• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the first night of MVMCP is officially sold out for Nov 9. Just went to get one more ticket for a friend but couldn't :(. Glad I purchased mine yesterday, but not looking forward to the crowds!
Yikes! I've been holding off on buying tickets to the 2nd party on 11/10. Still not 100% convinced we want to go again this year. Guess I better decide fast!

I need some advice on scheduling issue...

It looks like the MVMCP parade run times are at 8:30PM and 11:00PM.
I have a BOG reservation for Dinner at 9:20

Is it possible to see the 8:30 parade in its entirety from around the Fantasy Land hub spoke and still make 9:20 BOG reservation or should I make plans for the 11:00PM Parade?

Apologies if I've already asked this (last minute planning anxiety!) - do I need to activate our tickets onto our magic bands, or should we be good to go if I can see them in my MDE account?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the first night of MVMCP is officially sold out for Nov 9. Just went to get one more ticket for a friend but couldn't :(. Glad I purchased mine yesterday, but not looking forward to the crowds!

Well, guess this makes the decision for me and we won't be going!

When do character updates start coming out? We're desperate to see who will be at the party this year :)

Ah, well I'll be there on the first party so it'll not count then, I need the info now to pre-plan :D

Typically the parade times & fireworks are released prior to 1st party along with a party map (day before from someone). Sometimes on Disney's website (parade & fireworks time) before released to the "regular" bloggers, posters, websites, they were this year for MNSSHP. For characters & going to 1st party, you'll have to base plans off of last year's info & if real savvy follow thread, FB, websites night of party. :santa:

I need some advice on scheduling issue...

It looks like the MVMCP parade run times are at 8:30PM and 11:00PM.
I have a BOG reservation for Dinner at 9:20

Is it possible to see the 8:30 parade in its entirety from around the Fantasy Land hub spoke and still make 9:20 BOG reservation or should I make plans for the 11:00PM Parade?
I would think you'd have plenty of time to make your reservation; however, Id keep an eye out on parade times. With the park closing at 6 instead of 7 this year, the schedule could be different.

just heard that the first party has sold out via Kenny the pirate.

Just sold out in last few hours, not even posted on my usual sites or groups.

Yes, posted last night by OP, tickets sold out yesterday. Post #1 updated last night too, it was on Disney's website yesterday evening when I checked after post, date noted as Sold Out.

Fireworks is unique to MVMCP.
Sandy Claws, 7D, Scrooge McDuck, Mickey & Minnie in Special Attire, Princes, unique. Probably missing a few.
Stage show unique.
Parade will replace FoF after last party but in daytime not night like @ Party. Parade preshow is unique to party.
There are MagicShots unique to party.

what is a Magic she?

So now that the first party is sold out I am getting a little afraid about my strategy. Do you think Sandy Claws or Nick and Judy might start their lines prior to the party starting? I had booked fps for after 4, but I can live if I miss the rides, I just want to make sure that we get to see the two characters we have priority for during a potentially sold out party. Thanks!

So now that the first party is sold out I am getting a little afraid about my strategy. Do you think Sandy Claws or Nick and Judy might start their lines prior to the party starting? I had booked fps for after 4, but I can live if I miss the rides, I just want to make sure that we get to see the two characters we have priority for during a potentially sold out party. Thanks!

I believe Sandy Claws, Nick & Judy & 7D all started meeting @ 6:15pm last year.

Last edited:
This may have already been addressed, but we have MVMCP in between our two base ticket days, all tickets being linked on our MB's. If we enter the parks at 4pm in the party line (assuming there is a special entrance) how does it know to use our party tix and not our last day base ticket?

This may have already been addressed, but we have MVMCP in between our two base ticket days, all tickets being linked on our MB's. If we enter the parks at 4pm in the party line (assuming there is a special entrance) how does it know to use our party tix and not our last day base ticket?
Magic :)
There are separate lines to enter for the party. Make sure you use those. And I'm super paranoid, so I always scan my hard ticket instead of the MB just to be sure.

Magic :)
There are separate lines to enter for the party. Make sure you use those. And I'm super paranoid, so I always scan my hard ticket instead of the MB just to be sure.
Lol I like your first explanation :rotfl:

So regarding the hard ticket thing, we called and had the party ticket added after purchasing our base tickets (all over the phone with Disney Travel company or whatever) and they were automatically linked in and added to our MDE during that phone call. The CM never said anything about the option to get a physical card.....so how would I go about making that happen, or is it too late for that? :confused: We leave 11/10 for Disney.

Lol I like your first explanation :rotfl:

So regarding the hard ticket thing, we called and had the party ticket added after purchasing our base tickets (all over the phone with Disney Travel company or whatever) and they were automatically linked in and added to our MDE during that phone call. The CM never said anything about the option to get a physical card.....so how would I go about making that happen, or is it too late for that? :confused: We leave 11/10 for Disney.
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you use the party entrance you should be fine. I've never heard of anyone having an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter