***Official October 2023 Thread***

My magic band+ arrived yesterday! Yeah! Just over 4 days left, I would be surprised if I get anything else in the mail from Disney at this point. I was hoping for the luggage tags since we are doing a package deal but alas, I went through a TA so that might be why. I will ask at the front desk though as has been suggested. It's not that big of a deal but always nice getting a little dose of Disney in the mail before a trip.

Just have to get through a few things this week before I can feel settled and ready to go.
Make sure you charge them up and link them. It took me a while to do that for 5 people. Take a dual usb port (ANKER has these on sale for $9; I bought them for orig $22):

862DD63F-AB3B-47B4-9C47-C6BBCEC79777.jpeg

12 days and I haven’t packed a thing, I am so totally slacking this trip. I should get my butt in gear, at least I pretty much know what I’m wearing and the temps seem to be very warm that week and it’s getting cold here now so shorts can be packed.

I have been multiple times to F&W and always go stating I’m going to try this and this and that and never do so this year I am determined to make a list and actually stick to it since my DH doesn’t want a sit down on our 1st Epcot day🤣.

I just want the 21st to hurry up and get here!!

4 days here! 😳 I need to get my butt in gear too - I have been planning to sew drawstring backpacks for the 7-8 year old girls on our trip (and put glow in the dark orange Mickey pumpkins on them!). I need to get my sewing machine out tonight and start stealthily packing! The challenge here is that all prep has to be done after my daughter goes to bed because she still doesn’t know about the trip!

I have been multiple times to F&W and always go stating I’m going to try this and this and that and never do so this year I am determined to make a list and actually stick to it since my DH doesn’t want a sit down on our 1st Epcot day🤣.
We do the same thing. We usually end up eating lunch at the food booths on our Epcot day and never go back to them again. :)

I leave in about 4 days (airline timer says 3 days & a few hours - Not that I'm counting or anything! :rotfl2:)

I haven't packed but I *think* I have finally bought everything we need. Of course, as I type this I just thought of about 3 more things we didn't get - those little things that might not need but if I do I'm going to pay a fortune at Disney for them (first aid stuff mostly). We will probably be frantically packing the night before.

Just got back from our trip last night and it was absolutely fantastic! Everything went perfectly! We started off by getting upgraded for our rental vehicle to a Cadillac XT4, so that was a nice start! We got on every ride we wanted to, managed to snag a last minute Space220 reservation, and had no problems bringing both our droids and our lightsabers home on the plane, which I was a bit worried about! On the last day, we packed everything into the Caddy, moved over to the Check-in parking lot and parked. Then we went to Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours before having to leave for our flight. About 90 minutes in, I suddenly realized that I hadn't pressed the lock button on the Caddy! That was a bit of a stressful ride back on the bus! All of our electronics, our lightsabers, droids and about $1500 worth of new Disney and Halloween Horror Night clothes, all sitting there unprotected! Fortunately, it was all still there when we got back! Hope the rest of you have great trips!

Leaving in 17 days!!! The suitcases are packed with the exception a couple more Amazon/Old Navy orders to come, and a few travel toiletries i have to buy. I am shocked as I am usually a "pack the day before" type person.

5 more days for us! First trip with just my husband and I. We’re looking forward to the Food and Wine festival, and being on a more relaxed touring schedule than when we are with the kids. I have a few things reserved, and whittling it down. It seems other are doing the same, as I’ve been getting dining alert texts left and right for the past 24 hours! I haven’t packed a thing, but did designate a suitcase last time I unpacked from Disney, and put what we’ll need in that one! Need to plug in and update the magic bands.

For our Epcot nights we have Evolution Motown, Taylor Dane, and Billy Ocean. Has anyone seen them in the past? Are they worth checking out? I do remember the latter two from the 80’s and we love Motown music.

We have seen Motown Evolution and they are really good. :) I would try really hard to see this band.
For our Epcot nights we have Evolution Motown, Taylor Dane, and Billy Ocean. Has anyone seen them in the past? Are they worth checking out? I do remember the latter two from the 80’s and we love Motown music.

We have seen Motown Evolution and they are really good. :) I would try really hard to see this band.
Very good to know! Thank you! The plan is to hit the ground running and head to Epcot shortly after we arrive in hopes of catching their 6:45 or 8:00 PM set. Fingers crossed for no travel delays.

At Epcot right now, doesn’t seem super busy or anything. I registered for a Moana boarding group late (around 9:15) and we were just called to return by 12:30 so it seems to not be impacting crowds much
Yesterday I was guiding a friend through their Epcot day. They booked Test track as their first Genie+ ride and GoTG VQ.

Frozen and Remy were sold out when they could book their second pass but Frozen had availability right after it showed it was gone. Remy didn’t show up until 1:30 pm (didn’t see it, Thrill data shows it) and around 6:48 pm. It was down briefly so the wait time was artificially inflated (went down to 90 mins after a bit). They rode Soarin instead and wanted to experience the skyliner

6C261A91-DEBD-404E-86E3-DF889CFEEEC3.jpeg

They hopped to AK around 4 pm and rode Kali (Genie+), Everest, Dinosaur and FOP standby in about 2.5 hours

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter