• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I get lucky and they have a AP or DVC preview on 4/22 when i am there -- how does it work if someone in my traveling party is not an AP holder nor DVC owner -- would she be able to go in as well?

I'm not expecting to happen, but just wondering if it does how is it handled. I won't have AP activated until i arrive on 4/18 so i'm guessing that any online sign up for a preview won't happen for me, but if DVC does i'm all set.
It depends and right now it is hard to know for sure. She might be able to join you but also might not be able to.

Well this will definitely be more intense than Soarin.
I'm thinking it will be more like the simulated Quiditch/Harry Potter ride at Universal. I actually didn't care for it, it moved too fast for me to enjoy the ride. I hope it gives us a phenomenal experience.

I'm planning on a solid 4 days to get it all done....the hard part is changing ADR's once the FP+ come out, plus I'm staying off site this year, so we can't book till 30 days out...hence my guesstimate of needing 4 days to experience it all!

I think if they do move other to tier 1 it'll be either Safari or EE.

But you're right, never know. Tier 1 for LwtL and Great Movie ride just didn't/don't make sense to me
I hate it that the Great Movie ride is tier 1. The only way we can ride it is to wait in line.

So the ride is a seat one straddles? That is wierd. A turnoff for:
1. Edlerly :my mon can do soarin but no way is she able to straddle anything.
2. People in skirts
3. Just gross. Think Florida heat/ humidty and body sweat.

Looks like it's going to be similar to the Tron lightcycle ride in Shanghai where you straddle it like a bike and the back part flips around and locks you into it.

So, assuming the do the AP preview as rumor has it, do they just send out an email to a certain few? Or to all AP holders and it's first come first serve to sign up?

So the ride is a seat one straddles? That is wierd. A turnoff for:
1. Edlerly :my mon can do soarin but no way is she able to straddle anything.
2. People in skirts
3. Just gross. Think Florida heat/ humidty and body sweat.
There will be accesible seats for flight of passage.

Reactions: CJN
Any speculation for if/when there would be soft open for non-AP/DVC? I have planned to visit AK on 5/8, it's an EMH morning and we will be there for that. I have my FPs already lined up, and I know there won't be any for Pandora during soft open. What strategy should I plan just in case there is a soft open?

I'm not buying that one either. I got another bit of information this morning, that the projected date for Imagineering formally turning the area over to park operations is 4/17, so the park cannot schedule anything before then. Plus, the next layer of CM training doesn't begin until 4/9.
This 4/17 date is significant, because it represents Imagineering declaring that the area is "done". (For comparison, last spring the Rivers of Light area was never turned over to the park, so the infamous opening announcement was premature, and ended up with the fiasco we all remember.)
I'm also told that Imagineering is currently giving fully functional tours to specially invited guests - members of the Imagineering staff, certain corporate VIPs, some members of the media and tourism industry, etc. If so, this pretty strongly suggests the area is ready to go for all but perhaps larger numbers of guests.

I'm not buying that one either. I got another bit of information this morning, that the projected date for Imagineering formally turning the area over to park operations is 4/17, so the park cannot schedule anything before then. Plus, the next layer of CM training doesn't begin until 4/9.
This 4/17 date is significant, because it represents Imagineering declaring that the area is "done". (For comparison, last spring the Rivers of Light area was never turned over to the park, so the infamous opening announcement was premature, and ended up with the fiasco we all remember.)
I'm also told that Imagineering is currently giving fully functional tours to specially invited guests - members of the Imagineering staff, certain corporate VIPs, some members of the media and tourism industry, etc. If so, this pretty strongly suggests the area is ready to go for all but perhaps larger numbers of guests.
Yeah, all of that plus AP blackouts that week. I am not buying it either.

I've asked this before about the "strong rumor" of tiers. Does that go ANYWHERE beyond these boards and pure speculation?

There are good reasons to speculate, but I'm trying to distinguish between a RUMOR that is based on SOMETHING from Disney (official of unofficial, CM, bus driver, etc.) vs PURE GUESS.... let's call it an educated guess, maybe... ;)

My understanding is that it is a GUESS at this stage -- still. Is that right?

When the 30-day Fastpasses opened for 7DMT, was it at the stroke of Midnight ET?

Did the servers crash?

Haven't heard anything beyond "It just makes sense, given what we know about how things roll at WDW." What you called "educated guess".

I've said in a couple places that ought not assume that tiering at AK would necessarily work the same as it does at the other parks. I've described a notion I call "soft tiering", for example, which puts only the three new headliners into Tier 1 but then allows the guest to schedule two of the three, instead of just one.

Yes. Totally guessing at this! :)

When the 30-day Fastpasses opened for 7DMT, was it at the stroke of Midnight ET?

Did the servers crash?
Yes, the servers did crash for 7DMT. Took out the FP system for MK.

I believe for FEA, they released the FPs in waves - a full 60-day availability was not opened immediately. The servers did not crash last year for the FEA release.

Haven't heard anything beyond "It just makes sense, given what we know about how things roll at WDW." What you called "educated guess".

I've said in a couple places that ought not assume that tiering at AK would necessarily work the same as it does at the other parks. I've described a notion I call "soft tiering", for example, which puts only the three new headliners into Tier 1 but then allows the guest to schedule two of the three, instead of just one.

Yes. Totally guessing at this! :)

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2 I'm one who's hoping that they DON'T tier... so I'm still keeping fingers crossed.:D

I know anything goes..If this even goes at all... In the past though, have you been allowed to bring a guest that is non AP?

I've asked this before about the "strong rumor" of tiers. Does that go ANYWHERE beyond these boards and pure speculation?

There are good reasons to speculate, but I'm trying to distinguish between a RUMOR that is based on SOMETHING from Disney (official of unofficial, CM, bus driver, etc.) vs PURE GUESS.... let's call it an educated guess, maybe... ;)

Nothing from Disney specifically. However I would trust members on this forum over trusting a ride CM or a bus driver.

It's all rumors and speculations of tiers. When we hear anything from Disney it'll be either that AK has tiers or Pandora will open and no mention of tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter