• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an annual passholder. Can I use my passholder discount to by tickets from my family from Wisconsin to attend the party? It's my daughter and two granddaughters. I know I can't use my discount on regular day admission to the parks but I thought I read somewhere I could use the discount for party tickets?
Thete are select dates that offer a pass holder discount; if you log in then go the ticket page you can see which ones. It's I my about a $5 discount, though, but can add up when buying multiple tickets.

This will be my 1st time for the party Dec 12, how is the line to meet scrooge? Our goal is him and Jack Skellington.
Both come out at 7, so you'll want to line up for one early and do the other at the end of the night. Last year we lined up for Scrooge about 6:30 (a bit later than I had planned) and waited a bit over an hour. This was on a sold out night. I'd aim for closer to 6 to be among the first to meet him. Try for Sandy Claws right before the 2nd parade.

Both come out at 7, so you'll want to line up for one early and do the other at the end of the night. Last year we lined up for Scrooge about 6:30 (a bit later than I had planned) and waited a bit over an hour. This was on a sold out night. I'd aim for closer to 6 to be among the first to meet him. Try for Sandy Claws right before the 2nd parade.
Thank you we have a BOG ADR that night as well @ 440

Does anyone know if they do the kiss goodnight after close on party nights? Our MVMCP date is also our last day in the parks, and I'm hoping we can do that as our last thing

I'm an annual passholder. Can I use my passholder discount to by tickets from my family from Wisconsin to attend the party? It's my daughter and two granddaughters. I know I can't use my discount on regular day admission to the parks but I thought I read somewhere I could use the discount for party tickets?

Thete are select dates that offer a pass holder discount; if you log in then go the ticket page you can see which ones. It's I my about a $5 discount, though, but can add up when buying multiple tickets.

See Post#1

Annual Passholder Advance Pricing & Disney Vacation Club Advance Pricing
November 9 - Adult: $87 + tax, Child: $82 + tax
November 10, 17, 26 & 28 - Adult: $91 + tax, Child: $86 + tax
November 12, 14 & 16 - Adult: $82 + tax, Child: $77 + tax
December 1, 3, 5 & 12 - Adult: $91 + tax, Child: $86 + tax

Very Different...the party fireworks are Christmas themed...while the new HAPPILY EVER AFTER fireworks are not Holiday themed...so you get to see a different firework show only at the MVMCP....

Normally I'd be thrilled about a different show ... but we're going for 7 days in Nov / Dec, and we've got 3 days pegged for MK ... but only 2 nights. Both are Christmas Party nights. So we're going to be down there for a week and the closest we're going to get to seeing Happily Ever After is watching it from California Grill.

Personally it's meeting Scrooge as number one because that's the only time you can do that and I'm a huge fan. I call it our yearly get together.

Second it'd be seeing the Christmas Parade which I love.

Third is seeing the castle stage show.

My bf and I love Scrooge!!! He's on our list for sure!!! Is Dec 22 a sold out night? We have tickets and can't wait!!!

Thank you we have a BOG ADR that night as well @ 440
Plan to head to Scrooge right after dinner then. I can't recall what time our BOG ADR was last year, but my Beast photo is time stamped 6:20, so I'm guessing around 5. Your timing should be about perfect to be at the front of the line.

Not yet, but being the last party it almost certainly will be.

We will be there that night too :)

Ohhhh wonderful!!! It'll be my first trip to WDW. We get in the night before and will spend the day of the party having a stickybeak at some of the resort decorations so the party will actually be my first experience in WDW!
Very excited!!!!
And being the last night of the party...makes it feel even more special.

I'm sure we'll unknowingly pass by loads of Disneyboarders on the night!
:cheer2:

Plan to head to Scrooge right after dinner then. I can't recall what time our BOG ADR was last year, but my Beast photo is time stamped 6:20, so I'm guessing around 5. Your timing should be about perfect to be at the front of the line.

Ohhhhh I'm happy to hear the beast was in attendance at BOG on a party night last year. Some of us newbies were a little concerned that due to being a party night dinner- he might not be there.
Our reservation is at 6.35pm (bit of a bummer - couldn't find earlier) and we only plan on having an entree each (maybe a grey stuff to share). The lure of cookies at the party is too strong o fill up at BOG hehe.

Scrooge could potentially be our highlight for our trip too. I grew up with Mickey's Christmas Carol and it will always be one of my favourite versions of A Christmas Carol.

He just seems so much fun!!! He's top of the list (no interest in Skellington...heresy I know!!! The dwarves are cool but I've heard horrors about the wait times and would much rather see Scrooge and secondly the hundred acre wood characters) :tigger:

Wow. I'm amazed by how many adults pay for the party and want to stand in line to meet characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I'm just surprised.

My husband and I always waited on the lines for our children, but I admit we are happy that they aren't as interested in meeting characters now. It's very time-consuming. Although we always enjoyed the experience and love all our memories and pics of them.

I'll also admit that if they want to meet Baymax or Chewbacca this trip I wouldn't mind meeting them. Lol.

If there was no line for the 7 Dwarves I wouldn't mind taking pics with them either. I just can't imagine waiting on line for them.

But I will take advantage of less lines for rides while others wait for characters. I guess it all works out for everyone that way!

Hope you all get to meet the ones you want! Enjoy!

Wow. I'm amazed by how many adults pay for the party and want to stand in line to meet characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I'm just surprised.

My husband and I always waited on the lines for our children, but I admit we are happy that they aren't as interested in meeting characters now. It's very time-consuming. Although we always enjoyed the experience and love all our memories and pics of them.

I'll also admit that if they want to meet Baymax or Chewbacca this trip I wouldn't mind meeting them. Lol.

If there was no line for the 7 Dwarves I wouldn't mind taking pics with them either. I just can't imagine waiting on line for them.

But I will take advantage of less lines for rides while others wait for characters. I guess it all works out for everyone that way!

Hope you all get to meet the ones you want! Enjoy!
And I find it hard to see how someone could justify the price for the parade and some rides you can do during regular park hours. Don't get me wrong. The parade is great, but it's hard to justify if there isn't something else in the mix offering value beyond what I can do on a regular park day. I still like photos with rare characters, so the value is still there for me.

And I find it hard to see how someone could justify the price for the parade and some rides you can do during regular park hours. Don't get me wrong. The parade is great, but it's hard to justify if there isn't something else in the mix offering value beyond what I can do on a regular park day. I still like photos with rare characters, so the value is still there for me.
We actually do the party just to stay until midnight. When we go in November the park is never open later on the days we choose to go because of the parties. MK after dark is different, so we like to experience that.

We actually do the party just to stay until midnight. When we go in November the park is never open later on the days we choose to go because of the parties. MK after dark is different, so we like to experience that.

My wife and I will be going to the Christmas Party twice on our next trip. We don't really plan on doing the character greets either. Our decision to do the party seems to be a lot like yours. We love being in the parks late at night! We look forward to everything else the party offers besides the character greets. Less people/more time for rides, cookies/hot chocolate no matter how basic those may taste, snow on main street, the parade/shows and fireworks! There's a lot to enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter