Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Signed up for the half! First half ever and have not been at DisneyWorld in about 10 years. So excited!! If anyone has any massive tips or tricks let me know! So excited I was able to make it work with my schedule!

A couple of newbie questions-

Flying in Thursday. Planning on doing AK Friday, off Saturday, and Epcot Sunday post-race. Fly out Monday. Seem like an ok plan? Or should we do Epcot Saturday?

Since you do not have races on Fri or Saturday I would suggest hitting the expo one of those days instead of on your arrival day. Unless you have official merch that you MUST HAVE that you are worried about selling out. I found on my last race that the expo had lighter crowds after the first day.
Other than that...have fun!!!!!

Since you do not have races on Fri or Saturday I would suggest hitting the expo one of those days instead of on your arrival day. Unless you have official merch that you MUST HAVE that you are worried about selling out. I found on my last race that the expo had lighter crowds after the first day.

Thank you! I'm planning on hitting expo Saturday to get my bib and check everything out . I'll probably buy some merch, but there's nothing I'm dying for in particular, so I'll think I'll skip the Thursday rush.

That made me reconsider some of my plans but I will probably end up at the Expo Thursday because that is what fits best in my schedule right now...
Regarding merchandise, what do you consider a MUST HAVE for Wine and Dine? Right now I was thinking: pictures of me at the event, medals and the shirt provided... Any not too expensive suggestions?

Regarding merchandise, what do you consider a MUST HAVE for Wine and Dine? Right now I was thinking: pictures of me at the event, medals and the shirt provided... Any not too expensive suggestions?

Some people like the wine glasses/pint glasses, but I usually pass on those.

Personally, I always buy a medal pin to go on my C2C medal ribbon as well as a hat or visor from the weekend since I collect those.

Regarding merchandise, what do you consider a MUST HAVE for Wine and Dine?

I have a small obsession with the Tervis flip top mugs and since they didn't sell them last year due to the great "we can't spell inaugural incident" I don't have one from Wine & Dine yet. So that's on my list! I also really loved last years stemless wine glass. I use it all the time! (Although I need another wine glass like I need a hole in my head!)

I am sorry if this has been asked. Just joining. Have they released the theme for this year? Starting to outfit plan! Thanks in advanced

I am sorry if this has been asked. Just joining. Have they released the theme for this year? Starting to outfit plan! Thanks in advanced
No they haven't I expect the 10k will still have remmy and the half will be chef Mickey the 5 and Challenge are wild cards at least imho but then again when medals come out I could be proven wrong
Pondering an Epcot 35 theme but we shall see

How many runners are going to do the Parisian Afternoon? (we're doing this instead of breakfast)

My only "have to have" thing from my last race was a jacket and purse I pre-ordered those. I had a list of "would be nice to have" things including the shoe ornament and various pins. The shoe ornament sold out on the first day and my husband ended up getting it for me as a surprise from evil-bay. There were wine glasses and pins left at Tink a half hour before the expo closed on Sat...but that was not WDW.
I think I'd like to get the shoe this race if it's still there, but ok if not.
I wouldn't change your plans if Thursday works best...go with what works best for your schedule! :)

On the topic of themes...Figment is front and center on the themeing for the actual F&W festival. It'd be pretty cool if "Chef Figment" popped up on any of the medals or merch for the race :)

Also, I'm getting impatient and want to see a hint of the medals really really badly!!!

On the topic of themes...Figment is front and center on the themeing for the actual F&W festival. It'd be pretty cool if "Chef Figment" popped up on any of the medals or merch for the race :)

Also, I'm getting impatient and want to see a hint of the medals really really badly!!!
I have a strong feeling Figment may be the 5k and I'm kicking myself cause the day I decided to bite the bullet to do that too was the day it sold out

Remy is supposed to be the character for Food & Wine this year but all the merchandise has Figment....I am not a happy girl
Have we had a full merch preview cause all I saw was the LE Dooney Magic Band with Figment which I assume that will also be the festival print and cause me to use the money I've been saving for expo on a bag instead lol

Have we had a full merch preview cause all I saw was the LE Dooney Magic Band with Figment which I assume that will also be the festival print and cause me to use the money I've been saving for expo on a bag instead lol

I went to the Tables in Wonderland preview on July 15th - there were two patterns for the Dooney Purses one of which was a very large Figment. They even had special figment ears. Only thing I saw with Remy was a mug.

I signed up to volunteer at the Wine and Dine this year. I'm in for the half marathon on Sunday but also signed up for Race Set up on October 10th. Has anyone volunteered for something similar before? What incentives are there what set up would be so far in advance?

I was watching a Disney Food Blog video for Food and Wine and now I'm thoroughly frightened of the weekend crowds at Epcot. Glad I extended my stay to include Monday.

I'm having a problem with theming for our Wine and Dine 10k race shirts. Is there a character associated with the run? I'm not seeing much besides Wine and Beer!

Thanks for any help.

I was watching a Disney Food Blog video for Food and Wine and now I'm thoroughly frightened of the weekend crowds at Epcot. Glad I extended my stay to include Monday.

Saturdays from about 3-4 p.m. til close are generally the worst as far as crazy, crazy crowds go. I noticed a LOT more groups of locals out doing the DATW thing on Saturdays last year, but once you get past the promenade and into World Showcase the flow gets a little bit better. The promenade area entering into World Showcase (between Canada and Mexico) is the worst because they just cram SO many booths in that area so it feels even more crowded and claustrophobic than it really is.

Monday at 11? It will feel like you're the only person at the park.

Saturdays from about 3-4 p.m. til close are generally the worst as far as crazy, crazy crowds go. I noticed a LOT more groups of locals out doing the DATW thing on Saturdays last year, but once you get past the promenade and into World Showcase the flow gets a little bit better. The promenade area entering into World Showcase (between Canada and Mexico) is the worst because they just cram SO many booths in that area so it feels even more crowded and claustrophobic than it really is.

Monday at 11? It will feel like you're the only person at the park.

Oh good information. Thanks! I have dinner at Tutto Italia on Saturday night but I can just head there and head back out. Hit the food booths on other days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter