Official Wine & Dine 2018

All the bands I want to see are during the work week. This makes Dis_Yoda sad...no Veritical Horizon, Sugar Ray, Everclear, 98 Degrees, or Hanson for me! I mean, I'm there for Boyz II Men but I was never into them.

I'm sad I'm missing out on 98 Degrees. :(

I’m so over rose gold everything. Not a fan of any of the medals, but maybe they will be better in person. It looks like Mickey is running past a set of apartment buildings on the Half medal.

This is what I thought about the half medal too! Mickey's weirdly wayyy off to the side and then ... a big empty field and sky with apartments! The text feels crammed in and there's so much empty space. Just odd choices in terms of proportions and layout.

I didn't like last year's W&D half medal at first, but it grew on me and upon seeing it in person, I loved it. So maybe I'll love this one when I see it.

Overall I'm sure I'll still enjoy getting them, and wearing them around! I finally started training so I guess it's getting closer to race time...

:wave:

Gulp. First half marathon. (Actually doing the two race challenge.) I figured Disney was the place that would best take my mind off of the miles! It’s getting close and a little TOO real. Super excited and very nervous… Mostly looking forward to drinking a cocktail while wearing the medals! :drinking1

(Figured I should jump into the fray. Been a lurker forever. Finally created an account to post with. You all seem pretty nice, so why not!?)

:wave:

Gulp. First half marathon. (Actually doing the two race challenge.) I figured Disney was the place that would best take my mind off of the miles! It’s getting close and a little TOO real. Super excited and very nervous… Mostly looking forward to drinking a cocktail while wearing the medals! :drinking1

(Figured I should jump into the fray. Been a lurker forever. Finally created an account to post with. You all seem pretty nice, so why not!?)

I'm with you. I have not done a half before and have been training for months. I'm doing great, but it seems like its getting close quickly and it's making me nervous. I'm sure it will be fine though, as you said Disney should make the miles go by quickly. I've been on a diet since January trying to lose weight while I hit my running goals. It's going to be fun to hit the party and have some drinks and try some booths at the F&W.

It will also be my first half! I've been busting my butt to stick to the training schedule. Some runs have been a struggle in the heat/humidity and I have been so slow. Some runs had me thinking..."There's no way I can finish a half?!"

BUT last weekend during my 6.5 mile run, the idea of actually completing all 13.1 miles seems achievable. Still super nervous but even more excited now!

It will also be my first half! I've been busting my butt to stick to the training schedule. Some runs have been a struggle in the heat/humidity and I have been so slow. Some runs had me thinking..."There's no way I can finish a half?!"

BUT last weekend during my 6.5 mile run, the idea of actually completing all 13.1 miles seems achievable. Still super nervous but even more excited now!
Not only did you complete 6.5, but think of it this way...you completed half of your half. You got this!!

So what you're saying is she would complete 2015 W&D with no problem? :tongue:
Umm...#1 no mention of a particular year, but the post was done today. So in assuming they are registered for 2018 W&D, #2 all I'm saying is congrats on keeping up with training and #3 encouragement and support that they can do the half.

Umm...#1 no mention of a particular year, but the post was done today. So in assuming they are registered for 2018 W&D, #2 all I'm saying is congrats on keeping up with training and #3 encouragement and support that they can do the half.

Pretty sure that was meant as a joke. The 2015 Wine & Dine had terrible weather right around the start time that caused damage on course. As a result, RunDisney shortened the length of the "half" to about half it's normal distance. That race is often referred to as the "half of a half" race. So if they've already completed half of a half, they're ready for a repeat of the 2015 race...

Pretty sure that was meant as a joke. The 2015 Wine & Dine had terrible weather right around the start time that caused damage on course. As a result, RunDisney shortened the length of the "half" to about half it's normal distance. That race is often referred to as the "half of a half" race. So if they've already completed half of a half, they're ready for a repeat of the 2015 race...

It was meant as a joke, yes. I forget that not everyone has been around for years.

It was meant as a joke, yes. I forget that not everyone has been around for years.

I chuckled ... I too ran the splash and dash :)

I get to be the crazy dude this year who is getting over a knee injury (just got the okay to run/walk) again who refuses to not ‘participate’ in the races.

I’m confident I can beat the 16 min/mile though! (At least by the last sweep point!)

So I was registered for the 10K as I booked a direct flight on Friday, but now the airline has cancelled the direct flight, so am now realising if I will have to do connecting flights anyways, I may as well go down on Thursday and do the 5K as well... Any chance whatsoever of getting a 5K bib this late out? I have a cancellable hotel booking (All-Star Movies), so a TA package wouldn't be a complete deal breaker, but would rather get bib on its own if at all possible.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

So I was registered for the 10K as I booked a direct flight on Friday, but now the airline has cancelled the direct flight, so am now realising if I will have to do connecting flights anyways, I may as well go down on Thursday and do the 5K as well... Any chance whatsoever of getting a 5K bib this late out? I have a cancellable hotel booking (All-Star Movies), so a TA package wouldn't be a complete deal breaker, but would rather get bib on its own if at all possible.

I would think getting just a bib would be near impossible if it’s sold out. Best hope would be a travel agent looking to dump bibs bc they couldn’t sell their packages. Not even sure if they can do that though. Guess you always contact TAs and see if any of them have bib only deals??

I would check with TAs - starting with Jim Stone at Acclaim. I know @sourire just lucked into two 10k bibs a couple of weeks ago with him! At least you can get on a waitlist.

I would check with TAs - starting with Jim Stone at Acclaim. I know @sourire just lucked into two 10k bibs a couple of weeks ago with him! At least you can get on a waitlist.
Yes! Check with Acclaim! I had initially signed up for their 10k waitlist, and a few days later, received an email that more bibs had opened up. A few of the other TAs had a couple of 10k bibs left as well...that was about 2 weeks ago. I had also asked in all of my inquiries whether they would sell us just the bibs without hotel/park tix, but that was a no go, so we made it work. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter