**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So what is the consensus on this event?
Seems the first one, back in what, 2016?, was good but then I don't remember seeing very good reviews on this last one at all.
I know we got to BWI on the night they were having the first one, too late to go, but it sounded and looked like everyone was having a blast.
I'd wanted to go down for the last one and we never managed to get it together and when I saw the reviews I was glad we didn't.
We'll be there for the 27th so now I am not sure what to do. Am I right/wrong? Was the 2nd one as good as the 1st?
found this video of the second one covering pretty much everything that was offered. To me it's more about the feel of being together with fellow SW fans rather than doing all the lines, but it really depends on the priorities for each person

Bought tickets for our trip (actually extended a day to go). My DS10 is Star Wars obsessed. I am surprised to see they didn’t have the Jedi Training add on package they offered last year. I didn’t think Disney would pass on a chance to up charge.

Seems the first one, back in what, 2016?, was good but then I don't remember seeing very good reviews on this last one at all.
I know we got to BWI on the night they were having the first one, too late to go, but it sounded and looked like everyone was having a blast.
I'd wanted to go down for the last one and we never managed to get it together and when I saw the reviews I was glad we didn't.
We'll be there for the 27th so now I am not sure what to do. Am I right/wrong? Was the 2nd one as good as the 1st?

My son (now 9 yo) and I went to both of them. Both trips were designed around Galactic Nights, and we wouldn't have gone to WDW if it hadn't been for Galactic Nights.

GN #1 - I had a good, not great, time. The novelty of RNR was great. The photo backdrops were nice, but I would've appreciated more characters. My son did Jedi Training Academy in the dark, which was cool. We did not do any of the adult-oriented presentations. We missed the droids. The "reveal" at the end of the night with the stickers was awesome. My son had an awesome time and said he wanted to go again. The free poster is hanging in his room.

GN #2 - Again, I had a good, not great, time. RNR was still good, but the novelty had worn off for me. There was a new scene in Star Tours, which was cool. There were new photo backdrops (good!), and there were a couple unique characters (Rey and 7th Sister). Jawas were also out, but I had seen them plenty in the past. Patrolling death troopers were also out. I still would like more character meet-and-greets. We did not do JTA because of the additional cost. (Frankly, it's also a time suck when party time is limited.) Again, we did not do any of the adult-oriented presentations. We saw the droids, which my son LOVED! There was no major reveal. My son had an awesome time and said he wanted to go again. The second free poster is hanging in his room. I'm not usually into special food offerings, but the lightsaber churros and salty-sweet popcorn were a huge hit with my son.

GN #3 - I'm torn. If money and time were limitless, I'd do it again. For us, we'd have to fly down on Friday and fly back on Monday. That makes the average-cost-per-day pretty steep. I want to be excited about it, but I'm not yet.

We are already planning to be at WDW for this weekend. It's our usual end of school year trip, time frame.
I had hoped it was also going to be opening for TSL but I'm just not sure they'll hold Galactic Nights and TSL opening the same weekend. Maybe but something tells me TSL will be later.
But that puts a big ole ? on the whole thing too. We'll want to be there for that, and a preview if they have one. So can we do our usual 10 night trip at the end of school, plus the preview, plus another trip for TSL? Probably not. Something has to go and Galactic Night would probably be the first thing to go, quite honestly. I may wait a week or so to see if there is any more info about TSL first.

I am trying to figure out if they let you in early like they do Halloween and Christmas parties. We have passes but my daughters friend does not and she has been dying to go to HS with us. Anyone know?

I am trying to figure out if they let you in early like they do Halloween and Christmas parties. We have passes but my daughters friend does not and she has been dying to go to HS with us. Anyone know?
you can come in after 5pm with the party ticket

This thread helped us so much on past trips. Thank you!! Our next trip won't be until next year, but we're trying to pin down the days. What is the latest word on when Galaxy's Edge will open?

Will it be in the summer? Thanks for everything you do to help with the Star Wars information.

This thread helped us so much on past trips. Thank you!! Our next trip won't be until next year, but we're trying to pin down the days. What is the latest word on when Galaxy's Edge will open?

Will it be in the summer? Thanks for everything you do to help with the Star Wars information.
latest is late 2019

Hi everyone.
I'm attending the dessert party in just over a week. Really looking forward to it!
What's the latest opinion on viewing the show?
Do I need to leave the actual dessert party early?
Where is the best spot to stand? Is it still the back of the viewing area?
Any tips will be much appreciated! I'm flying solo on this one and seeing the fireworks/show takes priority over the food and drinks!
TIA :)

Hi everyone.
I'm attending the dessert party in just over a week. Really looking forward to it!
What's the latest opinion on viewing the show?
Do I need to leave the actual dessert party early?
Where is the best spot to stand? Is it still the back of the viewing area?
Any tips will be much appreciated! I'm flying solo on this one and seeing the fireworks/show takes priority over the food and drinks!
TIA :)
back and left of the viewing area. Not sure that you need to leave early as the party doesn't seem to be selling out but if you want to be extra sure you could leave early

Is the viewing area worse than it used to be? We went when it was all outdoors and managed to get a table front right at the time which we enjoyed but may not bother with party again if viewing area is not as good.

Is the viewing area worse than it used to be? We went when it was all outdoors and managed to get a table front right at the time which we enjoyed but may not bother with party again if viewing area is not as good.
Those were the good ole days. IMO it's not as good. If you're doing the party for the complete experience, fine, just make sure you stay towards the rear of the viewing area. But if you're doing it mainly for the viewing, I'd rethink it.

The viewing area is in center stage now. The elevated area in the center in front of the Chinese theater. Most people, including myself think that it's too close to the theater and you miss the wideness of the show

Thanks, waiting for June dates anyway so still time to make up my mind. There are 5 of us so it gets expensive and maybe it will be slightly easier to see Fireworks as we will be there just before Toy Story Land opens now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter