**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Yes I understand, Disney CMs as a policy do not like to ruffle feathers. I just dislike seeing people behaving badly and feeling like they got what they wanted just because they complained enough. Not only is that disruptive to the other guests but also to staff such as yourself. I know, not my circus and not my monkeys but I do wish people would be more considerate of their fellow guests. We're all Star Wars fans so I don't see the harm in being at bare minimum cordial.
One io the things I always liked about the original dessert party setup is that you were more than likely bound to share you table with someone else, especially being a party of 2 or 3. Have the opportunity to meet people, talk about it love for sw and Disney, see where they were from...

One io the things I always liked about the original dessert party setup is that you were more than likely bound to share you table with someone else, especially being a party of 2 or 3. Have the opportunity to meet people, talk about it love for sw and Disney, see where they were from...
The high tops did help with that issue.

The assigned seating is new and I’m sure they will work out the kinks. My husband and I may do it in November depending on the dates versus the events we already have planned. I’ve met many a stranger at Disney and typically it goes well.

I just dislike seeing people behaving badly and feeling like they got what they wanted just because they complained enough.
I understand, and sometimes it's a challenge to have to deal with certain Guests, but Disney only lets out a certain amount of rope before the repetitive offender hangs themselves.

We are booked for next Monday, July 2. I can't wait to try out the dessert party again with all of the changes. It's definitely one of the things that we are most looking forward to on our upcoming trip!

We're in that phase right now and are almost ready to make it official. It's actually going quite well. We have experience with the FEA party and the JBJB party which have the same process.
When you say "make it official," do you mean that at that point the web description will reflect that there is seating?

Thanks for all the new party information. We did the party 2yrs ago and loved it, and I'm now trying to talk dh into doing it in September. He's not willing to pay for it......yet! lol

Hi all. We are waiting for the September dates to appear as well. Hoping to book this as well as FEA dessert party.

Would love to see/hear the new menu options!

The options that were there for me Friday Night were...pita bread, red pepper hummus, another hummus or dip, mozzarella with tomato, prosciutto (boy did I get my money's worth of that!), another pork or beef product, olives, another cheese, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, lemon blueberry cupcakes, a vanilla cupcake, mini cheesecakes, blue milk panna cotta, kitchen sink bread pudding, vanilla ice cream, frozen nitrogen chocolate truffles, ice cream bars, 3 cocktails (a margarita, a watermelon citrus vodka drink and a rum drink), wine, beer, soda cans

I feel I may be missing some things but I kinda forgot to take photos of the spreads!

My friend with her milk/egg allergy was given a key lime dairy free jar, dairy free ice cream, a special panna cotta and she declined the allergy cookies and the chocolate jar. She loved the key lime dish! She wished she could have gotten another one. She had done the party about 3 months ago with someone else and thought the food was greatly improved this time!

The options that were there for me Friday Night were...pita bread, red pepper hummus, another hummus or dip, mozzarella with tomato, prosciutto (boy did I get my money's worth of that!), another pork or beef product, olives, another cheese, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, lemon blueberry cupcakes, a vanilla cupcake, mini cheesecakes, blue milk panna cotta, kitchen sink bread pudding, vanilla ice cream, frozen nitrogen chocolate truffles, ice cream bars, 3 cocktails (a margarita, a watermelon citrus vodka drink and a rum drink), wine, beer, soda cans

I feel I may be missing some things but I kinda forgot to take photos of the spreads!

My friend with her milk/egg allergy was given a key lime dairy free jar, dairy free ice cream, a special panna cotta and she declined the allergy cookies and the chocolate jar. She loved the key lime dish! She wished she could have gotten another one. She had done the party about 3 months ago with someone else and thought the food was greatly improved this time!

Thanks for listing some of the options! Sounds like this can easily be our "dinner". We have a Sci-Fi lunch booked at 1pm, so we should be able to sub dinner for this party :) Just hoping the September dates open soon! According to the website, Star Wars Galactic Spectacular is playing the night we want to do the party, so hopefully thats a good sign.

We are booked for next Monday, July 2. I can't wait to try out the dessert party again with all of the changes. It's definitely one of the things that we are most looking forward to on our upcoming trip!
Us too! We've only done the Wishes Dessert Party several years ago and this one sounds even better!

Thanks for all the new party information. We did the party 2yrs ago and loved it, and I'm now trying to talk dh into doing it in September. He's not willing to pay for it......yet! lol
My DH has no idea how much these things cost. He will enjoy it, though and by buying disney gift cards regularly it's like we aren't even paying for it!

Thanks for listing some of the options! Sounds like this can easily be our "dinner". We have a Sci-Fi lunch booked at 1pm, so we should be able to sub dinner for this party :) Just hoping the September dates open soon! According to the website, Star Wars Galactic Spectacular is playing the night we want to do the party, so hopefully thats a good sign.
Ugh! We have dinner reservations at Il Mulino (sp?) at 5pm the night I want to do the party. We'll have to forego dessert there for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK

Were the ice cream bars like the Mickey bars??

Yes. I just don't know if there were other options as I never went and got one.

I did not see Mickey bars, which is disappointing if we missed them!

We went last night. My laptop is packed right now so I'll post pictures later.

The tables were really nicely themed and spread out in a couple of different areas. We were in the cantina. The food options were exactly what was described in the post above and were all very good. My husband was most excited about the bread pudding. The cocktails were tasty but pretty weak.

Our sign said the commander requests our presence at 8:15 which was very confusing since the dessert party started at 8:30. The CM just told us to go whenever we wanted.

There was a tiny bit of stormtrooper interaction but they only went through one section.

The seating for the fireworks was good, though a little close (I was hoping for a wider shot with my camera) and everyone sat in our area. The show was fantastic.

I enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't do it again. I've been doing weight watchers for 2 years now and consuming that much dessert wasn't sitting well with me. Also, there didn't seem to be much to fill the time while there and a lot of people were on their phones o could see some additional activities/interactions would add value.

Thanks for the great info! Sounds pretty good. I’m looking forward to the changes in a few weeks!! Glad you had fun!

The cocktails were tasty but pretty weak.
I usually hear that they were too strong.
Our sign said the commander requests our presence at 8:15 which was very confusing since the dessert party started at 8:30.
Actually the party begins 15 minutes before the advertised time, but I didn't think they started the M&Gs at that time.
There was a tiny bit of stormtrooper interaction but they only went through one section.
They're not really part of the party. The exit from backstage to onstage through the party area and sometimes they stop and mingle and sometimes they just walk through.
Also, there didn't seem to be much to fill the time while there and a lot of people were on their phones o could see some additional activities/interactions would add value.
Guests are encouraged to take food and drinks and leave the party area to explore the rest of Launch Bay.

Are you working Star Wars tonight Fastpasser? I know you weren’t scheduled previously but just wanted to check since this is finally our party night. We are so excited to attend the revised party and finally see the show after the cancelled show last time we went. If you aren’t there tonight maybe we will catch you on the 4th at The Epcot party. Looking forward to trying the new options (and old favorites like the Nutella. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter