Official Wine & Dine 2018

We go to bed the usual time we do for races (8pmish) and just enjoy the extra sleep.

We're the same, although I'm a bit neurotic about having to check the time if I do wake up so I keep the phone nearby! A lot of times I'll schedule a wake up call too just to be sure!

I go to bed at my usual pre-race time.

Actually, the proposal is the opposite: for FL to be on DST year-round. I'm hoping the Fed strikes it down, as it would mean FL being an hour ahead of the rest of the east coast for a chunk of the year.

I’m always confused when it comes to DST :confused3

I have a feeling Congress will approve it. It’s supposed to bring in more tourism dollars for the state. I wish as a country we would just get rid of it. The rest of the world doesn’t do it.

I didn’t realize it was DST that weekend! Not that it is any help this year, but FL just passed a measure to opt out of DST. Just waiting on approval from the feds.

Actually, the proposal is the opposite: for FL to be on DST year-round. I'm hoping the Fed strikes it down, as it would mean FL being an hour ahead of the rest of the east coast for a chunk of the year.

Excellent. One more thing to have nightmares about. :rotfl2:

Question for the veterans of the W&D run(s) and Daylight Savings Time ending...I'm assuming everyone sets their phone alarms to go off when they need to and get ready for race day (as runDisney is also setting their watches and phones by the same system that automatically turns back everyone's back). But do you find it messes with your sleep and race readiness. Or is it just go to bed an hour later and everything will be just fine?

We come from Germany for these races so the time difference and the DST messes with us so much that we decided to just stay for a month this year... 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Hopefully this will help...:rotfl2:

One thing about the time change... I thought I was being so very clever by changing my iPhone's time setting to Manual instead of Auto, changing the time myself before bed, and disconnecting from WiFi and cellular data... and the darned thing STILL managed to change the time on its own! Luckily, it only meant being up too early, and I went right back to sleep after re-setting my alarm. This time I'm bringing and old-school travel alarm clock as back-up.

OK, so do we need to worry now that at the time of the W&D runs FL will be on a different time schedule and we actually DO need to calculate different alarm times for our phones to get up on time for them? OR Do we just go to bed like usual and in years past with not a worry provided we've remembered to turn on our alarm and the phones will automatically reset for the time change in the middle of the night.

OK, so do we need to worry now that at the time of the W&D runs FL will be on a different time schedule and we actually DO need to calculate different alarm times for our phones to get up on time for them? OR Do we just go to bed like usual and in years past with not a worry provided we've remembered to turn on our alarm and the phones will automatically reset for the time change in the middle of the night.
The proposed change to keep FL on DST year-round is in the hands of Congress - we have no idea when, or if, they'll approve it. So for now, it's nothing to worry about. Different phones and carriers do different things, so you need to know how yours works: if yours doesn't make the time change until after you'd normally wake up, that could pose a problem - some don't get it done until 5am. I set my alarm for 2am, and my phone changes itself at 2am, which could be problematic, so I'm not relying on my phone's alarm.

One thing about the time change... I thought I was being so very clever by changing my iPhone's time setting to Manual instead of Auto, changing the time myself before bed, and disconnecting from WiFi and cellular data... and the darned thing STILL managed to change the time on its own! Luckily, it only meant being up too early, and I went right back to sleep after re-setting my alarm. This time I'm bringing and old-school travel alarm clock as back-up.

Time logic is usually done on the chip and isn't network dependent which is why that happened.

I don't think the FL proposal will happen this year even if it is approved. It will take months if not years to reprogram critical systems to be prepared for the new time rules. The 2007 extension was announced in 2005 and it still managed to cause some system problems that first year. Altering time rules is extremely costly and time consuming.

Yeah. Figured that out when I went to the App Store. I downloaded a free one anyway. No way am I paying for one.

It's a really cool app. Of course I will spend hours researching what I want to eat at Food & Wine and will just end of getting other stuff when I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter