• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday was our booking window. Snagged FOP four different days, so psyched! It did take us 5 hours at the computer, refreshing and battling freezing problems pretty consistently. Then of course we went through the changing our dining reservations process to accommodate our fast pass times, plus we are a party of 12, so we had to book in 2 groups and match up the overlap times. We made out fabulous...great schedule...and got all the dining we wanted even though we had to switch a couple around. I truly don't know how non-planners can do it. Really, my daughter was at home and I was at home and we were messaging as we were booking back and forth and it took 5 hours, no exaggeration! We also booked our plane reservations during that time, talk about a whirlwind! We are all so excited for this trip and family reunion to boot. Good luck to you all, FOP is worth every minute you spend trying to book it. My favorite ride of all time! No one else in my family has tried it yet, I can't wait to hear their reactions....I hope they love it as much as I do.

So, yesterday was our booking window. Snagged FOP four different days, so psyched! It did take us 5 hours at the computer, refreshing and battling freezing problems pretty consistently. Then of course we went through the changing our dining reservations process to accommodate our fast pass times, plus we are a party of 12, so we had to book in 2 groups and match up the overlap times. We made out fabulous...great schedule...and got all the dining we wanted even though we had to switch a couple around. I truly don't know how non-planners can do it. Really, my daughter was at home and I was at home and we were messaging as we were booking back and forth and it took 5 hours, no exaggeration! We also booked our plane reservations during that time, talk about a whirlwind! We are all so excited for this trip and family reunion to boot. Good luck to you all, FOP is worth every minute you spend trying to book it. My favorite ride of all time! No one else in my family has tried it yet, I can't wait to hear their reactions....I hope they love it as much as I do.

When we went earlier in December I ended up riding FOP 3 different times. It is the most immersive experience I've ever felt and one of the best experiences at a theme park ever. The fact they nailed it where you actually feel like you're flying and there's so much to see if you look around. It doesn't hurt I'm a die hard avatar fan and seeing/experiencing this was something else.

We are planning to rope drop avatar this week and can someone tell me if it makes a difference if you go in the security bag check line or no bag line? I can leave our bags in the car if it makes a difference. Thanks!

We are planning to rope drop avatar this week and can someone tell me if it makes a difference if you go in the security bag check line or no bag line? I can leave our bags in the car if it makes a difference. Thanks!
Idk if it would make a difference because you could send one person ahead without a bag and catch up to them in line. We’ve done that before.

I was able to get a FP for fop this morning, but the earliest I could get at 63 days out was 5:40 pm. I’m still glad I got something but I was pretty surprised that was the earliest I could get. I guess we are going on a Friday and it’s the first weekend in March so that might make a difference.

I was able to get a FP for fop this morning, but the earliest I could get at 63 days out was 5:40 pm. I’m still glad I got something but I was pretty surprised that was the earliest I could get. I guess we are going on a Friday and it’s the first weekend in March so that might make a difference.

I started out with 5:40pm then 3:20pm now I have 11:10am. I kept modifying until earlier times were available. If you try to modify you may be able to move up your time. People are always changing plans. Our AK day is the first Friday in March also!

When we went earlier in December I ended up riding FOP 3 different times. It is the most immersive experience I've ever felt and one of the best experiences at a theme park ever. The fact they nailed it where you actually feel like you're flying and there's so much to see if you look around. It doesn't hurt I'm a die hard avatar fan and seeing/experiencing this was something else.
Exactly...I'm a huge Avatar fan! Lots of folks in here were not, and quite a few folks said they never even saw the movie. I thought it was wonderful and the ride itself...so cool! To me, it felt the most like you were actually maneuvering the Banchee because the ride is shaped more like a "rice rocket" so you can lean into the turns. I ride a motor cycle, so it was so natural for me to turn with the creature. I just can't get enough of it...so psyched that I got it four times!

When I went in June...I had no bag and I went right through, just so quick. To be honest I wasn't paying much attention to the people with bags but I know there were lines. I just walked right in.

I started out with 5:40pm then 3:20pm now I have 11:10am. I kept modifying until earlier times were available. If you try to modify you may be able to move up your time. People are always changing plans. Our AK day is the first Friday in March also!
Did you get your 5:40 this morning and were still able to move it earlier? I’ve been trying like crazy and it just keeps saying nothing is available.

Did you get your 5:40 this morning and were still able to move it earlier? I’ve been trying like crazy and it just keeps saying nothing is available.

Yes...at 7am all I could get was 5:40pm. When I was finished making ALL FP+, I went back to modify FOP. I just kept alternating clicking on morning then afternoon until a different time popped up. It took some time to do this. Just be careful, at times Navi River popped up instead with earlier times. Good Luck!

Yes...at 7am all I could get was 5:40pm. When I was finished making ALL FP+, I went back to modify FOP. I just kept alternating clicking on morning then afternoon until a different time popped up. It took some time to do this. Just be careful, at times Navi River popped up instead with earlier times. Good Luck!
Okay I’ll have to try that and see if it works. How many people were you doing it for? I’m not too upset with our time because we have a 10:35 at tusker house but afternoon would be nice. I didn’t want fop too late because we have the ROL dining package.

Okay I’ll have to try that and see if it works. How many people were you doing it for? I’m not too upset with our time because we have a 10:35 at tusker house but afternoon would be nice. I didn’t want fop too late because we have the ROL dining package.

There's only two of us. We also have a reservation for Tusker House ROL dining package at 10:35am! It shouldn't take us more than an hour to have breakfast and we'll probably show up a little early for our reservation.

There's only two of us. We also have a reservation for Tusker House ROL dining package at 10:35am! It shouldn't take us more than an hour to have breakfast and we'll probably show up a little early for our reservation.
That’s so weird! Lol
I’ve looked and still haven’t been able to get anything earlier than 5:40. I’m not really sitting on my phone long though because I’m not that upset with the time we got. I honestly wanted any time as long as we got to ride fop.

Me too....I know granddaughter will want to ride again...she loves this ride!
My niece is 9 and I think she’ll love it but I doubt she’s even seen avatar so it might not be fun until she actually gets on it. I think it looks awesome!
I’m glad I don’t have to rd it now. We are gonna rope drop ee instead and then head to the safari.

You don't have to have seen the movie to enjoy the ride, but it does make it more meaningful!

My niece is 9 and I think she’ll love it but I doubt she’s even seen avatar so it might not be fun until she actually gets on it. I think it looks awesome!

My granddaughter will be nine in January. She hasn't seen the movie either. We used FP+ in August and granddaughter rode 3 times. We haven't waited in standby line, so no queue for us. I'm okay with that though (not a morning person). Maybe we'll try to jump in line before closing!

My granddaughter will be nine in January. She hasn't seen the movie either. We used FP+ in August and granddaughter rode 3 times. We haven't waited in standby line, so no queue for us. I'm okay with that though (not a morning person). Maybe we'll try to jump in line before closing!
We will probably only ride once and do Na’vi at park close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter