Official MNSSHP [Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party] 2007...

SEPTEMBER: WHO'S GOING WHEN

• SEPT 14

• SEPT 21

• SEPT 28

• SEPT 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
We went to MNSSHP on the Nov 2 also. We were surprised that the night was sold out. There were a lot of people, but we were able to do everything we wanted. We went to all of the candy stations, saw alot of the characters (including Snow white and the seven dwarfs), watched the second parade, the Villain Mix and Mingle and the fireworks. We had 9 in our group and all of us had our bags filled with candy. We went on a few rides, all were walk-ons.

We had a great time and will definately do it again.

We went on october 25th and had a fantastic time!
It seemed crowded but the lines for rides were about 10 minutes long. The parade was brilliant and we got a good spot for it. It was raining on and off to begin with but the weather held out :thumbsup2 . We got loads of sweets and there was a great selection from lollipops to chocolate and starburst etc.
Here is me and my sister at the beginning of the evening
mnsshpmeandkayla.jpg

:wave2:

We went on November 2nd and had a great time!

We were surprised to see that it was sold out, also. I was expecting the crowds to be a little larger because of that, but I didn't think that they were. We walked on to all of the rides that night. We didn't go to all of the trick-or-treating stands but towards the end of the night, the dream squad was walking around and they asked to see our bags and then saw that they didn't have much candy and filled them up for us. Then as we were leaving the CM's were handing out loads of Kissables to everyone. It was a great night!

Here are some pics from that night:

PB020112-1.jpg

PB020095.jpg

PB020073.jpg

PB020066.jpg

I'm not sure if any of you are still lurking on the disboards, but the MNSSHP thread for 2008 just doesn't seem to answer my questions like the 2007 thread did last year so I'm going to temporarily resurrect the 2007 thread (hope that's ok???).

Anyway, I just wanted the downlow on how things work from people who went last year. What's the best time to arrive? We have a 5:05 reservation at LTT, I was wondering how long dinner usually lasts? Is the dinner at LTT worth it? The reason I ask is that I also have a 6:25 Bibbidi Bobbidi reservation for my little princess before the parade starts. I am hoping this is not too much at once??? What time and where do you start gathering for the parade at 8:15? WHere can you see the headless horseman? What are must-dos of the evening? I really don't care so much about the rides, I just want to experience the ambience, take a lot of pictures, and enjoy the party and trick or treating with my DD. Do those photopass people come around and take a lot of pictures of you? Is there anything else you could add that I might be forgetting? Thanks a bunch in advance if you can answer any/all of my questions. I have been planning this trip for two years and I am finally making our dreams come true :)

Hi! Your message brings back lots of happy memories from last year.

We had dinner at LTT, and while we all really enjoyed it, it did kind of take a long time, and took time away from when we could have been enjoying the night. If you are also doing Bibbiddi, you might want to have a quicker dinner. On the other hand, we also wanted to get lots of rides in, so you might not have that to worry about.

Another factor is how late your kid(s) will be happy staying up. The first year we went we only stayed until about 9, the second time we stayed much later (whew). The parade is fantastic, but people do line up far in advance. The fireworks are wonderful.

One must-do is the photos in front of the Haunted Mansion, by the ghostly carriage. That is a photopass opportunity, and the picture came out great. We also saw ghostly barbershop quartet singers there who were very entertaining.

Be warned that the candy line (the one going behind tomorrowland) can get very crowded.

The entire evening, just the feel of it, is a wonderful experience. You can't go wrong. Have a fantastic time!

I had a lot of fun last year. We arrived right at 4:00, and immediately were able to ride everything we wanted but Haunted Mansion between 4-6:30. Read: the lines were almost non-existent... We grabbed a quick burger, and then it was just about time for all of the "festivities" to begin. We spent the rest of the evening just taking in all of the sights. I took a lot of pictures, and we made sure to grab a great spot for the fireworks and second parade. After the parade, we were able to do some trick or treating and finally get our ride on Haunted Mansion. Conveniently enough, we missed the one rain cloud of the evening as we were on the ride. As we walked out of the ride, it was just about midnight, and we acquired a bit more candy on our way out.

Personally, if it were me, I would try to keep the "scheduled" activities to a minimum whether it's dinner or something else. You really don't want to miss out on things that are truly unique to MNSSHP for things you can do any other regular day.

Personally, if it were me, I would try to keep the "scheduled" activities to a minimum whether it's dinner or something else. You really don't want to miss out on things that are truly unique to MNSSHP for things you can do any other regular day.

I was really thinking the same thing, I just needed someone else to suggest it first! I think I'm going to cancel my LTT reservation, get a little counter service, and try to reschedule the BBB reservation for earlier. I really want her to have the princess treatment before the party. Thanks a bunch for helping me come to a better decision :)

Hi! Your message brings back lots of happy memories from last year.

We had dinner at LTT, and while we all really enjoyed it, it did kind of take a long time, and took time away from when we could have been enjoying the night. If you are also doing Bibbiddi, you might want to have a quicker dinner. On the other hand, we also wanted to get lots of rides in, so you might not have that to worry about.

Another factor is how late your kid(s) will be happy staying up. The first year we went we only stayed until about 9, the second time we stayed much later (whew). The parade is fantastic, but people do line up far in advance. The fireworks are wonderful.

One must-do is the photos in front of the Haunted Mansion, by the ghostly carriage. That is a photopass opportunity, and the picture came out great. We also saw ghostly barbershop quartet singers there who were very entertaining.

Be warned that the candy line (the one going behind tomorrowland) can get very crowded.

The entire evening, just the feel of it, is a wonderful experience. You can't go wrong. Have a fantastic time!

Thanks so much for all the information. I'm going to skip LTT so that I have more time to do everything else. DD is only three, and I'm hoping she'll stay up a lot later than usual, but she could conk out by nine so I'd rather enjoy the little time I have walking around than sitting down eating (plus, will have more money to spend at BBB!) I'm glad you were able to relive some good memories. I can't wait to create our own :) Cross your fingers for me for a rainless evening!:woohoo:

We didn't do a scheduled dinner either. We grabbed some stuff to eat before we left our resort (CR), then headed over to MK around 4. Last year it rained, but we still had fun. We've always found a great spot for the parade near the Christmas shop. It was much easier to do things later in the evening-lines were almost non-existent for candy later. The candy trail behind Mickey's ToonTown was a walk through later, but was mobbed earlier. The only thing I've found it's better to do earlier is the pumpkin coach photo op, which is right before the Columbia Harbor House Restaurant as you exit FantasyLand. We've lined up early there and found almost no wait.

Remember too that October can be very hot! Our DS4 dressed as Woody for the MNSSHP last year. We didn't have him change into his costume until the party started at 7 (we entered around 4). It was still so hot the entire night. He just about roasted. In all our pictures, his hair was plastered to his head he was so sweaty. After we had his pictures made with all the Toy Story characters, we took off as much of the costume as possible to make him more comfortable. So keep that in mind when you are planning your costumes.

And don't stand in a long candy line. Enjoy the event and forget the candy. You can get the candy anywhere. Take advantage of all your special photo ops and the fun stuff!

We really enjoyed the MNSSHP last year but I think we are going to forego it this year. The week we are going there's two parties but neither of them offer a discount. Its not worth $56/adult and $50/child to us.:eek:

I will be there on Sept. 9th with a bunch of my gals for my Bachelorette Party :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I will be dressed as Alice in Wonderland again this year, since last year it was rained out for me I stood in the pouring down rain for over an hour and it was awful and we got 2 free tickets for this year!!!

I will be there on Sept. 9th with a bunch of my gals for my Bachelorette Party :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I will be dressed as Alice in Wonderland again this year, since last year it was rained out for me I stood in the pouring down rain for over an hour and it was awful and we got 2 free tickets for this year!!!

Have fun at your Bachelorette Party! What fun! That's great that you got free tix for this year. I thought they didn't do rainchecks for rain??? That is my biggest fear is that I have planned my dream vacation to attend the MNSSHP for two years and it will rain on my date. I was going to wait until the week I arrived to book to figure out which date looked better weatherwise but then one of the dates of that week was cancelled and I feared that the only party that week would cancel. Cross your fingers for me for good weather on Oct 2...I'll cross mine for you guys too!

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas...believe it or not, my DD is not really into candy (but chocolate is another story!) so we won't spend too much time trick or treating. I really hope she enjoys the parade. I can't wait to see the Headless Horseman. Where is the best viewing point for him? Are there any other must-have photo ops beside the haunted mansion and the pumpkin coach?

Have fun at your Bachelorette Party! What fun! That's great that you got free tix for this year. I thought they didn't do rainchecks for rain??? That is my biggest fear is that I have planned my dream vacation to attend the MNSSHP for two years and it will rain on my date. I was going to wait until the week I arrived to book to figure out which date looked better weatherwise but then one of the dates of that week was cancelled and I feared that the only party that week would cancel. Cross your fingers for me for good weather on Oct 2...I'll cross mine for you guys too!

No they normally do rainchecks but there was some really bad things going on there last year.

They were taking some peoples bracelets off and not other so they would give a refund and still let those people back into the park for the night and most people like me and my fiance were told to cut off our bracelets and turn them into the CM's and we would have to leave the park (which is what we did) so after I complained how unfair that was the Upper Manag. gave me a number for this year to use for 2 free tickets.

I will send pixie dust your way so you have great weather!!

I went to the Halloween event at California Adventure last year and it was really disappointing. But i'm hopeful that the one at WDW will be much better, it certainly sounds that way.

Just wondering, costume wise, I was literally the ONLY person dressed in a costume besides the little kids. It was rather embarassing XD Do more people dress up at WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter