*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***


Earning My Ears
May 16, 2020
We're coming down Oct 11-19, so we'll unfortunately be missing the celebration on the 1st due to my wife's work schedule. The original plan was to stay on property, but the plans have exploded and we're now bringing down a total of 14, some of who have never been to WDW before. We'll be renting a house that we're told is about 20 minutes away from the parks, so it will be a different experience for my family. Looking forward to the celebration as well as getting to introduce more family to the magic of Disney.


Adventure is out there.
Dec 9, 2014
I’m seriously thinking about booking 9/30-10/4 but I won’t pull the trigger just yet. I will need to decide if we should upgrade our current tickets to APs. Might be worth it if they run deals like they did for the 45th!


DIS Veteran
Jun 7, 2018
I am planning a big family trip in May, but am hoping to get a girls trip together for this!! AKA NO KIDS!!!
Thinking a long weekend like 9/30-10/3.. probably at a value resort, since will be going just a few months earlier.. ahhhh.. now to just get everyone on board!!! :) i wish we had more info!!!
otherwise- I may just go solo???? IDK.. there is a lot of time.. but i need to be there!!!
  • Aatif911

    Jan 21, 2013
    Following because we just booked our 50th Anniversary trip.

    Staying at Wilderness Lodge from Sept 27th - Oct 10th.


    Oct 28, 2018
    We can't be there for the actual anniversary due to school schedules but will be there Oct 14-18 at the Poly.


    DIS Veteran
    Apr 13, 2009
    My sister and I just canceled a trip planned for this October and plan to rebook for next October as soon as Disney opens those dates up. Planning to stay on site. We'd booked CBR for this trip and may stick with that next year. We'll see.
  • srauseo

    DIS Veteran
    Apr 13, 2009
    When I spoke to a CM on Wednesday morning (June 24) I was told they were only booking new reservations through September 26 and to check back later. I logged in this morning and it looks like that is still the case - not showing any rates at any hotels for October 7-11 dates.
  • megveg

    Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Mar 6, 2008
    hi everyone! I just got my confirmation number linked and updated for Sept 23- Oct 5 2021! I was able to make park reservations for 9/23, 9/24, 9/25, and 9/26. After that all the parks are unbookable. Im hoping park hoppers return and the reservation system goes away before we get there but Im just glad its linked to my MDE now, feels real haha :)


    Disney News and Updates

    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.