Oh! My Peanut butter! (a 2013 PHM report)

Great job! Seriously!

I would've probably been crying if there were fire ants all over me. Not fun!

Keep up the good work this summer :)

I've been a bad reader/commenter, but I was so excited to see you finally at the race in your TR!

I hated having more time on our trip that was before the race, but due to work...it just had to be that way.

omg, fire ants! What an awful start!! and paired with your camera not working, I would have been bummed!

You would think I would have been... especially since I was all alone. However, there is just such a high that it is hard to be in bad spirits.

My aunt was VERY nervous on our first one about the port-a-potties. My cousin "helped" to coax her fears by telling her that you're not a real runner until you've gone a little in your pants... :P

:rotfl: As gross as it is... ::yes:: it definitely is true

In 2012, the announcer called me out as Batgirl across the finish. I had my headphones in and had NO IDEA they even did that until I saw the videos. I'm still kicking myself for not paying attention to that. Maybe next time they'll call you out :)

I have head phones in...but I make sure they are low enough that I can still hear things around me. I think there was just too many people crossing all at once that it was too hard to call each and every finisher out.

Congratulations on the excellent finish. It's always nice to prove someone wrong!!

thank you. Ya know... it wasn't my intention to. I actually planned to make more stops. However it is nice to look back now and think "yep, I had this all along" ;)

Who in their right mind would shower first? :lmao:

I came across several... but I think it was just a "gotta wake up" shower more than a "gotta smell good" shower.

I'd be so worried about even falling asleep with getting up that early.

In retrospect, I wonder how it was that I managed to go on such little sleep. I did it though... AND survived.

Why did you feel out of place? Not costumey enough? I like your outfit!

I just felt like the only "old woman"

OMG I'd have been in the bushes. If there were any. UGH! Both sound painful and hideous.

There are warnings not to do that since the bushes there often have things that can bite... and getting bit in and exposed area like that would not be too fun. Granted... and here is just another way that guys have a very unfair advantage over us.... I forgot to mention that just as I was feeling panicked in the corral thinking "oMG! Where are the porta potties" I noticed a line of men outside the corrals facing the woods. ::yes:: you know what they were doing.

Sounds like a frustrating start and a huge bummer on the camera. How long are the lines? I always wonder about that, how much the photo lines impact your time, I would imagine it could be a lot!

When I did the ToT 2012... the lines were not bad. It was really only a matter of waiting a couple minutes. I want to say that I read that during the phm some of the lines were 100+ people long and took 20 minutes to get through. :faint: This explains why some people finished so much later. If you stopped for even 3 lines that had a 20 minute wait...there is an hour. Course, I don't think that was the usual. many lines were tempting to stop and only had a handful of people. And people are good about hustling. They run up to the character... pose... click... go. So if there 10 or less people you probably would have an easier time not adding much to your time. I budgeted an extra 2 minutes per mile for stops to achieve a pace I would be happy with.
Someone got hit? That's awful! I can see where the congestion would be frustrating though especially if you were moving at a decent clip.

that is what I read... but I have not researched it enough to verify that it was a true "rumor"

OH my, the whole thing sounds painful on so many levels!!!! Bummer about the photo but I think you had your priorities in order! Yes, I think we all get the realities of the post pregnancy bladder. ;)

It was my ONE regretted photo op. I just couldn't stop though... I would have had a river running down my leg. :(

Hill at the end...UGH!

Yes, THREE!!!! :faint: From about mile 12 on... there were 3 on ramps...

That had to be SOOO frustrating when your timer is telling you you are done and no finish line! Aww...I'm sad you didn't get a pic at the end and..that Steve was a bit of a putz. Yes, after running 13. whatever miles he should come find you! I am glad you proved the jerk at rundisney wrong :goodvibes Great time!!!

It was... all the way around. Course... maybe that frustration/aggravation is what fueled me, making it easier for me to finish strong.

And... yeah... Steve can be a little lacking in support at times. To be fair he was completely turned around because of where I was telling him he should be vs. where he says he was dropped off. I still am not sure if he is right... I mean.... the runners came running up to Epcot through the parking lot near where the buses drop off guests. I can't imagine that they were driving in that way with buses to drop off spectators.... but... then again, I was pretty out of it by the time I reached Epcot.... I bet a jet could have flown low over head and I wouldn't have noticed.

Great job! Seriously!

I would've probably been crying if there were fire ants all over me. Not fun!

Keep up the good work this summer :)

Just checking in! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

I did! I hope you did too. :goodvibes

I just felt like the only "old woman"

:( bet you ran faster than many of them! And you aren't old!

There are warnings not to do that since the bushes there often have things that can bite... and getting bit in and exposed area like that would not be too fun. Granted... and here is just another way that guys have a very unfair advantage over us.... I forgot to mention that just as I was feeling panicked in the corral thinking "oMG! Where are the porta potties" I noticed a line of men outside the corrals facing the woods. ::yes:: you know what they were doing.

guys definitely have the edge here

When I did the ToT 2012... the lines were not bad. It was really only a matter of waiting a couple minutes. I want to say that I read that during the phm some of the lines were 100+ people long and took 20 minutes to get through. :faint: This explains why some people finished so much later. If you stopped for even 3 lines that had a 20 minute wait...there is an hour. Course, I don't think that was the usual. many lines were tempting to stop and only had a handful of people. And people are good about hustling. They run up to the character... pose... click... go. So if there 10 or less people you probably would have an easier time not adding much to your time. I budgeted an extra 2 minutes per mile for stops to achieve a pace I would be happy with.

Still though, that would be frustrating to look at the line and then just say, forget it, too long.

It was my ONE regretted photo op. I just couldn't stop though... I would have had a river running down my leg. :(

Gotta do what you gotta do

Yes, THREE!!!! :faint: From about mile 12 on... there were 3 on ramps...

that's a rather brutal layout. Wonder why they didn't do it differently so that wasn't at the end of the race...

Hi Ann, just following up slightly. I had my first half marathon today. Boston's Run to Remember. It was quite an emotional race. They did a memorial for the officer that was killed the day loser #1 and #2 were caught. Two officers ran with an American Flag the whole race. Naturally I had to go to the bathroom at mile 2, and the line was looooong. In hindsight I should have trucked it to the next stop at mile 4. This bathroom break cost me almost a whole mile! I fortunately paused my tracker while waiting so I have a fairly accurate finish time of 2:44, despite the clock saying I finished at 2:58. I do not count the bathroom break against my time lol.

:( bet you ran faster than many of them! And you aren't old!

I suppose you are right...both in being faster than many and not being old.... but it certainly felt like I was old on that bus. maybe it was just the fact it was too early in the morning for me to feel "young and lively"

guys definitely have the edge here

::yes:: they sure do!

Still though, that would be frustrating to look at the line and then just say, forget it, too long.

Definitely if the characters were at the top of your reasons for doing the race! I was just happy to see as I went buy... but I know some people really like to have those pictures and I can imagine frustration must have been high when people had to wait to get pictures.

that's a rather brutal layout. Wonder why they didn't do it differently so that wasn't at the end of the race...

I am not sure. I think it is the same course for the Donald too... seems like having the finish just outside of Epcot isn't as thrilling as a finish through MK would be... but then again, maybe the goal is to have as many people experience running through MK and the castle. :rolleyes:

Hi Ann, just following up slightly. I had my first half marathon today. Boston's Run to Remember. It was quite an emotional race. They did a memorial for the officer that was killed the day loser #1 and #2 were caught. Two officers ran with an American Flag the whole race. Naturally I had to go to the bathroom at mile 2, and the line was looooong. In hindsight I should have trucked it to the next stop at mile 4. This bathroom break cost me almost a whole mile! I fortunately paused my tracker while waiting so I have a fairly accurate finish time of 2:44, despite the clock saying I finished at 2:58. I do not count the bathroom break against my time lol.

Congrats on what sounds like a very rewarding race! Bathroom breaks are definitely tricky!!!

I am so sorry I have been away. Life tends to get in the way, and my work schedule has made a serious mess of my life lately. I am seriously thinking I need to scale back... way back. My ddh said if it was causing me too much grief that I should just quit because we don't "need" me to work. All I could think was "just how would I get to disney then???" :confused3 :rotfl2:

So we left off with my finishing the phm and Steve finding me.

Once found, we made out way to the rundisney buses to make our way back to CSR. Steve had heard that it was only the 3rd bus to head back to CSR from the race....boosting my ego even more. ;) On the bus, I figured I should take a peak inside my goodie box. Lots of yummies.

Once I was back to the room, I made a bee line for the shower. I think I had to peel off my clothing! YUK! :crazy2:

Once showered, it was time to open a present. This was a gift that arrived on my porch from a very special group of gals here on dis. They were not able to be with me at the phm, but knew just how much I needed them.

Now, I am not much of a cryer. I often feel like I need to/want to cry... but more than not I don't. I did figure that the emotions after the phm would be such that I might cry when I finished, but I didn't. In fact with all the chaos, I was instantly back to the "take charge and direct" mama in order to get Steve and Zoe to me. However, opening that box (that had been marked not to open until the race) really got me. Nose red and some trembling... I was seriously touched by what the girls had given me.

I still am in a bit of awe that they went out of their way for me like this. It is a very special gift and one that I wear several times a week. I LOVE IT!

I guess I never realized until now that you can't see it very well in that picture. It is a chain that has a pink cinderella style shoe on it. On the forefoot of the shoe is a bit of bling. Then there are some engraved charms... three. "Disney" "13.1" and "2013".

I am not sure the ladies know that each time I put it on it makes me feel emotional all over again...and all for good reasons.

Oh wait, here is a better picture...

All clean and ready to go, it was now time for breakfast. We took a cab to BW and made our way here

We had a bit of a wait so we took some pictures.

The weather seemed to be a tad threatening.

I really would like to stay here some day...

As it started to rain, Zoe and I sat under cover.

Luckily, we didn't get to wet before it was time to go in.

Kouzzina is a wonderful post race breakfast for me. For this reason, I am unofficially making it my post race tradition. :goodvibes

This was the first time Steve ate here and he was impressed. He had the stacked Kouzzina breakfast. (poached eggs, kalamata olive toast, artichoke spread, sweet potato hash and bacon)

Did you want to see my princess medal again... ::yes:: ok...

My breakfast was the same as I had after the ToT 10 miler. Spinach, Tomato and Feta Scrambled Eggs. YUM!!! The spinach and feta and eggs are PERFECT!

Zoe just had a kids all american. It was just your run of the mill eggs, bacon and toast.

After our meal was done and we were STUFFED, Zoe wanted to take a picture of Steve and I.

It was then time to venture to DHS. I really didn't want to walk to the bus stop and the boardwalk itself seemed so inviting. So we headed off in the direction of DHS.

We made it all the way to the Swan/Dolphin when the rain started up a bit. We decided to use the restroom in the hotel (not sure which was which)
before continuing on. I had never been inside either of those hotels. Much more "hotel" like, but certainly nice!!

We had overshot the path we needed to turn on by heading all the way to the Swan/Dolphin..so back we went over the little bridge and on to the correct path we went.

Despite having got up at 3am and having ran 13.1 miles as well as that supre long walk to the corrals, I had energy and really enjoyed the walk to DHS. I had never been on that path. How cool it is. I kept finding myself thinking how fun it would be to run on it. Course... then and there was not the time for it.

Next Up: 2/24 - Day 5 Part 3

What a cute gift, Ann!
You have some really wonderful friends. :hug:
I can't believe you went right to breakfast after just having a shower after running your race! :thumbsup2 Girl, you have ENERGY!!!!!!!!

The YC is a wonderful place to stay and since you are on your way to become DVC I cannot wait to hear that you will stay at the BC. I know, it's not the YC, but so close by. ;)
We love that walk to DHS. It's just a nice walk over there and you usually beat the boat anyway. :rotfl2:

Okay...now not only am I hungry for Kouzinna, but I am teary eyed over the necklace. I am so glad you like it! We all knew all the tough things you had gone through since ToT...you have been such a great friend that you deserved a little gift. I just wish I could have been their in person...but we are going to do PHM in 2015!

Congrats on a great finish, Ann! So glad you not only proved the runDisney rep wrong, but overcame a broken camera, fire ants and that terrible heat! Sounds like you're true royalty :goodvibes

Your insight on the race, and the course was great- thanks for sharing!

Waiting patiently to read more! :surfweb:

What a cute gift, Ann!
You have some really wonderful friends. :hug:
I can't believe you went right to breakfast after just having a shower after running your race! :thumbsup2 Girl, you have ENERGY!!!!!!!!

The YC is a wonderful place to stay and since you are on your way to become DVC I cannot wait to hear that you will stay at the BC. I know, it's not the YC, but so close by. ;)
We love that walk to DHS. It's just a nice walk over there and you usually beat the boat anyway. :rotfl2:

I do have wonderful friends :hug:

Energy? Maybe... but really, I think it was good to walk. It keeps the lactic acid from building in the muscles. Then you are less sore the next day. Plus, that walk is a very nice one!

The necklace is really beautiful! Love it!
Thanks!

Okay...now not only am I hungry for Kouzinna, but I am teary eyed over the necklace. I am so glad you like it! We all knew all the tough things you had gone through since ToT...you have been such a great friend that you deserved a little gift. I just wish I could have been their in person...but we are going to do PHM in 2015!

I hope you like Kouzzina. It is truly a favorite of mine for many reasons.

The necklace is definitely something I love. Ask me how many times this week I wore it... It is not only beautiful, but reminds me that I have friends..even if I am not spending time with them in person.

PMH, 2015?!! YES! I have it in my spreadsheet. ;)

Congrats on a great finish, Ann! So glad you not only proved the runDisney rep wrong, but overcame a broken camera, fire ants and that terrible heat! Sounds like you're true royalty :goodvibes

Your insight on the race, and the course was great- thanks for sharing!

Waiting patiently to read more! :surfweb:

Thank you. I am honestly a tad surprised I did as well as I did. I mean... I am not young, carry a little extra around the middle and have been NOT active all my life. To finish in the first 4000 people with roughly 20000 people behind me boggles my mind. Yet... in fairness to those who finished an hour or so behind me... they probably got a whole lot more pictures than I did. ;)

I hope my sharing helps in some way...

AND... I hope to get an update done in the next few days. :goodvibes

That is a beautiful gift. I can see why it chokes you up every time you wear it. So thoughtful.

13.1 miles, crack of dawn, and still going strong. Runner's high baby!

Isn't that path to HS so great?

Nice breakfast!

That is a beautiful gift. I can see why it chokes you up every time you wear it. So thoughtful.

13.1 miles, crack of dawn, and still going strong. Runner's high baby!

Isn't that path to HS so great?

Nice breakfast!

The gals here were just too kind to me. I still stop to wonder how I could possible be so deserving.

Runners high could explain it! 13.1 is definitely an accomplishment!

Love that path! It was the first time I ever had been on it (even though I had stayed at YC once before) I would love to run it some day.

Breakfast was awesome! The restaurant itself is wonderful... The first time I ate there was alone... So I guess I just am comfortable there. Perfect post race place to grab a bite!

Ann, what a lovely gesture and gift from your DIS friends.

Kouzinna is on my must try list one of these trips...perhaps in December.

Ann, what a lovely gesture and gift from your DIS friends.

Kouzinna is on my must try list one of these trips...perhaps in December.

It really was. It was really hard on me to make someone dislike me as much as I did in the fall...so I think they went above and beyond to show me that they still cared about me. They are awesome!!!

Kouzinna is a must! Supper yummy!

We walked to DHS. Once there, my cell battery was dangerously low. Given our last experience where I didn't have my cell in the parks, I knew I had to get it charge. We stopped at guest services and left my phone with them to charge.

Then, unlike most who make a bee line for TSM.. we went straight to BLT.

Steve had never been on it. Either it has been on refurb each of his trips OR has closed down for the day before the park closed. It was one of the few "must dos" on our trip.

Why I allow myself to feel so rushed through this, I don't know.

Steve enjoyed all of the preshow as well as the walk through the prop room.

Then on to the tram tour.

And for the real fun. Steve took a gazillion shots of this. The shutter was set to take one after another. Not sure what the point in that is. If you want something that when you look quickly at each photo it appears as a movie... just take the video and be done with it, is my thinking!

I love the area you get dumped off into.

With clouds over head, would Zoe and I trigger another down pour like last fall?

No, instead we just got a fun picture.

We walked around a bit, pretending to be in some very vacant city somewhere.

I happened to sit on a step and Steve took a picture of me. (turned out to be a bad picture...very blurry) Zoe was very upset by this for some reason (was someone tired maybe ;)) So we needed to add her to the photo op.

And she cheered up quickly.

If you did know we were in WDW, some of these fronts would appear very real. Real enough to enter in to.

At this point we went back to guest services to check on my phone.

Even though breakfast had been filling, it was now several hours later and we felt it a good time to stop and share some lunch. On this trip, the three of us shared many meals between us. It worked well. I had paid for Zoe to be an adult on the dp. This gave us all equal credits so to speak so I didn't feel bad when ordering an adult meal and sharing it with Zoe. I know...maybe this still isn't the way it is intended to be used.

This was more than enough food for the 3 of us.

After lunch, we walked down toward TSS. Would we able to ride or at least get a fp?

:sad2: No

However, something new was right near by. I will admit, that I was very skeptical. What had once housed the Chronicles of Narnia exhibit (sorry - forget the name) now housed a POTC one. I assumed it would be the same. When I was told by the cm tending the line...the very long line, that it was not like the previous exhibit...we hoped into the line. I think this was a 45 minute wait. We NEVER wait for something for this long....or at least rarely do. I am so very glad we did. I was very impressed. The effects were outstanding. Although, I think our position in the room for the show played a part in why it seemed so great. We were front and to the left side, so we ended up being right near the boat when Jack comes out. He looked real as life!!! Just a hologram, but OMG! I swear it was Johnny Depp in the flesh not too far from where I was standing. Super cool!

Just some random pictures from the show...

Unlike the last couple trips, this one I did not plan for Zoe to get a makeover at BBB. She really didn't want one. However when she saw the face painting stand in DHS, she really wanted that. Since I wasn't spending the money on BBB, I felt it a fair trade. Plus... no appointment, super quick and FAR less expensive.

We then went inside ABC Commissary to get a break from the weather.

Next Up: 2/24 - Day 5 Part 4

We walked to DHS. Once there, my cell battery was dangerously low. Given our last experience where I didn't have my cell in the parks, I knew I had to get it charge. We stopped at guest services and left my phone with them to charge.

I had no idea you could do that

Then, unlike most who make a bee line for TSM.. we went straight to BLT.

It's been closed or down the last couple of trips so I've yet to make it on this.

Even though breakfast had been filling, it was now several hours later and we felt it a good time to stop and share some lunch. On this trip, the three of us shared many meals between us. It worked well. I had paid for Zoe to be an adult on the dp. This gave us all equal credits so to speak so I didn't feel bad when ordering an adult meal and sharing it with Zoe. I know...maybe this still isn't the way it is intended to be used.

This was more than enough food for the 3 of us.

That would be enough for...

Jeff.

:rotfl:

ok no, it's got more sides than he would want. I'm assuming that is 2 meals split 3 ways? Jeff would whine that the sandwich wasn't big enough and want 2.

Why should you feel bad about sharing meals? You paid for them and if that meets your needs it sounds perfect to me! I have the problem where it's a bit of the principle of the thing with the boys. They don't WANT to share even if it is more food than they need.

We then went inside ABC Commissary to get a break from the weather.

Love these!

I had no idea you could do that

Yup... just make sure they have it actually charging before you leave. First time they didn't plug it in right and hours later... it was no better off. I would rather leave it at guest services than take it back to the room.

That would be enough for...

Jeff.

:rotfl:

ok no, it's got more sides than he would want. I'm assuming that is 2 meals split 3 ways? Jeff would whine that the sandwich wasn't big enough and want 2.

2 meals..spit 3 ways. Those sandwiches at starring rolls are huge! Zoe and I usually share one. Steve is not big on desserts... so a taste of each and he was good...leaving Zoe and I each with most of each to ourselves. I did lose out on the fruit though... both Steve and Zoe were not gonna share their fruit. :rolleyes:

Why should you feel bad about sharing meals? You paid for them and if that meets your needs it sounds perfect to me! I have the problem where it's a bit of the principle of the thing with the boys. They don't WANT to share even if it is more food than they need.

That is totally a sibling thing. Zoe and Alex do that... as did Kira and Zach... Zach and Alex. What ever each has is THEIRS and what the other one has the other one wants. :rotfl: With Zach and Kira both being older now though... they tend to share a bit better....mostly. ;)

Love these!

I never thought to do Starring Rolls for lunch. I think I'm making a revision to my upcoming trip now!

Of course the cupcake looks delish but the sandwiches do too!!

I was in HS that same day, luckily we were in Lights motor action when the storm blew through! The show was stopped temporarily but we stayed dry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter