Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

So, have been just trying to think about costumes and themeing of the races.

Am I reading correctly that the 10K will be themes around Remy? Any insight into the Half?

Yep, 10k is Remy. The Half is just food & wine festival themed as far as I know. People do chef Mickey or Minnie, just a chef or basically anything goes.

I tried to find the answer for my question, but couldn't find it. I'm hoping someone here will know.

Our flight lands at 8:45am on Thursday and we are renting a car for our time there. Can we drive over to the expo and park there, or do we have to take a bus from our resort? I'm thinking we should be able to get there at opening if we land on time and can drive right over. Since there are new races this year, I would love to get a shirt or two. When we went last year we got there maybe an hour after it opened and it was crazy! A few shirts I wanted were gone in my size already (I was still able to get a few others though).

I said I would never go early again, but the possibility of a Remy shirt for the 10K will suck me back in. haha

So, anyone know if we can drive to the expo and park there (before we even check into our resort)? Thanks. :)

I tried to find the answer for my question, but couldn't find it. I'm hoping someone here will know.

Our flight lands at 8:45am on Thursday and we are renting a car for our time there. Can we drive over to the expo and park there, or do we have to take a bus from our resort? I'm thinking we should be able to get there at opening if we land on time and can drive right over. Since there are new races this year, I would love to get a shirt or two. When we went last year we got there maybe an hour after it opened and it was crazy! A few shirts I wanted were gone in my size already (I was still able to get a few others though).

I said I would never go early again, but the possibility of a Remy shirt for the 10K will suck me back in. haha

So, anyone know if we can drive to the expo and park there (before we even check into our resort)? Thanks. :)
We always drive to the expo -- unless they make a major change, that should not be a problem!

The announcement of the 10K being added and the fact that it was going to be Remy-themed is a big part of what drew me to go back for Wine and Dine this year when I originally had no plans to. I am assuming the participant t-shirt will have him on it (I will be really disappointed if it doesn't) and it would be amazing if the medal featured him as well. :) I also chose to go for the challenge because I'm really excited about Lumiere as well.

I really want to be able to get a challenge or race t-shirt from the expo apart from the participant shirts, but with them being inaugural and me not getting to the expo until Friday it's not likely.

Does anyone know how to get from the Contemporary to the ESPN Wide World of Sports? How much time do I need to allot to and from? Does anyone have any pointers or experience with the Kids Runs? Also, what times does the Expo run? i'm surprised the expo doesn't start until Thursday (I was hoping it would be happening earlier in the week!).

Sorry for any repeat questions, new to this thread.The good news is that I'll be in town now for the Wine and Dine marathon weekend for a work event. The bad news is that it's too late for me to sign up for anything (and i can't go with any of the travel orgs because I'm already staying at the work hotels). However, I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to get my little ones into running and may sign them up for the dashes on Friday or Saturday.

That is exactly what I am worried about. I'm a little on the fence about going solo for the weekend, but I have been trying to talk him out of the idea of going. I'm going to be up crazy early both days on the weekend which really cuts into spending time with him anyway.
I got good rates for Sunday late night (@7pm) back to Newark Airport by Southwest. We were looking at American too as my husband has status, but Southwest was WAY cheaper.

Just remember that they have been opening up the expo early recently. I think they opened Princess a half hour early and I think an hour early for Star Wars? I can't remember, but I do remember that it was earlier than was listed.

Just remember that they have been opening up the expo early recently. I think they opened Princess a half hour early and I think an hour early for Star Wars? I can't remember, but I do remember that it was earlier than was listed.

Princess did open about half an hour early. I wasn't there for Star Wars, but I'd hard about marathon weekend and last years wine and dine so was sure to get there early for Princess!

My flight doesn't get in until 9:45 and then I'll be taking ME to the hotel before heading to the expo. I'm guessing it will be 12:30 or 1:00 before we can get to the expo. My first rD event and I'm just doing the 10k but want some of the I did it or 10k shirts. Being an inaugural event will I be too late??

Anyone booked flights yet? I got a great deal for me on American, but the flights I'm looking at for my husband are SO expensive. I guess him flying back on Sunday vs. me flying back on Monday makes a big difference...like, a $200 difference. :headache:

I got a great deal from Southwest, IMO. The cheapest I've paid for a flight in years! It worked out to $177, but that's after a credit. I had originally booked the flights at $207, but the flight to MCO went down a few days later.

I've never had a Sw credit before, do they expire? I don't have any vacation plans past November yet.

Edit: Forgot to add, this is from Newark to Orlando, Wed-Mon

I got a great deal from Southwest, IMO. The cheapest I've paid for a flight in years! It worked out to $177, but that's after a credit. I had originally booked the flights at $207, but the flight to MCO went down a few days later.

I've never had a Sw credit before, do they expire? I don't have any vacation plans past November yet.

Edit: Forgot to add, this is from Newark to Orlando, Wed-Mon
Wow, that's a great price! Are they direct? I JUST booked my husband's outgoing flight this morning - $142 one way. :confused3 The ones coming back are still $200+. We have points to cover the whole trip, but still...

The credit expires 1 years from when you ORIGINALLY booked. So if you booked your November 2 flight on April 4, 2016 and then you just re-booked it on May 5 to get your credit, that credit expires April 4, 2017 (from what I remember).

Wow, that's a great price! Are they direct? I JUST booked my husband's outgoing flight this morning - $142 one way. :confused3 The ones coming back are still $200+. We have points to cover the whole trip, but still...

The credit expires 1 years from when you ORIGINALLY booked. So if you booked your November 2 flight on April 4, 2016 and then you just re-booked it on May 5 to get your credit, that credit expires April 4, 2017 (from what I remember).

Yes, direct flights!

Sounds like I may lose my credit! BOO! The next trip planned after Nov. is an Alaska Cruise on May 17. I doubt I will/can use Southwest for that.

I'm new to all this and was more than a little late on this one, and obviously the registration is sold out now. Is there every a situation where a team needs a extra person or two at some point? And, if that can/does happen, is that something they'd post about on here or is there somewhere it may be listed?

I'm new to all this and was more than a little late on this one, and obviously the registration is sold out now. Is there every a situation where a team needs a extra person or two at some point? And, if that can/does happen, is that something they'd post about on here or is there somewhere it may be listed?
Not sure about that, but have you tried Acclaim Travel? I've done a few races through them and they were terrific. They are now being required to sell packages that INCLUDE park tix AND hotel: http://patstonetravel.com/tickets/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_61

Finally joining the thread; I got a slot in the 1/2 with Catch A Lift charity! This will be my 2nd 1/2 (1st was 5 years ago before grad school), & my first RunDisney race. Since I'm not a very experienced runner (& coming back to running after 5 years & now in my 40's) I'm soaking up all the helpful posts!

I know that this race used to be in the evening, but what kind of weather should I expect to prepare for? Thanks for all the helpful info guys!

I know that this race used to be in the evening, but what kind of weather should I expect to prepare for? Thanks for all the helpful info guys!
I think basically any type of weather can be expected. Hopefully being morning now no storms, but rain could happen. I'm planning on it being on the warmer side. When I went in November before it was warm but I think we had cool times too since I have pics of us at night with sweatshirts on.

Not sure what you mean by team? runDisney doesn't have a wait list and bibs cannot be transferred, if that's what you mean. But check out the charity providers and travel agents for bibs - that's the only way to legally get into these races right now.
Finally joining the thread; I got a slot in the 1/2 with Catch A Lift charity! This will be my 2nd 1/2 (1st was 5 years ago before grad school), & my first RunDisney race. Since I'm not a very experienced runner (& coming back to running after 5 years & now in my 40's) I'm soaking up all the helpful posts!

Hard to say, but prepare for everything. One thing that I read on these boards a lot that I think is a huge mistake is when people have less-than-ideal weather at home and they don't do their runs - "it was raining so I'll do my run tomorrow" and things like that. Its one thing if it's thundering/lightning, or dangerously hot...but if it rains or whatever on race day, it's not like you're gonna want to skip THAT run, you know? It would be helpful to know that you can handle those conditions because you did it before in training (just my opinion).

I'd definitely bring layers and a hat - all stuff that you have run in before and that you know works for you - so that you're prepared for anything. And sunglasses and sweat-proof sunscreen. :)

4 miles on the local Rail Trail today for DW. About 13-15 miles this week for her.

A 5 mile race that started at 0700 for me, to cap off a 24 mile week. Boy the weather seems all over the place recently with temperatures and humidity.

How's everybody doing with training? Just picked up a hand-held water bottle for me at our local running store. I need to make sure I hydrate, especially on longer runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter