Official Wine & Dine 2018

There’s only one way in and out of TSL right now. It would be a disaster trying to squish part of the course in there.

I haven't been there yet and won't be at DHS on my next trip so the next time I will be in DHS is when we run through it but I wonder if they could accommodate the course if they open a backstage entrance or exit? There may be only one way in and out for the public but just for the sake of evacuation I suspect there is a way to open it up for a run.

Like I said, I haven't been so I'm just making some assumptions here and I am not sure if they even want to push the run through there but I don't think the one way in and out has to be the reason.

I haven't been there yet and won't be at DHS on my next trip so the next time I will be in DHS is when we run through it but I wonder if they could accommodate the course if they open a backstage entrance or exit? There may be only one way in and out for the public but just for the sake of evacuation I suspect there is a way to open it up for a run.

Like I said, I haven't been so I'm just making some assumptions here and I am not sure if they even want to push the run through there but I don't think the one way in and out has to be the reason.
The only backstage entrance right now runs alongside Star Wars construction so I don't see that happening either.

I only have one day that I can really go to the parks that weekend so I’m debating just not worrying about fastpasses at all.

So FP day is in a week for me. Guess I need to figure out what I’m doing.
Same here. I may just make FP for a few things I really want like FoP and SDD and leave the rest open until closer to the races (this is so against my nature but seems like it could be fun). I want to try 4 parks/1 day so leaving things open would help.

So FP day is in a week for me. Guess I need to figure out what I’m doing.
I think I’m on my 5th version of my itinerary. Lol

Same here. I may just make FP for a few things I really want like FoP and SDD and leave the rest open until closer to the races (this is so against my nature but seems like it could be fun). I want to try 4 parks/1 day so leaving things open would help.

I’m thinking of doing the 4 parks in one too. My original plan for the Friday is EMH at HS, make FP+ for FoP at AK and dinner at the F&W booths at EPCOT. I’ll see if I can squeeze in MK too.

Question for the veterans of the W&D run(s) and Daylight Savings Time ending...I'm assuming everyone sets their phone alarms to go off when they need to and get ready for race day (as runDisney is also setting their watches and phones by the same system that automatically turns back everyone's back). But do you find it messes with your sleep and race readiness. Or is it just go to bed an hour later and everything will be just fine?

Last edited:
Question for the veterans of the W&D run(s) and Daylight Savings Time ending...I'm assuming everyone sets their phone alarms to go off when they need to and get ready for race day (as runDisney is also setting their watches and phones by the same system that automatically turns back everyone's back). But do you find it messes with your sleep and race readiness. Or is it just go to bed an hour later and everything will be just fine?

We go to bed the usual time we do for races (8pmish) and just enjoy the extra sleep.

I didn’t realize it was DST that weekend! Not that it is any help this year, but FL just passed a measure to opt out of DST. Just waiting on approval from the feds.

I go to bed at my usual pre-race time.

I didn’t realize it was DST that weekend! Not that it is any help this year, but FL just passed a measure to opt out of DST. Just waiting on approval from the feds.
Actually, the proposal is the opposite: for FL to be on DST year-round. I'm hoping the Fed strikes it down, as it would mean FL being an hour ahead of the rest of the east coast for a chunk of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter