• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CAS239 - So the assumption is that these two rides will be in two different tiers so you can't FP both? Do we know this yet?

Agreed. I am a Star Wars fan but I can do without Star Tours. Very nauseating. On the other hand, Soarin', being open, and a large screen, makes the ride much more enjoyable. The 3-d glasses worry me, for nausea reasons, but, I am guessing this ride will mimic Soarin' much more than Star Tours (We are riding on a Banshee and that will be much more like riding a glider than speeding through space in a star-ship. Plus Soarin's popularity is far beyond Star Tours, so I think Disney would take note of that when creating the main attraction in Pandora). Also, I'm sure there will be a couple fun drops on the banshee's back towards the ground. It might very well turn out to be Soarin' but better/more thrilling.
Oh I hope you are right. I will be disappointed if it is like Star Tours.

@CAS239 - So the assumption is that these two rides will be in two different tiers so you can't FP both? Do we know this yet?

Nobody knows yet.

However the strong rumor and how I think it will go is that AK will go to tiers and it'll be Tier 1: Both Pandora Rides and Rivers of Light. I don't see how they won't go to tiers. If they don't then everyone heading to AK will fast pass both Pandora rides and then select RoL, EE, or Safari.

So again, nothing from Disney yet..but I would definitely be prepared for Disney to announce that AK will go to tiers

Nobody knows yet.

However the strong rumor and how I think it will go is that AK will go to tiers and it'll be Tier 1: Both Pandora Rides and Rivers of Light. I don't see how they won't go to tiers. If they don't then everyone heading to AK will fast pass both Pandora rides and then select RoL, EE, or Safari.

So again, nothing from Disney yet..but I would definitely be prepared for Disney to announce that AK will go to tiers

Makes sense. I rely heavily on touringplans.com when planning my day during busy times. Since our trip isn't until mid-December, it should give them time to work their magic algorithms. Will be curious to see how it all shakes out. At the very least though, I'm planning for two days at AK.

Makes sense. I rely heavily on touringplans.com when planning my day during busy times. Since our trip isn't until mid-December, it should give them time to work their magic algorithms. Will be curious to see how it all shakes out. At the very least though, I'm planning for two days at AK.

Two days at AK would be best. I expect Pandora to have long lines for quite some time, much like 7dmt and FEA. So 2 days would be good to avoid spending a lot of time in standby

Nobody knows yet.

I'm hoping the river ride will be tier 2 but I doubt it.

Waiting to hear something more concrete about AP previews on Earth Day. I'm ready to make a quick trip down to WDW either that weekend or the next but need to see a consensus building among "fanboy/girl nation" or an official announcement from Disney.

Two days at AK would be best. I expect Pandora to have long lines for quite some time, much like 7dmt and FEA. So 2 days would be good to avoid spending a lot of time in standby
We plan to do 2 days. One we will arrive at rope or morning EMH and go straight there and try to hit Pandora right before closing. The other day we are heading there at night. Hoping crowds we be less before closing. Going before closing might work for lesser crowds if they are open until 11:00 like last year. I'm not sure it will work well if it closes earlier.

Kali River Rapids would be tier 2 if they do go tiers
Never say never. Living with the land was (I don't know if it sill is) a tier 1. If they go to tiers they'll need a lesser type ride/attraction in tier 1 to go along with the major attractions.

Never say never. Living with the land was (I don't know if it sill is) a tier 1. If they go to tiers they'll need a lesser type ride/attraction in tier 1 to go along with the major attractions.
It switched back to Tier 2 once FEA came online.

I think if they do move other to tier 1 it'll be either Safari or EE.

But you're right, never know. Tier 1 for LwtL and Great Movie ride just didn't/don't make sense to me

If I get lucky and they have a AP or DVC preview on 4/22 when i am there -- how does it work if someone in my traveling party is not an AP holder nor DVC owner -- would she be able to go in as well?

I'm not expecting to happen, but just wondering if it does how is it handled. I won't have AP activated until i arrive on 4/18 so i'm guessing that any online sign up for a preview won't happen for me, but if DVC does i'm all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter