Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I would be done the run in about an hour. But staying at Saratoga Springs. As a gift to the other patrons I will have to skip the event and not go stinky

Will you have you own car? If so that could open up options for you. The other thing you could always try is the wet wipe bath in a lovely Disney bathroom. Clean clothes in your drop bag or with a spectator friend and you're (almost) good as new. :)

As a gift to the other patrons I will have to skip the event and not go stinky
Showering after a run is not always an option. In those rare special cases, I use Body wipes.:rolleyes:

For the runDisney 10k, I plan to shower before the race and use Body Wipes before going to the parks. I should not be any sweatier or stinkier than after watching any Disney outdoor show mid-day in August!:scared:

For the half, I am going back to the hotel to shower.

Living Colour is going to be performing for the Eat to Beat concerts during W&D weekend. Might have to check that out. Just going to miss Boyz II Men. Both of those hit me right in the high school years lol.

No matter what I miss Boyz II Men EVERY YEAR! I am going down this year in Oct and Nov and missing it yet again. One year I'm just going to wait and book my trip after the schedule comes out lol.

You know what we all need? Medal reveal! (Yeah I know I'm dreaming)

Perhaps I'll go stare at park hours and show times that will likely change again until my eyes cross. :)

I'm SOOOOO ready for Medal reveal! That would make my day.

Adding on any of the special events really doesn't make sense with our touring plan this trip (got a 5 year old kiddo in tow who would be BOOOOORED. I'm already planning on buying her a bubble gun/wand while we are doing food n wine booths as a distraction.) BUT if anyone does end up seeing Carla Hall from the Chew on 11/3 just know that I'm extremely jealous. I love her and would pay to just have her talk to me about nothing. The Victoria and Alberts thing on 11/3 also looks intriguing.

We are doing the Halloween Dine with Minnie Fantasmic dinner package that night so that's super fun anyways :)

I haven't looked at any crowd calendars but guessing they must be predicting decent crowd levels for the weekends. Looked into changing around my hotel reservations and there isn't much to be found on property. Guess that shouldn't be too surprising with race and Food and Wine but most resorts are sold out.

I haven't looked at any crowd calendars but guessing they must be predicting decent crowd levels for the weekends. Looked into changing around my hotel reservations and there isn't much to be found on property. Guess that shouldn't be too surprising with race and Food and Wine but most resorts are sold out.

I haven't looked into it, but have you checked only searching for the days that aren't the race weekend to see if you could work out a split stay. When I was helping someone during Tink weekend it looked like everything was sold out for her until we eliminated Saturday night and realized it was just Sat night that was slammed across that park. Just an idea (I know split stays can be annoying depending on how you like to vacation.)

I haven't looked into it, but have you checked only searching for the days that aren't the race weekend to see if you could work out a split stay. When I was helping someone during Tink weekend it looked like everything was sold out for her until we eliminated Saturday night and realized it was just Sat night that was slammed across that park. Just an idea (I know split stays can be annoying depending on how you like to vacation.)

Yeah I'm sure that's the problem - trying to change rooms on Friday and Saturday and most are probably booked for the race weekend. I already have a split stay - AK and BC. Was trying to just go all Beach Club but there is nothing available in the Epcot area. No big deal for me. I've never stayed at AK so I can check that one off the list.

Yeah I'm sure that's the problem - trying to change rooms on Friday and Saturday and most are probably booked for the race weekend. I already have a split stay - AK and BC. Was trying to just go all Beach Club but there is nothing available in the Epcot area. No big deal for me. I've never stayed at AK so I can check that one off the list.

There hasn't been much at Beach Club for months around then. I have been looking at it since online booking opened up last year.

Anyone know where we can find a map for the F&W festival this year? Or, more importantly, where the new kiosks will be since I assume the returning ones will be located in the same locations?
Thanks!

Anyone know where we can find a map for the F&W festival this year? Or, more importantly, where the new kiosks will be since I assume the returning ones will be located in the same locations?
Thanks!
In past years we haven't gotten the map until much closer to the start of the festival.

It's not Beach Club, but I see decent availability at Boardwalk in a standard view room on the TA portal. Let me know if you want more info!

It's not Beach Club, but I see decent availability at Boardwalk in a standard view room on the TA portal. Let me know if you want more info!

Interesting. My TA tried all the Epcot resorts and got nothing. Wonder what the difference is. All good though. I'll just tough it out at AK. :) Thanks for looking though!

Interesting. My TA tried all the Epcot resorts and got nothing. Wonder what the difference is. All good though. I'll just tough it out at AK. :) Thanks for looking though!

No prob - reservations are SO fluid ... I've noticed numerous rooms coming and going at popular places on popular days/times. Sometimes, people ask for quotes and the room is held for three days, and when they don't book it goes back into booking population.

I tend to look most days after midnight, so you'd be real surprised at what shows up then. :D

Post race party question~
We will most likely get a sitter for our older 3 kids for the party but I'd like the option of bringing my infant who will be 6 months old at the time. Is the only way to do that is pay $79?!o_O

Post race party question~
We will most likely get a sitter for our older 3 kids for the party but I'd like the option of bringing my infant who will be 6 months old at the time. Is the only way to do that is pay $79?!o_O

I would imagine that it's similar to other special event tickets like MNSSHP and MVMCP which don't require a ticket for those under 3.

Signed up for the half! First half ever and have not been at DisneyWorld in about 10 years. So excited!! If anyone has any massive tips or tricks let me know! So excited I was able to make it work with my schedule!

A couple of newbie questions-

Flying in Thursday. Planning on doing AK Friday, off Saturday, and Epcot Sunday post-race. Fly out Monday. Seem like an ok plan? Or should we do Epcot Saturday?

Last edited:
Signed up for the half! First half ever and have not been at DisneyWorld in about 10 years. So excited!! If anyone has any massive tips or tricks let me know! So excited I was able to make it work with my schedule!

Flying in Thursday. Planning on doing AK Friday, off Saturday, and Epcot Sunday post-race. Fly out Monday. Seem like an ok plan? Or should we do Epcot Saturday?

I'm not an expert at all but to me that seems like a good plan however, I have 1 friend whom can do a half and go to the park after but MUST chill the day before and I have one that's the opposite. See how you feel after one of your longer training runs.

This is very similar to our plan. In Thursday night and out Monday. 5Km 10K & ½. A different park each day (except HS.....who needs all the construction?) I would agree with @Eeyores#1Fan, see how you feel and don't go too crazy just because you haven't visited in a while. Epcot has a history of being extra crowded on Food & Wine Festival weekends.

So the Parisian Breakfast is at 9:00 am the morning of the 10k. What do you think the chances are of being able to do both. Could you be done the run in time and still make the breakfast (with maybe a shower in between). Staying onsite but have never done a Disney run before, so not sure of the logistics.

I went last year after the 10K. (We stopped for quite a bit of photos and my runkeeper says hour and a half.) I had plenty of time to walk to Epcot, stop at the bathrooms outside of Epcot, take a wipe bath and put on clean clothes and deodorant. We entered the park at opening. I think the other friends who met us may have been slower and just come straight from the race. They met us over at the rope where they were holding us to get in to France. Nobody seemed too disgusted by us and the waitress was attentive. We had fun, but I think I'd enjoy this event more if I wasn't running a half marathon the next day! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter