Official Wine & Dine 2018

Does anyone know which are the participating resorts? I thought I read that all resorts don’t have the early morning race transportation.

:DMost important question. Was king louis a photo op last year in AK? I got one with him in the marathon and I assume my number was covered because I could never find it. It’s literally the only stop I made the whole race!

Hi All,
I'm excited to have signed up for my first Disney race, the Wine & Dine Two Course. I just have some general questions that I'm hoping this group could help with.

1) We are staying offsite, and given the early morning starts, will I be able to take an Uber into the MK parking for the starts? I'm thinking the early starts are not ideal for the wife + 3 kids, lol
2) Will the family be able to meet me at the finish line (or outside the barricade) for the 10K & Half without a ChearSquad pass? I was hoping I could take a Uber to the start in the morning and meet the family at the finish for the 10K & Half.

Thanks in Advance,
Frank

Hi All,
I'm excited to have signed up for my first Disney race, the Wine & Dine Two Course. I just have some general questions that I'm hoping this group could help with.

1) We are staying offsite, and given the early morning starts, will I be able to take an Uber into the MK parking for the starts? I'm thinking the early starts are not ideal for the wife + 3 kids, lol
2) Will the family be able to meet me at the finish line (or outside the barricade) for the 10K & Half without a ChearSquad pass? I was hoping I could take a Uber to the start in the morning and meet the family at the finish for the 10K & Half.

Thanks in Advance,
Frank

1) Yes, you should be able to. The event guide will let you know if you have to Uber to EPCOT and get dropped off there but drop off should be available at the MK parking lot as well.
2) They will. ChearSquad has special bleacher sections.

Hi All,

Thanks in Advance,
Frank

1) I would not rely on Uber because I'm not sure how available they will be. If I were staying off site I would 100% rent a car. It wouldn't even be an option.
2) I don't think they will be able to physically see you finish without the ChearSquad pass but they can be in the general area. They may be able to stand further up the course and watch you finish but I'd have to see the layout which won't help answer your question.

Chear squad just has a special section in the bleachers at the finish of the half. There's plenty of places to still see the finish and meet up with you after. No chear squad for the 10k so no worries there.

1) I would not rely on Uber because I'm not sure how available they will be. If I were staying off site I would 100% rent a car. It wouldn't even be an option.
2) I don't think they will be able to physically see you finish without the ChearSquad pass but they can be in the general area. They may be able to stand further up the course and watch you finish but I'd have to see the layout which won't help answer your question.

I agree Uber is not ideal. We will have a car in Orlando, but I need to leave it with my wife & Kids at the condo or they don't get to see me finish. It seems like it's either Uber or a Taxi??

I agree Uber is not ideal. We will have a car in Orlando, but I need to leave it with my wife & Kids at the condo or they don't get to see me finish. It seems like it's either Uber or a Taxi??

I would think between Uber, Lyft, and a traditional taxi you can make it over fine. I would pay attention to what roads are closed so you can help navigate and try to get there earlier rather than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter