Official October 2020 Thread!

Today I got an alert from AA that my flight changed our flight and it messed up most of our plans for arrival day. Is it hard to change your park reservations?

Today I got an alert from AA that my flight changed our flight and it messed up most of our plans for arrival day. Is it hard to change your park reservations?

The same thing happened to us. You need to cancel the one you don’t want and then book a new one, but it’s super easy... just check availability prior to canceling.

What discount is this?
Save up to $125 per night on the room portion of a package at select official Walt Disney World resorts for most dates September 4 through December 25, 2020. There is no minimum stay length.

Discounts (just for the room portion) off normal 2020 Disney World room rates:

Get $15 off (plus tax) per night at Fort Wilderness campsitesGet $25 off (plus tax) per night at select Value resortsGet $62.50 (plus tax) off per night at select Moderate resortsGet $125 (plus tax) off per night at select Deluxe & Deluxe Villa resorts
Or
Residents of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia
only can get up to 25% off room rates at official Walt Disney World resorts for most dates September 4 through December 25, 2020. There is no minimum stay length.

Just booked a trip for October 14-17 at the Swan for my daughter's birthday. What's the consensus about crowds during weeks that have traditionally been very crowded? We did this same week in 2016 and it was an absolute zoo, but I figure with limited attendance it won't be anywhere near what it normally is. Am I right to think this way?

Just booked a trip for October 14-17 at the Swan for my daughter's birthday. What's the consensus about crowds during weeks that have traditionally been very crowded? We did this same week in 2016 and it was an absolute zoo, but I figure with limited attendance it won't be anywhere near what it normally is. Am I right to think this way?

We are very worried about this, too. October seems more and more crowded every year. I'm worried about "COVID fatigue" leading too many school families to crowd the parks.

We are very worried about this, too. October seems more and more crowded every year. I'm worried about "COVID fatigue" leading too many school families to crowd the parks.
But at least we know the capacity isn't what it normally is. Though I'm assuming it's not going to be the low waits and crowds that we've been seeing...I hope I'm wrong.

This has been the topic of our house the last few days... we added 5 days to our vacation so were thinking of moving our park days to weekdays.
From what I have found out is at HS it doesnt matter, all res hit capacity every day. The other parks have lower than normal capacity but the nice weather days seem to bring out the AP people mid day. I still think we have no worries.. especially if you have been to the parks during peak season before.
Btw if you have not checked out priceline lately you can get swan for $154 in opeiqe bedding. Check out the priceline forum

Typically I’d be posting in the DLR thread for an October trip, but through a strange twist of fate DS14 and I are getting to spend a weekend at WDW! The entire family is going diving in the Keys over fall break and then just the two of us are sneaking up to Orlando, after everyone else goes home, for a weekend of Halloween Disney fun. 🎃 We just booked this week and I can’t believe it worked out for us to go! He and I were supposed to be on a DCL to Cabo that same week, so I figure this is a consolation prize. We’ll be at Pop Oct 16-19 and we’ll do HS on Saturday and MK on Sunday. We depart late on Monday so I booked horseback riding at Fort Wilderness! 🐴 We snagged a res at Droid Depot 🤖 but don’t really do ADRs because I don’t know exactly when we’ll be hungry. QS is fine with us, we don’t need anything fancy. We’ve been traveling a bit this summer and know that flexibility is key!

I still just cannot believe that we get to do a Halloween Disney trip, which is my absolute favorite! I hope everyone has fun planning their trips! :tink:Doing the happy dance? Oh yeah! :dogdance:

Typically I’d be posting in the DLR thread for an October trip, but through a strange twist of fate DS14 and I are getting to spend a weekend at WDW! The entire family is going diving in the Keys over fall break and then just the two of us are sneaking up to Orlando, after everyone else goes home, for a weekend of Halloween Disney fun. 🎃 We just booked this week and I can’t believe it worked out for us to go! He and I were supposed to be on a DCL to Cabo that same week, so I figure this is a consolation prize. We’ll be at Pop Oct 16-19 and we’ll do HS on Saturday and MK on Sunday. We depart late on Monday so I booked horseback riding at Fort Wilderness! 🐴 We snagged a res at Droid Depot 🤖 but don’t really do ADRs because I don’t know exactly when we’ll be hungry. QS is fine with us, we don’t need anything fancy. We’ve been traveling a bit this summer and know that flexibility is key!

I still just cannot believe that we get to do a Halloween Disney trip, which is my absolute favorite! I hope everyone has fun planning their trips! :tink:Doing the happy dance? Oh yeah! :dogdance:
We are Disneyland folks too. I fact I run the October thread over there even though we aren’t going there in October anymore..

I’m planning to do a quick trip October 26-30, assuming I can get my planned LASIK done before then (because mask outdoors+glasses=me walking into walls 😆😆😆)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter