Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKFAST: where do you get it?

I'm staying at POR. Would love something carby and simple: oatmeal, bananas, bagels, etc. Where does one get this stuff. I can't find any reference to such food at the POR location.

Wine & Dine, instead of energizing me, totally sucked out all my energy and I'm semi-dreading tomorrow's 15 mile run. But in other questions:
How are the holidays affecting people's training plans? I've missed 1 run this week and last (shortest week day run last week and longer midweek run this week) and next week's not looking good for doing all three weekday runs either...
Oh man, I just feel tired.

I'm staying at POR. Would love something carby and simple: oatmeal, bananas, bagels, etc. Where does one get this stuff. I can't find any reference to such food at the POR location.
Last year at the hotel's quick service location they had boxes made up for the marathon weekend (called runner's boxes or something) that had a bagel, granola bar, banana and water in them. I bought one the night before and it was perfect the next morning.

Wine & Dine, instead of energizing me, totally sucked out all my energy and I'm semi-dreading tomorrow's 15 mile run. But in other questions:
How are the holidays affecting people's training plans? I've missed 1 run this week and last (shortest week day run last week and longer midweek run this week) and next week's not looking good for doing all three weekday runs either...
MightyDuck001-I definitely relate to the tiredness, the more I've been running the tireder I get. Last week (the week after my half), was especially tough to, so this week I really focused on getting to bed and making sure I was eating right which has made a big difference.

I can also relate. Early this week I was wrecked but kept to training. How I got of bed Tuesday more with cold rainy dreary weather I will never know. I realize looking back that I was a little under the weather for W&D, but had completely forgot the cold medicine I took that afternoon. (That could have been bad and I think did dehydrate me quite a bit.)

All is well now. As I kept my training schedule legs return much stronger by Thursday (yesterday).

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Wine and Dine is now history. Nothing remains in terms of aches and pains. Only completely overpriced race photos....

:cool2:

I have a corral placement question....

I ran Wine and Dine this past weekend and I took my time running the race (mainly picture stops and a broken toe) - it made my finish time about 30 minutes later than what I usually do. How badly will this affect my placement for the corrals for WDW marathon/Goofy? I am somewhat terrified that I will end up in the last corral for both races now - should I try and get in another race and show my time from that?

If you guestimated a time longer than a 5 hr marathon or a 2:45 half, you will be fine regardless. If you said quicker than these and used an exiting proof of time from another race, no change. If you were planning on using the W&D as your proof, submit it. While it will not give you the best time, it will give you a time that will keep you out of the back of the pack. You can always add a 10k or longer race to your training and move forward from here.

As above, the food court limited service opens at 2 AM. I would acitlly look to bring a bagel and nana to the room the day before just to have. Then head over to the food court for the toaster as needed.

Honestly, most folks get the runner's blues just after a race. This is late, but if you read before hitting the road tomorrow, give yourself permission to bail at 9-12. I understand it is not what is scheduled but your body and mind will thank you. Then simply get back on schedule and work your way into the race in January.

Yikes! Hope you're okay. I always dread something like this happening.

Yeah. I did a faceplant a couple of weeks ago on a trail too. Got the same knee & elbow each time - I think I need a frequent bandage program! :lmao: It's not too bad - they should be fine soon enough.

It happens. I was rushing (basically ran a near-half at race pace), and my form was going to heck. All it takes is one and when something like than can happen.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, Wine and Dine is now history. Nothing remains in terms of aches and pains. Only completely overpriced race photos....

:cool2:

I totally loved every minute of it, though, and wouldn't change a thing--I'm really hoping they do the runDisney ad photo at the marathon finish like they did for W&D. It was pretty reasonable compared to Brightroom and I loved it!

Honestly, most folks get the runner's blues just after a race. This is late, but if you read before hitting the road tomorrow, give yourself permission to bail at 9-12. I understand it is not what is scheduled but your body and mind will thank you. Then simply get back on schedule and work your way into the race in January.

Thank you! This is what I was thinking... I ran faster than I ever have before at W&D (18 minutes off my last 1/2 time, I'm convinced I run faster with the promise of desert) so I think that helped suck the life out of my legs... I'm giving myself permission to walk tomorrow, though, and take it easy.

Count me in for the tired camp! I am just mentally and physically exhausted. Did 7 this morning and my poor legs are just dead! We have 19 tomorrow so hopefully, I will feel better. Keep it up everyone....just a few more weeks! :cool1:

I missed both of my short runs this week because I was so tired! We were out of schhol (which is where I work) for 2 weeks because of Sandy. Going back to work wore me out! I felt tired and achey all week! Today is a long run (my schedule says 6, but I tweaked it due to Half Marathons) and I am running 15-17 miles with my friend Colleen :thumbsup2
It will feel good to get back in the groove. I have a group frundraiser run on Black Friday so I am hoping that will keep me on track for the Holiday week as well!

Yeah. I did a faceplant a couple of weeks ago on a trail too. Got the same knee & elbow each time - I think I need a frequent bandage program! :lmao: It's not too bad - they should be fine soon enough.

It happens. I was rushing (basically ran a near-half at race pace), and my form was going to heck. All it takes is one and when something like than can happen.

I've fallen a few times years ago. One wasn't too bad, I kinda tucked and rolled. But on one, I caught my toe on an uneven sidewalk and went down. It knocked the wind out of me, gave me some road rash and probably bruised or cracked a rib, but I never went to the Dr. to find out. Recently it's almost happened a few times. And I agree, it seems to happen when my form breaks and I'm not picking my feet up enough - my toes find all manner of things to hit.

For breakfast: I'm going to do a Garden Grocer order and have some stuff in our room to grab and go with. I'm also doing the race retreat for at least Saturday, so I have that.

Today I have a scheduled run of 10 miles. Currently outside it is sunny but hovering at freezing. Yum. Hoping it will warm up a bit over the next hour or two before I go out. The chickadees are chirping so I guess I should just let the sun warm my face and get going, huh? I am really dreading these last few long runs over the next month... coming up are my longest to date and I am intimidated.

I have fallen, but have actually done worse.... I ran into a parked pickup. I was just in the zone and then all of a sudden bang. I actually hit a pipe hanger that stuck out from the passenger side of the truck. The hangers were extended a bit and I just clipped one. Fortunately, I was not seen and went on my merry way.

I have fallen, but have actually done worse.... I ran into a parked pickup. I was just in the zone and then all of a sudden bang. I actually hit a pipe hanger that stuck out from the passenger side of the truck. The hangers were extended a bit and I just clipped one. Fortunately, I was not seen and went on my merry way.

Nice one! Those darn parking lots - hazardous! :rotfl:

Well, one of my fears in this training process has happened... I am sick. :sad2: Fever, headache and chest congestion and my ears feel like someone has stuck a knife in them. Luckily I do my long runs on Wednesdays, so that is finished for the week. I had planned on a 8 and 4 mile run this weekend. The 8 is completely out. We'll see what tomorrow brings as far as getting the 4 in. Next week is a drop back week in miles, so I'm glad about that. Good luck to everyone on this weekend's runs.:thumbsup2

Well, one of my fears in this training process has happened... I am sick. :sad2: Fever, headache and chest congestion and my ears feel like someone has stuck a knife in them. Luckily I do my long runs on Wednesdays, so that is finished for the week. I had planned on a 8 and 4 mile run this weekend. The 8 is completely out. We'll see what tomorrow brings as far as getting the 4 in. Next week is a drop back week in miles, so I'm glad about that. Good luck to everyone on this weekend's runs.:thumbsup2

feel better!

Hope you're feeling better soon. I've got a little head cold, but nothing too crazy. I think it's Orlando crud left over from last weekend.

Did 17 miles this morning - the first 14 were fine, but the last 3 my knee started acting up so I did run/walk intervals (walking didn't make the knee ache). I didn't want to do it but I powered through. I think new socks (too thin) were the culprit and made my feet slide around in my shoes. Could be because my mileage is creeping up and my legs are just tired!

Everyone keep up the good work! We are getting close! :cool1:

well crud. i ran on thursday and a mile into my 4 miler my knee started really hurting. the outside of my right knee and behind my knee (you know, the knee-pit). thought it was ok so i went out for 10m today. by 4m the pain was excruciating. i was going to just stop but i was 4m away from my house! so, i hobbled/jogged home and ended just under 7.5m. i'm beside myself upset. what is with this knee pain? i've been icing and taking ibuprofen. this has to get better. like...now. i will definitely not be able to finish if my knee/leg feels like this in january. i'm having a panic attack over this!

does anyone have any ideas about what the heck pain behind the knee could mean? or, any links to stretches or other remedies that might help? i'm going to stop running for a few days and see what happens.

:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter