***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping everyone in my party loves FOP as much as I do. I'm the only one whose been on it so far and it is my favorite ride of all time!

Yesterday Disney released FOP FPs for the new extended hours up until March 24th. I am going the next week and did not see anything released yet for that week before I went to bed last night. Has anyone seen new FOP FPs for the week of March 25th for the 8:00am hour or 9:00pm hour? Thank you.

I have two questions for all the Pandora vets out there.

1. If I want to ropedrop FOP, is morning EMH worth it? It sounds like I need to arrive an hour early with or without EMH. If I drive myself and arrive an hour before opening, won't I be in the front either way?

2. If I did score FOP FP+, how early should one arrive to rope drop Navi River Journey

I have two questions for all the Pandora vets out there.

1. If I want to ropedrop FOP, is morning EMH worth it? It sounds like I need to arrive an hour early with or without EMH. If I drive myself and arrive an hour before opening, won't I be in the front either way?

2. If I did score FOP FP+, how early should one arrive to rope drop Navi River Journey

"Worth it" seems so subjective. It is like me trying to convince someone else why my favorite food should be yours. ;)

When we were there during Christmas, our family was pretty much one of the first ten families into the ride when it opened. Morning EMH was key, and we were at AK one hour before gates opened. But given the option of spending "wait time" waiting for the resort/AK bus, getting in line at AK and experiencing the Rope Drop march, I'd pick that over waiting in the two hour line at opening.

Why?

Because at 0:15 after EMH opening, we had finished FoP and NRJ. We had another 0:45 or more of EMH to ride Kilimanjaro, EE and Dino.

During Christmas, the CM asked how many folks at RD were interested in NRJ vs. FoP. NRJ was <5% of crowd. So I don't think you need to be as worried for NRJ. But having said that, I'd wait 40min for FoP, but wouldn't wait more than 20 for NRJ. My opinion means nothing, since waits for NRJ will still get to 60 min or more very soon after general park open.

Those of you arriving an hour before rope drop, are you busing to AK, or taking a taxi/uber/minievan?
Are the breakfast locations open prior to actual rope drop?

Depends.

We were there during Christmas. We stayed at the Contemporary and had 3 EMH mornings. We could take AK bus for 8AM EMH, but we had to Uber for the 7AM EMH. WDW seems to not release official information on when the busses actually start. My advice (learned this from Brian McNichols @ Touring Plans) is to look at bus arrival board while you wait. As soon as you see numbers changing, then you know bus is on its way.

Then it is up to you and your family how long you wait for the bus. We'd wait until 6:40AM for the 8AM EMH. The bus would get us there around 7AM.

We couldn't take the bus for the 7AM EMH. The sign board never updated. We needed to see a bus at 5:40AM for us to risk taking it. We broke down and called an Uber. Worked out well.

Here is a link to Brian's video:

I totally agree with rope dropping being worth it.

What I am trying to figure out is if I should specifically try to pick an EMH day or try avoid an EMH day, assuming that I am going to be there 1 hour early no matter what.

Said another way, would you rather,
1. Rope Drop FOP during morning EMH (ex: Arrive at 7am for an 8am EMH)
OR
2. Rope Drop FOP without morning EMH (ex: Arrive at 8am for a 9am opening with no EMH).

What I am trying to figure out is if I should specifically try to pick an EMH day or try avoid an EMH day, assuming that I am going to be there 1 hour early no matter what.

OR
2. Rope Drop FOP without morning EMH (ex: Arrive at 8am for a 9am opening with no EMH).
I don't think it makes much of a difference to be honest.

OR

My preference is to pick the EMH day. On an EMH morning, you are "only" competing with all of the resort guests. On a regular morning, you are competing with every guest who wants to come to the park at opening. Once you complete FoP and NRJ during the EMH, you are only competing with resort guests to ride all of the other EMH E-Ticket attractions, like Kilimanjaro and Everest.

I suspect the only downside to not picking EMH is if you're not a resort guest or if you're not able to wake up early.

Planning to do NRJ at rope drop, but there's a stroller in our group. How do we avoid the chaos of people rushing to FOP?

Planning to do NRJ at rope drop, but there's a stroller in our group. How do we avoid the chaos of people rushing to FOP?
I am guessing stay left? I haven't rope dropped any of the rides but my assumption is people going to FoP are directed right and NRJ left. I am sure others can help better with this question.

Might be an odd question, and haven't been able to search out an answer, but does anyone know what type of soap they use in the bathrooms in Pandora? My wife loved whatever they've been using in there and swears it's different than the other bathrooms at Disney World. Assuming it's a certain type of H20 product, but anyone know which? I'd like to order it.

Might be an odd question, and haven't been able to search out an answer, but does anyone know what type of soap they use in the bathrooms in Pandora? My wife loved whatever they've been using in there and swears it's different than the other bathrooms at Disney World. Assuming it's a certain type of H20 product, but anyone know which? I'd like to order it.
I know H2O can be bought online but I don't think you can find out what is used in the bathrooms there. That would be a janitorial question.

New to the Pandora Thread. Looking for information on adopting a banshee at Windtraders. How does it work? Sorry for such a silly question and thanks in advance.

New to the Pandora Thread. Looking for information on adopting a banshee at Windtraders. How does it work? Sorry for such a silly question and thanks in advance.

You’ll be able to choose and connect to your Banshee in the Rookery area of Windtraders. The CM will have you choose a Banshee from its perch and you’ll be taught how to “animate” it.

Banshee Connect will allow guests to be matched with a plush version of the banshee which guests can then take with them. Banshee Connect originally cost $49.99 plus tax. A banshee perch costs around $15. Disney has also released a banshee carrying bag for purchase within Windtraders. This is a high ticket item and could have low stock at times.
Prices have increased to $59.99 plus tax.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...e-windtraders-in-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter