• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in another thread but thought I would post it here too as I'm not sure where it would best be answered -- any idea why does the Xmas party stops on 12/22 as opposed to 12/23 or even 12/24? Has this typically been the case in prior years?

The closer it gets to Christmas day the more people flood the parks. They don't want to have the parties when attendance is so high. That way the MK can be open for all guests during all hours.

I asked this in another thread but thought I would post it here too as I'm not sure where it would best be answered -- any idea why does the Xmas party stops on 12/22 as opposed to 12/23 or even 12/24? Has this typically been the case in prior years?
Imho because the 25th is a Mon this year so they are expecting HUGE crowds for Sat 23 and Sun 24. They don't want MK closed on one of their biggest days of the year.

I guess a lot more of those people are going to MK on those 2 days because I was shocked that just about every popular FP @ DHS was available to me today (although my FP+ window opened Monday) and I was able to even get FOP late at night on 12/24. Glad we're not going to MK those 2 days. LOL.

I guess a lot more of those people are going to MK on those 2 days because I was shocked that just about every popular FP @ DHS was available to me today (although my FP+ window opened Monday) and I was able to even get FOP late at night on 12/24. Glad we're not going to MK those 2 days. LOL.

I could see this. Everyone and their mother wants to be in MK Christmas Eve and day. Epcot comes in a close second what with Candle light and the storytellers. Usually people recommend AK for Christmas day but I could see DHS being less desirable as well.

I could see this. Everyone and their mother wants to be in MK Christmas Eve and day. Epcot comes in a close second what with Candle light and the storytellers. Usually people recommend AK for Christmas day but I could see DHS being less desirable as well.

Christmas Day we go home (praying there's no huge winter storm keeping us) because we want to spend some of Christmas Day with the pup, then she'll be spoiled rotten by the kid for a week after since there's no school.

Christmas Day we go home (praying there's no huge winter storm keeping us) because we want to spend some of Christmas Day with the pup, then she'll be spoiled rotten by the kid for a week after since there's no school.

Aw, I'd be a bit sad if I was away from my dog on Christmas day as well.

We actually just left him at my boyfriend's families' house yesterday because we leave for a week in Orlando on Friday morning and I'm very sad.

Aw, I'd be a bit sad if I was away from my dog on Christmas day as well.

We actually just left him at my boyfriend's families' house yesterday because we leave for a week in Orlando on Friday morning and I'm very sad.

We should be home (weather allowing) by 3:00 so it works out really well and she gets to play with her friends all day at 'camp'. I want her life. LOL.

Actually, the last couple years the last party has been a bit later - it used to be the last party would be the 18th or maybe 19th.

Does anyone know if that is typical for LTT?
We eat at LTT every trip and every trip we are seated a little late. I just make my reservation 15 minutes earlier than I actually want. And in our experience, they will not let you check in too early like some of the other restaurants. We tried to check in 20 minutes before our ADR last year and we were rudely told to come back at our ADR time. o_O

We eat at LTT every trip and every trip we are seated a little late. I just make my reservation 15 minutes earlier than I actually want. And in our experience, they will not let you check in too early like some of the other restaurants. We tried to check in 20 minutes before our ADR last year and we were rudely told to come back at our ADR time. o_O
Thanks for the heads up! :)

I am going to my first ever Christmas party on 12/19! I decided to do it as I have another trip planned in February (when I can see HEA), so now I can see Holiday Wishes!

Maybe I will see you there! Not that I want to meet up! :rotfl2:

Obviously, I haven't read the 119 pages of this thread but I have a question that I'm sure most of you will be able to answer. I am thinking of booking a trip to WDW over the 2018 Holidays and I was wondering if what is truly unique to the MVMCP (parade, fireworks, etc.)? I could have my kids miss a few days of school to attend one of the last party of the season BUT I would prefer not and instead go to my parents condo in Ft Lauderdale for Christmas to celebrate with them and head to WDW for New Year instead.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the first night of MVMCP is officially sold out for Nov 9. Just went to get one more ticket for a friend but couldn't :(. Glad I purchased mine yesterday, but not looking forward to the crowds!

I didn't realize you could use your party tickets to make fast pass reservations at 4pm. That's very helpful information.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the first night of MVMCP is officially sold out for Nov 9. Just went to get one more ticket for a friend but couldn't :(. Glad I purchased mine yesterday, but not looking forward to the crowds!

Just sold out in last few hours, not even posted on my usual sites or groups.

I didn't realize you could use your party tickets to make fast pass reservations at 4pm. That's very helpful information.

Yes & no. See FP+ info link in Post #1, separate thread. Most have been successful & PP have been doing this for years. There are issues this year & some PP’s are getting cancelled.

Obviously, I haven't read the 119 pages of this thread but I have a question that I'm sure most of you will be able to answer. I am thinking of booking a trip to WDW over the 2018 Holidays and I was wondering if what is truly unique to the MVMCP (parade, fireworks, etc.)? I could have my kids miss a few days of school to attend one of the last party of the season BUT I would prefer not and instead go to my parents condo in Ft Lauderdale for Christmas to celebrate with them and head to WDW for New Year instead.

Fireworks is unique to MVMCP.
Sandy Claws, 7D, Scrooge McDuck, Mickey & Minnie in Special Attire, Princes, unique. Probably missing a few.
Stage show unique.
Parade will replace FoF after last party but in daytime not night like @ Party. Parade preshow is unique to party.
There are MagicShots unique to party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter