*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

Well, this is exciting, and hopefully it works out this time (Go away COVID!!), I just rebooked our 10 day late October/November 2020 stay for an 9 day stay at Copper Creek October 24 through November 2nd. Hopefully everything works out this time because I really don't know how I can wait any longer than this! Our party will be growing from a party of 5 (me, wife, and three daughters) to 6 (son) and maybe 7 (grandmother). Very excited and I really hope that the DDP is back, along with character meet and greets. We'll see, but honestly at this point we will go regardless!

How much more crowded is it anticipated to be in for October 2021 due to the 50th anniversary (plus I would assume numerous trips that were rebooked from the 2020 cancellations)? Will the 50th anniversary likely effect November and December crowds or likely just October?

How much more crowded is it anticipated to be in for October 2021 due to the 50th anniversary (plus I would assume numerous trips that were rebooked from the 2020 cancellations)? Will the 50th anniversary likely effect November and December crowds or likely just October?
Well... on 10/1/21, the actual date of the celebration, there are no more AP holder reservations to be had, not unless they release more later. There is still availability for ticket holders and people staying on site with reservations.

Well... on 10/1/21, the actual date of the celebration, there are no more AP holder reservations to be had, not unless they release more later. There is still availability for ticket holders and people staying on site with reservations.
So is the celebration going to be big on just that day or maybe that week? What would be the likely impact on late October dates or even Nov/Dec dates?

So is the celebration going to be big on just that day or maybe that week? What would be the likely impact on late October dates or even Nov/Dec dates?
🤷‍♀️
Your guess is as good as mine.
Using the event as a marketing tool, I anticipate they'll have events going on all year from 10/1/21 through to summer of 22.

As far as how busy things will be, nobody knows. But, based on previous "celebrations", the 50th will likely last at least a year-and-a-half or more.

Hello everyone! I have made some "changes" that may/may not stick :laughing: I currently have a campsite and a camper booked for almost two weeks for the end of Sept/First week of Oct but I just started a new job and I'm unsure if I'll be able to take that amount of time off so I tentitively booked a few nights at AKL and a few nights at COPPER CREEK CABINS which is my ultimate dream. They're currently placeholders as packages as cash which the prices are CRAZY but nothing has shown as available for DVC rental points or anything for the combo of days/room types I want. My dream is to stay at the WL Cabins and even if its 2 nights, it would be a dream come true. The other few nights at AKL are my mom's dream. She's always wanted to stay at AKL and 'have her morning tea with the giraffes' :thumbsup2 So if things don't get all messed up and vaccines and everything lead to a safe, healthy and plausible trip,k it may be for shorter days around the 1st of Oct, but at the two top resorts my family has been dreaming of. Now that 2021 is here, I feel like time is running out but we allknow so much can change in a few days, let alone a few months so I'll be there for at least the 3-4 days around Oct 1 eeven if thats all! I hope this year brings us all happiness, health and some WELL over due trips to WDW :)

Sooo...anyone planning Halloween costumes yet, just in case? :D

I plan Halloween costumes on Nov 1 so...:rolleyes1

I think it depends. If it stays a quick weekend trip for the 50th, we’ll play fast and loose, maybe throw some stuff in our bags just in case. If we end up having to do what y’all did and this ends up being our big trip instead of May, we’ll have way more time so I think we’ll shoot for something more concrete in terms of plans. I missed the party last year (ended up going to the first Xmas party instead) and really hope it comes back this year.

I plan Halloween costumes on Nov 1 so...:rolleyes1

I think it depends. If it stays a quick weekend trip for the 50th, we’ll play fast and loose, maybe throw some stuff in our bags just in case. If we end up having to do what y’all did and this ends up being our big trip instead of May, we’ll have way more time so I think we’ll shoot for something more concrete in terms of plans. I missed the party last year (ended up going to the first Xmas party instead) and really hope it comes back this year.

I was thinking if just Micky, myself and my sister - we could Disney Bound Huey, Dewey and Louie! :D

If my brother comes, then not sure.

We'll see when parties are (if), might be on a night where it's just MIcky and I, so then who know what I will come up with!

I was thinking if just Micky, myself and my sister - we could Disney Bound Huey, Dewey and Louie! :D

If my brother comes, then not sure.

We'll see when parties are (if), might be on a night where it's just MIcky and I, so then who know what I will come up with!
My first thought went to disney bounding Donald, Daisy and family, LOL..

However, I think Duchess, O'Malley and the alley cats might be fun too. Kids will always be down with being the kittens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter