Official Wine & Dine 2018

I'm trying to start some packing for this trip now, and my heart just isn't in it. After a great run last Sunday, my hamstring injury, which I thought was resolved, started acting up again this week. I went out today to see how things felt and got through 1.6 miles but i probably only ran a mile of that and the pain was there. I've all but given up on running this race, and I know I should be excited to be going to WDW, and F&WF but I'm really feeling defeated. 3+ months of this stress, 2 months of physical therapy, hundreds of $$$ in co payments and it seems like its been for nothing. :sad2: I try telling myself if this is the worst thing to happen to me I should count my blessings but it's just painful right now,mentally and physically.

If you've made it to here, thanks for listening to my vent. I hope everyone has a great race, and is enjoying the anticipation of these last couple of weeks. :goodvibes

Don’t give up! These races are walkable and an easy pace walkable depending on corral placement. I landed badly in the Star Wars 10K in April and walked the entire half, finishing at least 45 minutes before the Balloon Ladies. I had to pass on photo ops but I got my medals and the great feeling of accomplishment!

I'm trying to start some packing for this trip now, and my heart just isn't in it. After a great run last Sunday, my hamstring injury, which I thought was resolved, started acting up again this week. I went out today to see how things felt and got through 1.6 miles but i probably only ran a mile of that and the pain was there. I've all but given up on running this race, and I know I should be excited to be going to WDW, and F&WF but I'm really feeling defeated. 3+ months of this stress, 2 months of physical therapy, hundreds of $$$ in co payments and it seems like its been for nothing. :sad2: I try telling myself if this is the worst thing to happen to me I should count my blessings but it's just painful right now,mentally and physically.

If you've made it to here, thanks for listening to my vent. I hope everyone has a great race, and is enjoying the anticipation of these last couple of weeks. :goodvibes
So sorry your injury is sabotaging your plans, but you can still walk this race and have a great time at WDW. Don’t give up. You just may learn a whole new way to have fun with this sport we all love!

Don’t give up! These races are walkable and an easy pace walkable depending on corral placement. I landed badly in the Star Wars 10K in April and walked the entire half, finishing at least 45 minutes before the Balloon Ladies. I had to pass on photo ops but I got my medals and the great feeling of accomplishment!

So sorry your injury is sabotaging your plans, but you can still walk this race and have a great time at WDW. Don’t give up. You just may learn a whole new way to have fun with this sport we all love!

Thank you both! I appreciate the encouragement. I have thought about walking it, I'm in corral C so I should be able to do that time wise, but I'm not so sure I want to. I don't think I would get the same feeling of accomplishment out of walking it, and on a lighter note, I would then miss our breakfast ADR. ;) I think a call to the doctor is in order for tomorrow and I can still hope for a miracle, but I have accepted that this likely will not happen. Sorry for the pity party but I know everyone here understands.:disrocks:

Sorry to hear about the injury. They can be really frustrating as you know. Maybe shutting it down for the next weeks and employing some kind or run /walk strategy would help you get thru it. But I also get the want to run it the way you wanted to. Either way I hope it’s something that gets better in the long run. :)

I got my party ticket in PA yesterday! Today I ran the Hershey Half after spending two days down in DC with one of my best friends for her birthday. The race was super cold and windy and I had some cramping or something in my right calf. Otherwise happy with the race. Wish I'd stopped to stretch the calf as I was trying to meet a goal time and was off by about five minutes due to the calf issues that kept me from running as much as normal during the last few miles. All in all I feel prepared for W&D...except for packing and I need to find a shirt yet for my half costume. (Have had trouble finding what I want so now it's time to suck it up and just get something!

Sorry to hear about the injury. They can be really frustrating as you know. Maybe shutting it down for the next weeks and employing some kind or run /walk strategy would help you get thru it. But I also get the want to run it the way you wanted to. Either way I hope it’s something that gets better in the long run. :)

Thanks, croach! I had been doing the walk/run thing since I got back into it with therapy and all, and I was planning on that for the race, It had been going well but I think that's the hardest part now. I was feeling positive about doing it for the past couple of weeks and now I feel I've gone backwards. I'm giving in and calling the doctor today.

So has anybody given any thought to the fact that Daylight Savings Time ends at 2AM November 4th? While it could potentially mean an extra hour of sleep, I am more concerned about screwing up my alarm. I know my phone changes automatically, but the timing kind of stinks. Was it the same way last year?

I am planning to take a dumb old clock with me and pre-change it before bed. I've noticed my electronics that auto-update aren't consistent with when they do it and if they need a reboot.

Got my party ticket last week so that is good to go.

My party ticket arrived Friday - Florida address.

So has anybody given any thought to the fact that Daylight Savings Time ends at 2AM November 4th? While it could potentially mean an extra hour of sleep, I am more concerned about screwing up my alarm. I know my phone changes automatically, but the timing kind of stinks. Was it the same way last year?
Oh yes, WAY too much thought! I tried changing my iPhone's time setting to Manual and changed the time myself before going to bed: fail. It still managed to change the time on its own and my alarm went off an hour early. This year I'm bringing an old-school travel alarm instead and I'll set my iPhone's alarm for 45 minutes later as a back-up.

What's worse is that the sun will rise an hour earlier on Sunday for the Half. :crazy2:
Yep, exactly. Though I'll also be starting an hour earlier than I do for training runs, so I guess it's a wash for me. It's been much better lately, with the sun coming up at 7:30 and starting my run around 7, so a 6ish start time with a 6:30 sunrise shouldn't be too bad.

Thank you both! I appreciate the encouragement. I have thought about walking it, I'm in corral C so I should be able to do that time wise, but I'm not so sure I want to. I don't think I would get the same feeling of accomplishment out of walking it, and on a lighter note, I would then miss our breakfast ADR. ;) I think a call to the doctor is in order for tomorrow and I can still hope for a miracle, but I have accepted that this likely will not happen. Sorry for the pity party but I know everyone here understands.:disrocks:
Ugh, the inevitable pre-race injury rearing its head! I feel you. I have a nagging ankle "thing" going on and it wouldn't be the start of race season without me needing to find a new go-to shoe ASAP, so yeah - I get it. My suggestion is to take it easy until then, see how you feel come race day, and if it feels decent, go ahead and start. Worst case, you decide not to push it and hop a ride on the Party Bus, right? Best case, it decides to cooperate that day and you finish comfortably. Wishing you the best!

Last edited:
No ticket yet (I'm in Canada) and the the postal service just started rotating strikes today so who knows if I will get it before I leave.

I am planning to take a dumb old clock with me and pre-change it before bed. I've noticed my electronics that auto-update aren't consistent with when they do it and if they need a reboot.

Got my party ticket last week so that is good to go.
For those staying on property (or even any hotel nearby) how about setting up a "Wake Up" call from their respective front desks?

For those staying on property (or even any hotel nearby) how about setting up a "Wake Up" call from their respective front desks?
We always do that in addition to setting the phones. Last year I believe it was Stich who woke us up. In the past, Mickey himself has given us a call. It makes even an early morning wake-up magical!

As long as you trust they will have the time adjusted correctly at 2:00am. I prefer taking any possible error out of other people's/technology's hands and taking care of that myself.

Yeah I’m planning to do that this time. Extra alarm won’t hurt.

And just in case you do oversleep a little, don’t freak out. If you’re staying onsite, busses are still running well after 4:00.

If anyone has an extra party ticket that they won't be using and want to give it away, or sell below retail, please PM me.

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)

DH and I got our party tickets here in MA today. I guess I can be excited about that. ;)

Ugh, the inevitable pre-race injury rearing its head! I feel you. I have a nagging ankle "thing" going on and it wouldn't be the start of race season without me needing to find a new go-to shoe ASAP, so yeah - I get it. My suggestion is to take it easy until then, see how you feel come race day, and if it feels decent, go ahead and start. Worst case, you decide not to push it and hop a ride on the Party Bus, right? Best case, it decides to cooperate that day and you finish comfortably. Wishing you the best!

Best of luck to you too!

Does anyone know if you do get picked up are you stuck at the end of the race pack? I really want to make it to breakfast, LOL! Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes have had my name on them for 180 days. ;)

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)
I am in again!

Informed delivery shows my party ticket is being delivered today in WA. One less thing to worry about.

My favorite part of the whole endeavor.

#Coral

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter