Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

No gift card or party ticket for me yet...

During previous trips to WDW, I've been able to ship purchases home directly from the point of sale (hotel gift shop, Flower and Garden Festival booth). Does anyone know if you're able to purchase RunDisney shoes at the expo, then ship them home from either the expo or the hotel?

You got lucky. The one we had today was awful. The spiked Chai latte with double shot of vodka was a hit, though.

I was like person No. 4 through the door at Cava today, so that might've had something to do with it ...

About the gift card...If you have a gift card that you add onto, it can be added, using the numbers on the certificate.

Has there been a release of the merchandise for the event? Having trouble finding it.

Swolphin. Lolol. I've never seen that before.
:rotfl2: I can't take credit for that one!
Has there been a release of the merchandise for the event? Having trouble finding it.
No, nothing yet. For the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend in California they actually did not preview the merchandise until the first day of the expo! And they did so via some sort of 360-degree view on Facebook instead of a blog post like they used to do (I saw speculation that this was to try to deter eBay sellers/personal shoppers - who knows). So we may still have a few more days yet.

Suggestions please: my old crappy armband iPhone holder thingy has finally bit the dust. Not the best timing but I still have time to get one from Amazon and have it in time. Mine was old and not that great, I just couldn't justify getting a new one until it was no longer useful. And now it is not! Does anyone have one that they recommend for iPhone 6s?

I bought a Roo Pouch from the expo at Dark Side. It is the only thing I have found that I stuck with! And it fits your phone

Do you mind sharing which awesome capris you got with a link? :)

They are the lululemon outrun crop. I've only bought them in the store and I've seen other colors than what is offered online. In the summer, they also had shorts that were similar but they aren't currently making them anymore. :sad:
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-...0049?rcnt=8&N=7yr&cnt=23&color=LW6HFYS_026374

I've worn either the capris or shorts on my training runs with my phone in the pocket. I haven't had a problem so far :yay:

Also their "pace rival crop" that is what I have with the pockets! I am going to look at these too!

Will there be a map of the expo vendors released ahead of time or do you get one when you get there? My expo time will be a little limited so wanted to plan how/where to go. Also what is the virtual goody bag they list in the Run Disney website?

Will there be a map of the expo vendors released ahead of time or do you get one when you get there? My expo time will be a little limited so wanted to plan how/where to go. Also what is the virtual goody bag they list in the Run Disney website?
There's a map in the Event Guide under the Expo section: http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwwdhm#!/rundisney-health-and-fitness-expo

The goody bag normally has coupons/ads. I don't think I have ever found anything useful in those. :confused3

yeah, I wouldn't count on getting the customary W&D "free"(ish) beer or wine anymore, now that the half is a morning race. Didn't they used to mention the drink ticket in the race details? it's definitely not there this year, so I assume it's not happening.

yeah, I wouldn't count on getting the customary W&D "free"(ish) beer or wine anymore, now that the half is a morning race. Didn't they used to mention the drink ticket in the race details? it's definitely not there this year, so I assume it's not happening.
I don't think its too much to expect a sample of Dom as we roll on over the finish line, do you?? :rotfl2:

The goody bag normally has coupons/ads. I don't think I have ever found anything useful in those.

I've never found much useful either. I tend to not even look at them half the time now...

I didn't see it mentioned either in the race details and it was most definitely mentioned last year. I was kind of bummed about that, but probably only because it's less value for my money. I'm guessing that it's due to it being a morning race as well.

I don't think its too much to expect a sample of Dom as we roll on over the finish line, do you?? :rotfl2:

:rotfl::drinking1

People on the facebook group posting their post race party tickets that arrived in their mail today. Looks just the same as the ones I purchased, but does have a page of information with it. If nothing else, this confirms they are coming in the mail and not at the expo at packet pickup.

People on the facebook group posting their post race party tickets that arrived in their mail today. Looks just the same as the ones I purchased, but does have a page of information with it. If nothing else, this confirms they are coming in the mail and not at the expo at packet pickup.

That's good to know. I'm in Seattle so I don't expect mine for another couple of days.

Still on gc watch.

Here are the photos of the ticket and the flyer that they posted

Attachments

• partyticket.jpg
    partyticket.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 28
  • partyinfo.jpg
    partyinfo.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter