Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

The DVC longhouses were built in 1978 and 1985's and had a larger square footage than the rooms in the original longhouses (excluding the higher end rooms).

From Tikiman's web site...

It will be interesting to see what the real square footage is for a Poly hotel room (minus the bathroom) versus studio (minus square footage of the two bathrooms).

If space is a concern during the day, the fold out bed and Murphy bed can be folded up. DVC does this to allow the guests to have more usable space during the day.

We don't tend to be in our room much anyway. I like the double bath idea as it will definitely speed things up in the mornings. And the kitchenette is better for us and our breakfasts...didn't like keeping our toaster and cereal on the dresser at the GF last year lol :rotfl:I think we'll stay put at the studio. @CMNJ made a good point. We'll have a higher probability of seeing construction with a regular room.

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't stay in a studio with 5. Having 2 bathrooms is a plus, but I've read it takes up more room. Also you only get 1 bed. Then 2 others have the pull out, which again, I read, takes up a lot of space when out. Then the Murphy bed which takes the place of a dresser. So less storage too.
I'd get a regular room, with 2 queens & daybed. Sounds like the studios are pretty squishy. Just my opinion.

I know that it's only a 3 week window, but has anyone stayed in a studio AND a regular room?

The DVC longhouses were built in 1978 and 1985's and had a larger square footage than the rooms in the original longhouses (excluding the higher end rooms).

From Tikiman's web site...

It will be interesting to see what the real square footage is for a Poly hotel room (minus the bathroom) versus studio (minus square footage of the two bathrooms).

If space is a concern during the day, the fold out bed and Murphy bed can be folded up. DVC does this to allow the guests to have more usable space during the day.
Yes, I have stayed in Tokelau. It will be interesting to hear what the actual Sq ft in room is now with remodel ::yes::

No. As I said, they were asking for room numbers. I gave them our room # and our name and they knew we were staying there. ?
Sorry, I was thinking of MommyRosa's post where she told CMs there were people at pool that weren't staying there and they were unwilling to do anything.

We don't tend to be in our room much anyway. I like the double bath idea as it will definitely speed things up in the mornings. And the kitchenette is better for us and our breakfasts...didn't like keeping our toaster and cereal on the dresser at the GF last year lol :rotfl:I think we'll stay put at the studio. @CMNJ made a good point. We'll have a higher probability of seeing construction with a regular room.
I stored my food in the closet shelf up top and some on top of the safe.

what do you mean? After our stay at the end of next month, we will have stayed in both (just not in the same trip).

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm hoping to compare the studios villas to the regular rooms. Only those who had been in a studio since opening on April 1st would be able to compare. :)

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm hoping to compare the studios villas to the regular rooms. Only those who had been in a studio since opening on April 1st would be able to compare. :)

After 5/30 I would be able to give you an answer :-)

Yeah...sorry...it kinda sucks though. I'm working through it....figuring out how to adjust my schedule to work in the hot tub. It will take some workarounds that's for sure!

CANNOT WAIT to hang by the hot tub late afternoon/early evening!:cheer2: So EXCITED!:jumping1:

Our first Poly stay is Sept 8-18. I know the east pool will be closed, but can anyone tell me what other projects may be going on at that time? Will the walkway to the TTC be open and if not, how much of an inconvenience will that really be? We don't spend much time in our rooms during the day for naps or anything like that, so I'm not that concerned about the east pool if we have a room over that way, but would a monorail view room at Rarotonga be a good choice, or should I go for one of the three buildings on the east side of the GCH?

Our first Poly stay is Sept 8-18. I know the east pool will be closed, but can anyone tell me what other projects may be going on at that time? Will the walkway to the TTC be open and if not, how much of an inconvenience will that really be? We don't spend much time in our rooms during the day for naps or anything like that, so I'm not that concerned about the east pool if we have a room over that way, but would a monorail view room at Rarotonga be a good choice, or should I go for one of the three buildings on the east side of the GCH?

I hear TTC walkway is open.

Does anyone know how long it took to do the pathways outside of Samoa facing the East pool? We are staying GV CL in June and I'm wondering if the same work is being done there and if it will maybe look a little better when we are there. I know there will be ongoing construction however the landscaping being all torn up right outside your door is a real eye sore.

*** is going on with the hot tub? it seems to open then close then open then close.....Can only hope that when we go this spring it will be totally open.

*** is going on with the hot tub? it seems to open then close then open then close.....Can only hope that when we go this spring it will be totally open.
Good Question! Does anyone who is there now know what's up?

I'm reading some bad reviews from guest staying at the DVC rooms on Tikiman's facebook page. Guest are having water issues. I sure hope they fix it fast.

We have some cold feet over here and I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight... (since we called the Poly and they were not helpful at all).

We are staying Oct 15 - 20 at a Garden View CL room. We are traveling with a 4 month old, 4 year old and a Grandma who will all likely need their naps in the afternoon. I am getting really nervous about risking staying at the Poly due to the East Pool construction. I read that they may possibly close the rooms facing construction, and if they do that then we are fine, but even if I wanted to downgrade to a standard room I couldn't at this point and our only option is to head over to the GF for a standard view room. Is it possibly that the Poly is already all booked for October because they plan on shutting down the rooms facing the east pool? Should we risk it and and stick with our original plan? I also heard you can request a room upgrade upon arrival for a lagoon view away from the noise, is this true?

We have some cold feet over here and I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight... (since we called the Poly and they were not helpful at all).

Probably b/c you can't call the actual resort. Your call went to a call center somewhere off property (and out of state most likely). They would have no direct knowledge of construction progress, etc.

We are staying Oct 15 - 20 at a Garden View CL room. We are traveling with a 4 month old, 4 year old and a Grandma who will all likely need their naps in the afternoon. I am getting really nervous about risking staying at the Poly due to the East Pool construction. I read that they may possibly close the rooms facing construction, and if they do that then we are fine, but even if I wanted to downgrade to a standard room I couldn't at this point and our only option is to head over to the GF for a standard view room.
If this would ease your mind, maybe you should do this?

Is it possibly that the Poly is already all booked for October because they plan on shutting down the rooms facing the east pool?
Certaiy possible. Plus free dining discount for Fall seems popular.

Should we risk it and and stick with our original plan?
What is more important to you? Poly or having peace of mind about avoiding something that would tarnish your vacation? It sounds like the latter. But no one can tell you what's best for you.

I also heard you can request a room upgrade upon arrival for a lagoon view away from the noise, is this true?

Room upgrades are on an "as available" basis. If they have the room available they will certainly sell it to you, just like any hotel. A room "request" ahead of time is just that -- a request. No guarantees.

Best of luck.

I'm reading some bad reviews from guest staying at the DVC rooms on Tikiman's facebook page. Guest are having water issues. I sure hope they fix it fast.

My husband is a contractor. All plumbing should have been tested (and tested). He also said that if it was his job, everything would've been smooth sailing ;)

Apparently the same thing is going on with the new kids play area. That's why we are staying clear of our favorite resort until all of this construction is finished and all of the kinks are worked out!

Bumping this old thread to find out about January. Considering a DVC standard view studio over MLK weekend & wondering about the noise level & general " construction feel" over there. I know the leisure pool is being worked on but how close is that to the villas? Is there any other construction happening now?

heading there at the end of September, little nervous about what the construction will be, but wouldnt imagine it would be a deal breaking of any kind... lol, at least I hope not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter