. We got in line at right after getting our wristbands and were a few families back. I decided to take the gamble and wait to go to Nick and Judy after the second parade and got in line with no problem, waited 10 minutes.

We attended 11/29 and the line for Jack was LONG by 530. We got in line at right after getting our wristbands and were a few families back. I decided to take the gamble and wait to go to Nick and Judy after the second parade and got in line with no problem, waited 10 minutes.

AFTER the second parade? This is my thought but I am worried the line will already be cut off. Where did you watch the parade?
I would like to watch from Main Street but I know it takes a while to get to Main Street and then more time until it would pass us. I feel like that may be a really big gamble.

AFTER the second parade? This is my thought but I am worried the line will already be cut off. Where did you watch the parade?
I would like to watch from Main Street but I know it takes a while to get to Main Street and then more time until it would pass us. I feel like that may be a really big gamble.
The parade won't be past the end of Main Street until almost 11:45. But if the wait is down to 10 minutes that time of night, you might be ok? I'd feel more comfortable going after the fireworks, though, as at least then you know you'll likely see them. That may just screw with getting a good spot for the 2nd parade though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter