"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITM is reporting that this year there will be a "new Version" of the Christmas party, with new fireworks and new castle show.

Anyone have any more info?

I have a question about the Holiday Wishes firework show. Is it the same firework show with a different Christmasy soundtrack? Or is it a completely different show?

me and my wife will go see scrooge it has been a long time joke with my wife that i am just like scrooge so we have to get are pic taken the x mas party is fun no matter what you do

We did BOG night of the party and had no regrets a couple years ago BUT it was a dream of mine to dine there and I had no idea if/when I'd get another chance. If BOG is a special dining experience that you or someone in your party really wants to do and this is your only chance this trip I'd take the party time and do it. If you'll have another shot at it, or you're just kinda interested in it, I'd skip it.

We have a six pm BOG ressie. I would not normally choose to sit at a TS during a party, but it is one in the group's birthday and it is her only want/wish of the entire trip! So, that is what we will do!

And I find it hard to see how someone could justify the price for the parade and some rides you can do during regular park hours. Don't get me wrong. The parade is great, but it's hard to justify if there isn't something else in the mix offering value beyond what I can do on a regular park day. I still like photos with rare characters, so the value is still there for me.

We maybe wait in one character line. I hate lines for anything! We do the parties for the atmosphere, the smaller crowds /shorter rides and special entertainment.

Normally I'd be thrilled about a different show ... but we're going for 7 days in Nov / Dec, and we've got 3 days pegged for MK ... but only 2 nights. Both are Christmas Party nights. So we're going to be down there for a week and the closest we're going to get to seeing Happily Ever After is watching it from California Grill.

I feel your pain...I'm going after Thanksgiving and I have 3 MK days planned...Tues is my MVMCP night, so that's the Holiday fireworks...Weds is my only full day at MK, so I'll see HEA fireworks that night...then Sat is my last day of the trip, leavin around 5pm, so no fireworks that night...

My husband and I are doing MVMCP as our only MK visit during our whirlwind trip to Orlando (we'll have one more full day in either AK or HS). Very excited as we're from Australia and huge Disney fans!

Ohhhh yay! We're from Australia too and can't wait for Disney!!

:smickey:

My husband and I are doing MVMCP as our only MK visit during our whirlwind trip to Orlando (we'll have one more full day in either AK or HS). Very excited as we're from Australia and huge Disney fans!
I did that a couple years ago with my best friend and it was perfect! A great way to squeeze in an MK visit with lower ride lines!

"And I find it hard to see how someone could justify the price for the parade and some rides you can do during regular park hours. Don't get me wrong. The parade is great, but it's hard to justify if there isn't something else in the mix offering value beyond what I can do on a regular park day. I still like photos with rare characters, so the value is still there for me."

The parade, fireworks and events offered during MVMCP are NOT offered during normal hours or on non-MVMCP nights...the only things offered during a regular park day is the Christmas parade and fireworks, and that's ONLY during the last week of December...so if I go in late November and pay extra to see ALL of the Christmas shows and decorations with WAY FEWER CROWDS, then I find that MORE than justifies the price...and the fact that MVMCP guests can enter the park as early as 4pm, that gives them 8 hours of fun for less than the price of one-day tix to MK...I guess its just a matter of what you think is important and what you think works for you...

My wife and are going to the party for the first time during our anniversary trip. We will attend either the Nov 12 or 14 party. Do these earlier dates usually sell out? How soon should we purchase them?

Dessert party aside, I'm getting jazzed for the main party! Is it too soon to be jazzed about a Christmas Party? I hope not! Anybody know approximately when they put out the list of rides that will be open for the party?

I feel the same way! I'm thinking about it constantly! Lol! We're surprising our 4 daughters with a small Disney trip this year and the Christmas Party and I can't wait!!!!!

My wife and are going to the party for the first time during our anniversary trip. We will attend either the Nov 12 or 14 party. Do these earlier dates usually sell out? How soon should we purchase them?

The first post on this thread shows what dates sold out last year so that might give you a better idea of what nights sell out.

I feel the same way! I'm thinking about it constantly! Lol! We're surprising our 4 daughters with a small Disney trip this year and the Christmas Party and I can't wait!!!!!
Aww!! That sounds like so much fun! I surprised my sister with our Christmas Party tickets last month, I just couldn't keep it to myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter