Oga's Cantina? Any strategies, or should I just give up?

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
We're going in July, and this trip got planned under the 60 day mark (replacement for a UK trip it became obvious we couldn't take). I got most of what we really needed, but Oga's has been a no go.

I've tried several times, being flexible about timing, etc. We'll actually be in the parks over the weekend (17th and 18th), and have Saturday as our DHS day, with Sunday starting at AK, but we have hopping. Anything beyond just checking back frequently, and keeping an eye on the dropped reservation thread?

There are three of us, all adults, and we'd be willing to split the party, but even trying for twos hasn't helped.

I basically gave up for our July trip. I'll keep checking here and there but not expecting anything. Honestly, the experience isn't amazing anyway, I just would have been neat to go.

I have had good luck with reservation finders in the past. You have to go book it the second you get the alert, otherwise someone else will, but if you can have access to your phone throughout the day it’s definitely worth a shot!

We were able to get ours no problem at the 60 day mark. A friend had to book after us and had some trouble but was able to use a reservation finder to secure a spot! Sending pixie dust your way that something opens up!

Use the Reservation Finder. It has worked for us many times and found one for Oga’s in July about a week ago.

Thanks, I'll try the reservation finder. I've been, but I wouldn't mind going again; my husband and son haven't, and would probably enjoy it a lot.

I've always had my best luck with any hard to get stuff the day before and when I wake up day of. I know if I'm going to make a last minute drop, I usually do some time after park closing the night before and I've seen all kinds of good things come available at that time.

Yesterday afternoon I started looking for a reservation for 4 people for our Aug trip. I was at the 60 day mark and in the morning I saw one for 9am and didn't take it and moved on to the other dining reservations I was looking for then saw no availability and had had enough w/ scheduling at that point.. Anyway, I decided to revisit it yesterday afternoon. I'll be in DHS for 2 days on our trip and for each date I just started clicking on each time, Breakfast, lunch, dinner, 9am, 10am, 11am etc... kept getting the "no time is available from 9am-11:55am etc.. Then out of the blue a 2:05 showed up as available when I got all the way to 2pm on the second day! Just keep trying, you never know when you will get lucky

So we have a group of 5 going on July 29. I'm subscribed to a few different notification apps, and I've set some notifications to a smaller group size just to help my chances. I've gotten one notification so far but it was booked before I got it. Still waiting.

I'm hoping that they increase capacity just like they did with Savi's last week and then some openings will come up. But that's just wishful thinking.

Edit: I cannot believe it but 10 minutes after I posted this, I got an 8:50pm ressie for 5. I got it just by checking the app like crazy. NONE OF MY DINING ALERTS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR WENT OFF!

Last edited:
So we have a group of 5 going on July 29. I'm subscribed to a few different notification apps, and I've set some notifications to a smaller group size just to help my chances. I've gotten one notification so far but it was booked before I got it. Still waiting.

I'm hoping that they increase capacity just like they did with Savi's last week and then some openings will come up. But that's just wishful thinking.

Edit: I cannot believe it but 10 minutes after I posted this, I got an 8:50pm ressie for 5. I got it just by checking the app like crazy. NONE OF MY DINING ALERTS THAT I SIGNED UP FOR WENT OFF!

Congrats and enjoy! I managed to find one at 9:15AM. I'll keep it if that's all I can get, but I'd prefer not to drink my breakfast.

Something I think not everyone realizes is that the reservation finders are only checking at set intervals - something like every 10 or 15 minutes. I've had luck using them, but I've had better luck checking for myself.

Congrats and enjoy! I managed to find one at 9:15AM. I'll keep it if that's all I can get, but I'd prefer not to drink my breakfast.

Something I think not everyone realizes is that the reservation finders are only checking at set intervals - something like every 10 or 15 minutes. I've had luck using them, but I've had better luck checking for myself.

Thank you!

I would be interested to see how these finders worked. My husband programs and he offered to write me essentially what we think these reservation finders do, but I told him not to, just for ethical reasons and I don't want to get banned from Disney lol. But the way we thought of it, it could be checking in like seconds intervals, it's just the processing different times and then sending out texts/emails is probably the most time consuming part.

Thank you!

I would be interested to see how these finders worked. My husband programs and he offered to write me essentially what we think these reservation finders do, but I told him not to, just for ethical reasons and I don't want to get banned from Disney lol. But the way we thought of it, it could be checking in like seconds intervals, it's just the processing different times and then sending out texts/emails is probably the most time consuming part.

It's been a few years, but it was discussed sometime ago here exactly how they work. If I remember correctly, Disney cracked down on some ways it was being done. I don't know much about computers, so I don't remember all the specifics about it, but it is interesting.

For our trip a couple weeks ago I was able to get a party of 2 for 9:15 and another party of 2 for 10:45. Right around rope drop when my husband and daughter were on smugglers run I went by and asked them if they could combine the reservation to a party of 4 and they did. So all 4 of us got to go at 10:30 together. It was really cool inside, but not something I will do again. We spent over $100 for 4 mediocre to bad drinks and an absolutely disgusting alien charcuterie board. The server saw our face at the end and made the comment it looked like a "one and done" for us. I got the impression that is a common sentiment. So, while super cool, not something I will stress about getting again. FWIW the best drink we tried was the carbon freeze.

For our trip a couple weeks ago I was able to get a party of 2 for 9:15 and another party of 2 for 10:45. Right around rope drop when my husband and daughter were on smugglers run I went by and asked them if they could combine the reservation to a party of 4 and they did. So all 4 of us got to go at 10:30 together. It was really cool inside, but not something I will do again. We spent over $100 for 4 mediocre to bad drinks and an absolutely disgusting alien charcuterie board. The server saw our face at the end and made the comment it looked like a "one and done" for us. I got the impression that is a common sentiment. So, while super cool, not something I will stress about getting again. FWIW the best drink we tried was the carbon freeze.

Thank you, you make me feel better about not being able to find a reservation :laughing:

OP, my 60 days just opened up yesterday and of course there was no availability. My dd and I just plan on checking randomly up until our trip. It's worked for me in the past for other hard to get reservations so I'm hoping it will work here too.

We're going in July, and this trip got planned under the 60 day mark (replacement for a UK trip it became obvious we couldn't take). I got most of what we really needed, but Oga's has been a no go.

I've tried several times, being flexible about timing, etc. We'll actually be in the parks over the weekend (17th and 18th), and have Saturday as our DHS day, with Sunday starting at AK, but we have hopping. Anything beyond just checking back frequently, and keeping an eye on the dropped reservation thread?

There are three of us, all adults, and we'd be willing to split the party, but even trying for twos hasn't helped.
We obsessed about it. Got it. Were not impressed after a five minute look-see. Personal opinion. CROWDED!! (We went pre-Covid.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter