oh my gosh.. tried book 4 times.. getting we are working on it...

Somebody is getting through to book - all 5 of the different room types I tried to book this morning are gone. :furious:

I'm on the west coast and woke up at 4:55 to book, so now I:
1 - do not have a room for my last night (I ran out of points on my other contract because of the 50% borrowing rule)
2 - am extra tired.

Edit: Maybe the rooms are stuck with others in the "being held for you" phase, and not actually booked.

Somebody is getting through to book - all 5 of the different room types I tried to book this morning are gone. :furious:

1 - do not have a room for my last night (I ran out of points on my other contract because of the 50% borrowing rule)
2 - am extra tired.
What is likely happening is that people are getting to the stage where the room is held but once that times out or the back out then the room is released. If the system is down then the rooms should ultimately end up back in inventory.

What is likely happening is that people are getting to the stage where the room is held but once that times out or the back out then the room is released. If the system is down then the rooms should ultimately end up back in inventory.

Jinx - I edited my post with this exact same thing in between the time you quoted me and your post showed up!

It wasn't me, I can't even see availability.

It keeps telling me my dates are invalid, because it's not selecting dates properly. It only allows the 12/10/22 to be selected and then not the end date. It's searching for 12/10/22-1/18/22. Well, no, that won't work. :rotfl:

Getting a 'down for maintenance' message now
'We’re Working On It

Sorry, but the Member online booking tool is currently unavailable. We are working on this issue and apologize for any inconvenience.
Please try again later.
'

I called and the entire system is down... they can't even make changes/modifications/do anything useful and was told to try calling back later. My sister and I were supposed to fly out for our trip this evening but her husband tested positive for covid this morning. Gah! Of course the system would do this to me today lol.

I'm pretty sure the issue is due to a room category getting overbooked due to walkers and new bookings fighting. It was detected and automatically stopped new bookings until a human can intervein and rectify the overbooking.

2 - am extra tired.

Edit: Maybe the rooms are stuck with others in the "being held for you" phase, and not actually booked.
OR it might be filling Waitlists????? Hopefully the system isn't able to do anything & those rooms will still be available once it's up & running again. What an embarrassment of what you would call an IT dept, Disney. But they know they have DVC so why spend any money to upgrade our system?

I'm pretty sure the issue is due to a room category getting overbooked due to walkers and new bookings fighting. It was detected and automatically stopped new bookings until a human can intervein and rectify the overbooking.
They aren't competing though. Walkers already have a room, they're not competing at all. That would be like saying someone who booked a room 3 days ago (not walking) is competing for a room with someone making a new reservation today (because that's exactly what it is).

I was able to modify a reservation earlier so I'm glad I got that before things went down.

They aren't competing though. Walkers already have a room, they're not competing at all. That would be like saying someone who booked a room 3 days ago (not walking) is competing for a room with someone making a new reservation today (because that's exactly what it is).

I was able to modify a reservation earlier so I'm glad I got that before things went down.
You can modify one day at a time and not hold a reservation for 5 days for example. The 5 day holders are way ahead of the current date, sure, but the fighting for the room for the day of booking is what caused the issue today from what I can gather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter