Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Okay...I know I asked this question and did get a response regarding pool hours. It seems, that due to the new fencing, pool hours are strictly enforced, including the hot tub at Poly. So....the resorts that do not have fences have more liberal pool hours?

No, the pool hours are the same. It's just the resorts have found it hard to enforce with no fence around. They would have to post a CM at the pool 24x7 which they don't want to do. But all feature pools across WDW will have some sort of fence eventually.

And....I am paying top dollar to be restricted from using the pool and hot tub. I'm just curious if anyone else things this seems off. I'm used to staying at Pop and swimming in the morning and at night. There are always a few or more people in the pool at those times. Is no one having an issue with this....at all?

I enjoy a late night soak in the hot tub too, but their pools their rules.

The kid's splash area was busy and looks like a lot of fun. There is a fence around the pool but we didn't use our magic bands to get in...I assume that will come later because the pad to swipe the magic band is at the gate just not operating. Despite it not being busy, i did think it was a fairly small pool compared to some of the other resorts we have stayed at. We are switching to AK today for our first stay there so will see how their pool compares.

Wow. They are not requiring magic bands to get into the pool area? Wonder why? Doesn't that mean pool hopping could still be going on?

I find searching under the username to be easiest.. Use search button and then search under member name...the threads will come up...Hope this helps!:goodvibes

This would help if I knew the poster. Lol I thought if I knew a key word, that would work, But no luck. Can anyone else help?

:wave:

Oh boy! Just read through the above thread. If I wasn't before, I'm nervous now. Now I'm seriously considering a switch from studio villa to regular room since I'm afraid that being non-DVC guests we'll be the first to be put in a room facing construction! Oy! What to do??!??!!! I need you now friends. Some advice please! :worried: Should I stay put or get a regular room?

GOOD.:thumbsup2 Paying guests at any resort don't want more crowded pools that could be avoided with non guests using facilities. :goodvibes

I agree 100% with this!!

Last year when we stayed at the GF, I couldn't even tell you how annoying it became when we couldn't find chairs by either pool on most days because the chairs were being occupied by unpaying guests. We overheard so many folks bragging about how easy it was to get in and yet when we complained, CM's said they couldn't do anything about it :mad:. Really wish all resorts would follow the same procedure that is enforced at SAB over at the BC/YC! Poly pool looks small as it is and with no quiet pool, I'm not going to be a happy camper if we can't find a spot at the pool we're paying for.

Who wouldn't want to swim/use the beautiful pools at Disney's resorts?:confused3 Disney shouldn't make it "easy" for non paying guests to use facilities that they are not entitled to use! >:(

Oh boy! Just read through the above thread. If I wasn't before, I'm nervous now. Now I'm seriously considering a switch from studio villa to regular room since I'm afraid that being non-DVC guests we'll be the first to be put in a room facing construction! Oy! What to do??!??!!! I need you now friends. Some advice please! :worried: Should I stay put or get a regular room?
Just keep in mind switching to a regular room will not eliminate the possibility of facing construction. 4 of the 8 longhouses that make up the regular resort rooms border the east pool so if you are in the side of one of those that looks out toward the east pool you will still see construction.

I agree 100% with this!!

Last year when we stayed at the GF, I couldn't even tell you how annoying it became when we couldn't find chairs by either pool on most days because the chairs were being occupied by unpaying guests. We overheard so many folks bragging about how easy it was to get in and yet when we complained, CM's said they couldn't do anything about it :mad:. Really wish all resorts would follow the same procedure that is enforced at SAB over at the BC/YC! Poly pool looks small as it is and with no quiet pool, I'm not going to be a happy camper if we can't find a spot at the pool we're paying for.

IMHO, there are not enough chairs for the PAYING guests. They're stacked on top of each other and still tight - the fence made it smaller - and everyone there (i'm sure) had bracelets and were guests. :(

I agree 100% with this!!

I'm surprised to hear that, because I've heard of CMs going around checking guests bands with a reader to see if they're guests of the resort, and asked to leave if they aren't. Don't know why they said they couldn't do anything. Maybe they didn't want to be bothered :sad2:
I totally agree, I'd like SAB system resort wide too.

IMHO, there are not enough chairs for the PAYING guests. They're stacked on top of each other and still tight - the fence made it smaller - and everyone there (i'm sure) had bracelets and were guests. :(
They may be wearing bands, but could be from another resort.

Personally, I wouldn't stay in a studio with 5. Having 2 bathrooms is a plus, but I've read it takes up more room. Also you only get 1 bed. Then 2 others have the pull out, which again, I read, takes up a lot of space when out. Then the Murphy bed which takes the place of a dresser. So less storage too.
I'd get a regular room, with 2 queens & daybed. Sounds like the studios are pretty squishy. Just my opinion.

I'm surprised to hear that, because I've heard of CMs going around checking guests bands with a reader to see if they're guests of the resort, and asked to leave if they aren't. Don't know why they said they couldn't do anything. Maybe they didn't want to be bothered :sad2:
I totally agree, I'd like SAB system resort wide too.

They may be wearing bands, but could be from another resort.

No. As I said, they were asking for room numbers. I gave them our room # and our name and they knew we were staying there. ?

Sounds like the studios are pretty squishy.

The DVC longhouses were built in 1978 and 1985's and had a larger square footage than the rooms in the original longhouses (excluding the higher end rooms).

From Tikiman's web site...
The original longhouse rooms are all the same unless they have ADA items and layouts or are a king bed room. These rooms are all the same size also and are considered the smaller rooms at 415 sqft but even they are larger than most of the other Deluxe Resort rooms.

When they added Tokelau in 1978 they built larger rooms (465 sqft) into a larger building with wider hallways.

Moorea (Tahiti) and Pago Pago (Rapa Nui) were built after one of the models done in Tokelau and have always had the double sinks in the rooms. They are the same size as Tokelau and the buildings have the larger hallways.

It will be interesting to see what the real square footage is for a Poly hotel room (minus the bathroom) versus studio (minus square footage of the two bathrooms).

If space is a concern during the day, the fold out bed and Murphy bed can be folded up. DVC does this to allow the guests to have more usable space during the day.

No, the pool hours are the same. It's just the resorts have found it hard to enforce with no fence around. They would have to post a CM at the pool 24x7 which they don't want to do. But all feature pools across WDW will have some sort of fence eventually.

I enjoy a late night soak in the hot tub too, but their pools their rules.
Yeah...sorry...it kinda sucks though. I'm working through it....figuring out how to adjust my schedule to work in the hot tub. It will take some workarounds that's for sure!

In spite of some of the draw backs in staying at the Poly....I love the Polynesian theme, the music, the food! I was considering staying elsewhere but I really didn't find anything that appealed to me as much as this resort. I've been to Hawaii and attended the Polynesian Center there. The show was fabulous! I'm hoping for the best and keeping a positive attitude. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter