• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2018

I apologize if this is a common question, but how could I find out an estimate for half marathon corral placement? My husband and I have a 10k time from marathon weekend of around a 10 minute mile. I think a more accurate estimate for the half is a bit under 2 hours (based on our previous halfs). We’re trying to decide if running another race would make much difference in our placement. Thanks so much for any advice or help! (So pumped to do Wine and Dine! My husband said he wanted to do it out of nowhere and I can’t wait!!)

Thank you! I had seen this, I guess I was wondering more the submitted race times that would place someone into B vs C for example. But that’s probably a tough thing to determine, I guess. Thanks again!

Something like this?

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 8.25.29 AM.png

These are the 2017 Wine and Dine corrals cutoffs (that @jmasgat) linked above with converted McMillan race equivalencies. RunDisney uses a slightly different race equivalency calculator than does McMillan, but they're close. So if you are +/- 1 minute on these you might end up in that grey area. So it sounds like you're aiming for a B corral from 2017 standards (or near sub-2). Thus, a 10k of 53:50 or 10 miler of 1:29:58 would put you pretty close to having a sub-2 HM race equivalency. RunDisney also accepts 12k, 15k, and Marathon times per the website currently for HM POT (I just didn't calculate for those as well).

Two things to keep in mind:

1) The corral cutoffs can change based on the population of runners in the 2018 WD HM. So a 2:00 HM race equivalency could be good enough for B in 2017, but the cutoff could be anything (1:55 or 2:05?) in 2018. Always best to aim for your best time when submitting a POT for purposes of trying to be furtherest ahead (if that's your goal).

2) To reiterate above, these are estimates since McMillan and RunDisney's race equivalency calculators are slightly different.

So I’m in for the challenge. With half selling out figured I better go ahead and register(@Keels wins - I’m sure she’ll be humble about it).

So I don’t anyone has planned a meet up correct? Would like to try to do one? I would happy to “host” if anyone is interested. We could do pre post party like last year and people couid over together after. Or we could do something another day. Anyone interested? Thoughts?

Is it April already? ;)

No meet up as of yet. There was definitely some interest. I would try to attend as I most likely will be solo.

How about you hook us up with your friends so we can ride FoP 3 times in a row?

So I don’t anyone has planned a meet up correct? Would like to try to do one? I would happy to “host” if anyone is interested. We could do pre post party like last year and people couid over together after. Or we could do something another day. Anyone interested? Thoughts?

It's just going to be a short weekend for me but I'm down if there's something going on on Sunday (planning to drive back home around 4-5ish).

Sunday - we may be able to do something. We're planning on California Grill Brunch but we may been free between 1:30PM and 5:00PM as we wait for our room at the Boardwalk to be ready. We're skipping the afterparty as we aren't night owls. We're hoping for a Star Wars Dessert Party then bed!

You just registered for W&D last week, didn't use your card anywhere else within, say, the last 6 months, and there is fraud on the card between that registration and today?
That's right. It was a new card I got for US purchases (no foreign exchange fees) that I just got. I signed up with the early AP registration on March 16th and by March 21st there were 4 different charges from various companies in Texas and New Mexico. I was able to have those charges reversed. Perhaps others may have had some issues as well....

Has anyone else had a issue with credit card fraud after registering? I've never had this experience and I only used this card to sign up for the half through active.com. Now my card has taken a tour of Texas and New Mexico (I live in Canada). I sorted everything out with my bank, but this is a really frustrating. From what I can tell active.com seems to have a lot of problems with credit card security.

I haven't had any issue and have had a Visa saved on Active for quite a number of years. I have a Mastercard, however, that has been replaced half a dozen times due to fraud. I don't know if it is because it is my everyday card or if Mastercard is just terrible when it comes to fraud protection.

I’m heading home Monday so no DATW for me. Sounds like we have enough for a meet up on another day though. Plenty of time to figure it out but everyone can pipe in on what day they prefer. I like the pre-party meet up but that may not work for all.

I'm headed home Monday as well this year because it's my mom's birthday. Sunday works best for me.

So I’m in for the challenge. With half selling out figured I better go ahead and register(@Keels wins - I’m sure she’ll be humble about it).

I'm heading in Thursday and leaving sometime Monday. I'm pretty flexible on meet up times because I'm heading down solo. I know I'm relatively new to these parts of the Dis, but I'm still looking forward to meeting everyone!

That's right. It was a new card I got for US purchases (no foreign exchange fees) that I just got. I signed up with the early AP registration on March 16th and by March 21st there were 4 different charges from various companies in Texas and New Mexico. I was able to have those charges reversed. Perhaps others may have had some issues as well....

What kind of card is it? We haven't had any issues and overall only have dealt with unauthorized purchases a few times. Definitely had more issues with our Mastercards before USAA switched to Visa and it looked liked the issues from Princess were mostly Chase/Disney Chase cards.

We're planning on California Grill Brunch
Ohh, this was my dream plan for after the half! Until I saw the price..yikes. I just can't swing it for my whole family that will be there but it sounds like such a perfect treat for after the race!

I signed my daughter up for the 1 mile run on Friday. Will she be able to attend that party with me on Sunday? I don't see where admission to the party is included on the runDisney site so I'm guessing she can't, but wanted to check here.

I signed my daughter up for the 1 mile run on Friday. Will she be able to attend that party with me on Sunday? I don't see where admission to the party is included on the runDisney site so I'm guessing she can't, but wanted to check here.

She can go but you’d have to purchase a ticket for her. Anyone can attend if they buy a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter