• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Half Marathon Thread...Jan 15-18th, 2015!!

I am really nervous about merchandise being available too.

We are coming from the East Coast, flying into San Diego (where my parents live) late on Friday night. My parents will drive us up to Anaheim on Saturday morning--I'm hoping the will be ok with doing it early enough that we can get to the expo right when it opens. They can be a little "difficult" sometimes--but they are doing me a huge favor driving us up (and saving me several hundred dollars in rental car and parking fees, not to mention hotel costs for friday night) so I can't be too pushy about what time we leave the house. :)

The only merchandise that I REALLY want is a pin. I actually pre-ordered one for myself, but now my son (who is also running) wants one too. If I'm not able to get him one, I know I'll be a "good mom" and give him mine...but I REALLY don't want to have to do that!

Ok, so what's the estimate of what time I should get there for Expo tomorrow?? :)

I just realized that American Airlines re-scheduled my flight, and I'll be arriving tonight at 7:30, in time for the Wookie Party.

runDisney site says it's not sold out, but active.com says it is.

Is there any other way to purchase last minute tickets?

Is anyone regretting their purchase of tickets and would like to recoup their investment for 2 tickets?

Thanks!

They are handing out wristbands for merch, letting in a row at a time. Pretty long line as of 10am

It'd solve a few problems but make registration even harder I bet...
I suspect you're right. I was just at the WDW Half and there was a lot of talk about being sold out of things like runDisney MBs on the first day of the expo. Frustrating. I got lucky as we made it to the expo on the first day this time.

I'm aiming for SW Half next year! Looking forward to all reports of the inaugural! :-)

Just a good luck wish - or May the Force Be With You to all of the runners this weekend! I'll be going there next year for sure!

I was really worried about merchandise after reading horror stories on Facebook but we left about an hour ago walked right in, got everything we wanted and there was plenty more! Maybe Disney is holding back a certain amount for every day?

Just wanted to report my thoughts. I thought the course was fun, spending an extra mile in the parks really made the run feel shorter. The parts outside the parks were not as bad as i thought they would be. Lots of support from the schools and community. My Garmin had the course at 13.3. Fun race , will be back in August for sure, if i can get in.....thats another challenge

We got to the expo on Friday morning and they were out of a lot of sizes for different shirts, from what I remember the Wookie moisture-wicking shirt (only XS and S) and the women's I Did It Rebel Challenge shirt (only S and M). My DW got one of the last Rebel Challenge headbands. We went back later that evening and other things were completely sold out.

There were tons of Dooney and Burke purses left but my DW waited in line for over an hour to purchase one at the Avengers race. I think pre-ordering helped. I wish I pre-ordered the Performance Jacket, didn't know how cool it was until I saw it at the expo.

The 10K and Half were great, loved both courses. The weather was cooler than I expected, next time I will bring more heat gear. Overall a great weekend and loved all of the Star Wars costumes we saw.

If I had to be sidelined with injury for any race, I'm glad it was this one. I had the best time watching everyone run.... such great costumes to watch for!

Thank you for everyone who stopped by my chair and gave me a hug, high five, words of support and encouragement. I cheered for so long and so loud for everyone that my vocal chords ache! I hope everyone had great races and I look forward to hearing more trip and race reports. I'm so proud of my husband for completing the rebel challenge and he's already talking about next year....that's coming from a person who hates running!

If I had to be sidelined with injury for any race, I'm glad it was this one. I had the best time watching everyone run.... such great costumes to watch for! Thank you for everyone who stopped by my chair and gave me a hug, high five, words of support and encouragement. I cheered for so long and so loud for everyone that my vocal chords ache! I hope everyone had great races and I look forward to hearing more trip and race reports. I'm so proud of my husband for completing the rebel challenge and he's already talking about next year....that's coming from a person who hates running!

I think I saw you! Were you in a wheelchair before the turn into the final mile with the palm trees? Holding a sign that said something about a broken foot?

I wanted to say hi, but by the time I realized it was maybe you, my sister was sprinting towards the finish.

Thanks for cheering and sorry I didn't get to say hi!

Congrats to all who ran during the inaugural weekend!!! :cheer2:

Is it too soon for someone to start a Star Wars Half 2016 thread?!?! I was SO disappointed when they announced the dates for the inaugural that I had already signed up for the WDW half! We had a blast - don't get me wrong - but we missed the first Star Wars Half!! After reading through this thread, and seeing all the runDisney tweets and FB posts, we are SO in for 2016!! :yay:

If I had to be sidelined with injury for any race, I'm glad it was this one. I had the best time watching everyone run.... such great costumes to watch for!

Thank you for everyone who stopped by my chair and gave me a hug, high five, words of support and encouragement. I cheered for so long and so loud for everyone that my vocal chords ache! I hope everyone had great races and I look forward to hearing more trip and race reports. I'm so proud of my husband for completing the rebel challenge and he's already talking about next year....that's coming from a person who hates running!
Were you the one with the "run like you didn't break your leg two weeks before the race sign? If so, I saw you twice along the course. Thank you so much for cheering all of us on.

It was an amazing race weekend. Finished the Rebel Challenge, which was all that I wanted. Hoping to write up a full race report in the next few days.

I saw you! I was on the opposite side of the road so I could't run over to high five you but thank you for being out there! Next year you'll be out there running it!

Loved the course! Got everything I wanted at the Expo Friday morning. Had an amazing weekend. After a horrible race at Avengers (due to the wind) it was so nice to be reminded why I love running Disney!

Does anyone know when AP early registration was announced, and/or if they're still offering that? I can't seem to find reference to early registrations for runDisney events on the AP website...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter