Oh! My Peanut butter! (a 2013 PHM report)

The breakfast of champions! I have a sugar high just looking at it.

It was yummy! Course... who doesn't like a little rum soaked into their cake.:rotfl:

ITA, everyone should see Captain EO at least once.

Yes, and since I now have cooerced each of my family members to see it... I think I am done. Now... maybe the girls I am going with this fall have not see it yet. In that case... I might have to watch it one more time ;)

And cute socks.

Thanks... they helped her with the blisters..AND they were pretty cute.
:goodvibes

I love the Grey Goose one, Jeff prefers the Grand Marnier. :thumbsup2

I kinda wish I had not tried the grey goose. It was so yummy. Now I will have to decided between the two. :scratchin or get both!

That does look hot, ugh! The slide looks so fun at CSR, that's just a great pool all around, I need to hop there one of these days, I've never been to the resort at all.

While CSR isn't my absolute favorite resorts, I can certainly see why it is for some. It is a wonderful resort and if it were just a tad smaller it may have jumped to the top of my list of mods. The main pool though is right up there. I know that the one at YC (why its name escapes me at the moment I am not sure) is a definite gem. This one with it's slide is a contender.

Poor Kiddo, that is no fun, no fun at all.

No it definitely isn't. I really was disappointed to miss most of illuminations when we had such a prime viewing spot.... but even worse was just the fact she was so uncomfortable.

That's a nice little start to the day and treat before heading hom!

It really really was! It was a tad on the humid side, but so pretty!!!

I had no idea Tomorrowland Terrace had breakfast. Is that a new thing, a seasonal thing or ??? It looked yummy!

I think it is just seasonal... or maybe because Main street bakery was closed. ::yes:: I think it had to do with Main street bakery being closed.

That is so funny that Steve must do it's a small world.

Right? Mr. "disney isn't a big deal to me" feels ever so sad if he doesn't do small world!

I adore that tuna sandwich at CHH.
I normally do too. This one was a tad dry... like the bread had sat out a bit long.

UGH UGH and a lot more UGH's on..

I will be interested to see reports from the DL 1/2 and see how the corral placement ends up and if it helped, not sure how that compares to the Princess or WDW half but it will be interesting.

I think the new restrictions start for WDW half, right? I know that for ToT they are not applied yet. Good news for my running pals should they want to bring a proof of time to the expo to get corral changed... but maybe bad if the same thing happens and people make up times to get moved.

It was yummy! Course... who doesn't like a little rum soaked into their cake.:rotfl:

Especially at breakfast!

:thumbsup2

Yes, and since I now have cooerced each of my family members to see it... I think I am done. Now... maybe the girls I am going with this fall have not see it yet. In that case... I might have to watch it one more time ;)

Or just go anyway by yourself, it cracks me up!

I kinda wish I had not tried the grey goose. It was so yummy. Now I will have to decided between the two. :scratchin or get both!

I like the GM one but it is too sweet.

While CSR isn't my absolute favorite resorts, I can certainly see why it is for some. It is a wonderful resort and if it were just a tad smaller it may have jumped to the top of my list of mods. The main pool though is right up there. I know that the one at YC (why its name escapes me at the moment I am not sure) is a definite gem. This one with it's slide is a contender.

That is what I've heard. I may note it as a pool hop option for the NYE trip if things are too nutty in the parks

No it definitely isn't. I really was disappointed to miss most of illuminations when we had such a prime viewing spot.... but even worse was just the fact she was so uncomfortable.

I do love Les Chefs, for the food, the ambiance and yes the occasional killer view so that is a bummer. How has she been with our heat here lately? Looks like it is creeping back up tomorrow.

It really really was! It was a tad on the humid side, but so pretty!!!

And probably peaceful too

I think it is just seasonal... or maybe because Main street bakery was closed. ::yes:: I think it had to do with Main street bakery being closed.

That completely makes sense to me!

Right? Mr. "disney isn't a big deal to me" feels ever so sad if he doesn't do small world!

Jeff has his things too, it's pretty stinking cute

I think the new restrictions start for WDW half, right? I know that for ToT they are not applied yet. Good news for my running pals should they want to bring a proof of time to the expo to get corral changed... but maybe bad if the same thing happens and people make up times to get moved.

I think you are right, it's a 2014 change. What is interesting to me is how that will really work as it seems there are a lot of corrals between the last one and the first and it wouldn't be physically possible to lump everyone on the last without proof of time. Plus I think it's a 10k proof of time requirement for all the half marathons and I imagine people have been using 5k times? Still though, is runDisney really going to check all the times submitted and confirm they are true?

You should end up with a very nice corral for ToT :goodvibes

Ann, first, thank you for letting us be part of your trip and trip report! I loved following your last few days (the days that we spent on the plane and back at work :sick:)
You seemed to have done so much despite the fact that it you only had a little time left and the parks were pretty full. Love the topiaries all around Epcot. You were so right saying that they pop up while you're not looking.
Zoe's socks are so cute. Glad they helped too!

Again, thank you for letting us share in the fun. :hug: Cannot wait for your next adventure. :thumbsup2

Just had to share... with two trips in the works. One joint PTR already going... I will soon be starting another PTR for my january trip. I received everything I need to book using my dvc points... and am playing around on the site.:hyper: (Cynthia, yesterday when I had you checking things for me... guess what was in my darn mailbox???!!! :rolleyes:)

For all those experienced DVC members.... anyone know if I book something now. Can I make changes to it later? I may be known to switch days... move days... even move resorts. :rolleyes1 Will I still be able to tinker?

Just had to share... with two trips in the works. One joint PTR already going... I will soon be starting another PTR for my january trip. I received everything I need to book using my dvc points... and am playing around on the site.:hyper: (Cynthia, yesterday when I had you checking things for me... guess what was in my darn mailbox???!!! :rolleyes:)

For all those experienced DVC members.... anyone know if I book something now. Can I make changes to it later? I may be known to switch days... move days... even move resorts. :rolleyes1 Will I still be able to tinker?

:woohoo: another PTR!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!

And .......

WELCOME HOME! How awesome that you got your points and can use the DVC site!
Sorry, no help with the change thing. :rotfl: But I guess you should be able to do so ...... you might have to call member services, but I guess more experienced members will chime in. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: another PTR!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!

And .......

WELCOME HOME! How awesome that you got your points and can use the DVC site!
Sorry, no help with the change thing. :rotfl: But I guess you should be able to do so ...... you might have to call member services, but I guess more experienced members will chime in. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Karin!!! I can't believe we pulled the trigger this year. I wish that we had purchased a loaded contract, but at least all of 2013 points are coming in December. (meaning I don't have to borrow any for the january trip) We own at OKW, and I am really leaning toward staying there in January. Maybe a split... 1 bedroom for a few nights (through the race) and then move to a studio. I just am not sure how difficult that would be. Another option is staying at AKL which I would love to do. I am going to have to do a split... no way around it since the only place that has availability for the entire trip is SSR. (the one resort I don't want to stay) AND since we come in so late on our first night I think we may just book a separate room and not use points. That would mean a 1/3/5. Kinda an icky split... but just gonna have to be that way.

So yes, stay tuned. Once I book I will start a PTR for that trip and reveal what I ended up with. :goodvibes

Thanks so much Karin!!! I can't believe we pulled the trigger this year. I wish that we had purchased a loaded contract, but at least all of 2013 points are coming in December. (meaning I don't have to borrow any for the january trip) We own at OKW, and I am really leaning toward staying there in January. Maybe a split... 1 bedroom for a few nights (through the race) and then move to a studio. I just am not sure how difficult that would be. Another option is staying at AKL which I would love to do. I am going to have to do a split... no way around it since the only place that has availability for the entire trip is SSR. (the one resort I don't want to stay) AND since we come in so late on our first night I think we may just book a separate room and not use points. That would mean a 1/3/5. Kinda an icky split... but just gonna have to be that way.

So yes, stay tuned. Once I book I will start a PTR for that trip and reveal what I ended up with. :goodvibes

I so envy you owning at OKW! We knew by far not enough about it all when we took the plunge and ended up at SSR. Like you - my least favourite resort. :lmao:
Ann, have you considered waitlisting? We did for BLT last February and it came through within a few days. It's worth giving it a thought if you do not want to move around so much.
You will LOVE the 1 br at OKW. It is HUGE!!!!!!!!! I wish we would have stayed in one in February so you could have had a look.
Don't you have an AP, Ann? You sure could use it for that first night's stay. ;)

Yay!!!!!

Yes you can definitely make changes! I have made tons in the past. You can call to do it or depending on what it is, do it online and different strategies are better for each depending on the scenario.

That said it can get complicated if you are using banked or borrowed points or if you cancel past your banking window and the trip is in those last 4 months. So for the jan trip you'd have no issues making changes as long as you aren't borrowing. Even if you did borrow you'd still have most of your UY to use them or rent them. There is a date by which you can't cancel or they go into holding but I think that's 7 days, I'd have to check.

However if you use points for Oct, that is borrowing and in your last 4 months so changes on those would be risky as those points would move into 2012 so if a new booking was less points you could end up with a few you couldn't use.

I thought I was hopelessly behind, but I see I got here just in time for the end of your trip. Boo hoo I hate to see a good TR come to an end.

Zoe looks so darn cute in her princess outfit.

Love the Troll picture on the Malestrom. That was on my bucket list and and I never rode to get that pic. Drat.

That pizza looks bigger than Zoe. :rotfl2:

Isn't it nice to just run to run with no pressure? Love it! CSR is such a beautiful place to run.

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip and great pictures. It was so much fun!

That is what I've heard. I may note it as a pool hop option for the NYE trip if things are too nutty in the parks

I will have to keep this in mind for fall. It has a wonderful hot tub! I can see my running buddy and I needing to be there!! So what will I need to do in order to pool hop?

How has she been with our heat here lately?
She is doing ok. The problem with heat and being on vacation is that she doesn't have a lot of her supplies that could help make things better. Not that we don't bring them... but using them when in the park just isn't doable. Then in getting back to the room where she could... things are just too uncomfortable for her and she is too tired to take the necessary steps to making her more comfortable. Sounds silly, I know... but long days in the parks are hard enough with any kid. They just about crash instantly once they are back to the room. So just getting Zoe to take care of the "normal" medical routine is hard enough... let alone a more involved activity.

She does have an appointment on friday up at Children's. Series of routine tests... then meeting with the doc. I already know what he is going to say. :worried: I just am not wanting to hear it.... Zoe has made her "temporary fix" very routine and I think she is quite dependent on it. She is not going to give it up easily.

And probably peaceful too

SOO peaceful!

Jeff has his things too, it's pretty stinking cute

isn't it funny how they can be cute like that?

I think you are right, it's a 2014 change. What is interesting to me is how that will really work as it seems there are a lot of corrals between the last one and the first and it wouldn't be physically possible to lump everyone on the last without proof of time. Plus I think it's a 10k proof of time requirement for all the half marathons and I imagine people have been using 5k times? Still though, is runDisney really going to check all the times submitted and confirm they are true?

Well, I think the corrals near the back will also be divided up based on time of registration. There is speculation that the "first come first serve" method has always played a role in placement. Probably will more so with those who register without proof of time.

People have never been able to use 5k times. And yes, 2014 forward the thought is they will be checking. In registration it is pretty much stated that if it is found that your race can not be verified that you will be sequestered to the last corral. The name of the race, date and location all need to be given. The problem in the past is that RD did not verify races nor did they ask for all those details. People could say they ran the "I made up my own race 10k" with a time of "what ever I think is a good time to get me into the corral I want". It was taken as face value and they were placed. Another known issue was in the kinds of actual races. People would find a real race that was "official" but did not have a chip time. I read of races where the race official asked the participant their finish time. This is then what was "officially" recorded. Of course, those trying to have a qualifying time that would place them in a better corral were able to use this type of race to get an "official" time that was not true.

Can you tell this is a hot button for me? :rotfl:

You should end up with a very nice corral for ToT :goodvibes

Maybe... I would think I would not be in the last corral for sure. If they kept registrations down like they did last year (10k vs. 26k with the phm) then there may not be many corrals. (last year there was 4) If that is the case, then I may be in B. That would be my hope. Someday I would love to be in A... it could happen... but then again... I might just be at the cut off like I was for B/C for the phm. If that is the case, I will go to the front of B. If I am in A, then I will head to the back of A.

Ann, first, thank you for letting us be part of your trip and trip report! I loved following your last few days (the days that we spent on the plane and back at work :sick:)

I am so glad you were not only hear to read about it, but that you were a part of our adventure!

You seemed to have done so much despite the fact that it you only had a little time left and the parks were pretty full. Love the topiaries all around Epcot. You were so right saying that they pop up while you're not looking.
Zoe's socks are so cute. Glad they helped too!
Honestly, that last day we probably fit in the most. The park was was not that full and we were in the "gotta get in our last Disney" mode. Over all though, we took it pretty leisurely and only fit it what we could without standing in horrific lines.

I so envy you owning at OKW! We knew by far not enough about it all when we took the plunge and ended up at SSR. Like you - my least favourite resort. :lmao:
Ann, have you considered waitlisting? We did for BLT last February and it came through within a few days. It's worth giving it a thought if you do not want to move around so much.
You will LOVE the 1 br at OKW. It is HUGE!!!!!!!!! I wish we would have stayed in one in February so you could have had a look.
Don't you have an AP, Ann? You sure could use it for that first night's stay. ;)

Ok, so this waitlisting... what it is exactly? Is there a limit to how much you can do it? So much to learn!!!

And..I feel like we lucked out at OKW. For us, having the two queen beds in a studio is a major plus. So being able to have the advantage there is big. I have been looking and drooling over the 1 bedroom. I remember you staying in one and thinking it was huge. The balcony looks big too, yes? Not just the narrow one that the other rooms have? It looks like a table with chairs that sit around it is out there. I like that!

I do think I will end up booking a room... maybe at POFQ for at least our arrival night, but possibly for race weekend itself. Rooms are pretty full at all dvc resorts. Either Friday night is available and not Saturday...or Saturday but not Friday. I really need to be in the same place friday AND saturday since we don't want to be checking in or out on race day.

Yay!!!!!

Yes you can definitely make changes! I have made tons in the past. You can call to do it or depending on what it is, do it online and different strategies are better for each depending on the scenario.

That said it can get complicated if you are using banked or borrowed points or if you cancel past your banking window and the trip is in those last 4 months. So for the jan trip you'd have no issues making changes as long as you aren't borrowing. Even if you did borrow you'd still have most of your UY to use them or rent them. There is a date by which you can't cancel or they go into holding but I think that's 7 days, I'd have to check.

However if you use points for Oct, that is borrowing and in your last 4 months so changes on those would be risky as those points would move into 2012 so if a new booking was less points you could end up with a few you couldn't use.

Yeah.. last 4 month thing confuses me a bit. I do understand that banking has to happen in the first 8... but what other restrictions are there in the last 4?

I thought I was hopelessly behind, but I see I got here just in time for the end of your trip. Boo hoo I hate to see a good TR come to an end.

I am glad you were here! It was a shorter than normal trip... and we didn't have any drama (so less to write about) nor did we spend lots of time doing EVERYTHING (so again less to write about) So this wasn't a hard TR to get done.

Zoe looks so darn cute in her princess outfit.

Thank you. :goodvibes

Love the Troll picture on the Malestrom. That was on my bucket list and and I never rode to get that pic. Drat.

I was surprised I was able to get that and have it be the least bit recognizable.

That pizza looks bigger than Zoe. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Doesn't it!!! It was HUGE! And soo good!!! One of my favorite meals of the trip!!! And really the point where I realized the dp might not be for us any more. We paid oop for that pizza and shared some dessert. It was more than enough for all of us and was a super cheap meal. (by disney standards)

Isn't it nice to just run to run with no pressure? Love it! CSR is such a beautiful place to run.

It is! Now, I know you run all over WDW. Where is your favorite resort to run? So far I have only ran between POR and POFQ and CSR. I think I like the run around CSR better. Although, running along the river is kinda cool too. :scratchin
Thanks for sharing your awesome trip and great pictures. It was so much fun!

Thank you so much for being here!!

I will have to keep this in mind for fall. It has a wonderful hot tub! I can see my running buddy and I needing to be there!! So what will I need to do in order to pool hop?

Just your DVC member card, and honestly only if they ask. There are pools you aren't allowed to hop to (BLT, AKV, SAB) but everywhere else is good!

She is doing ok. The problem with heat and being on vacation is that she doesn't have a lot of her supplies that could help make things better. Not that we don't bring them... but using them when in the park just isn't doable. Then in getting back to the room where she could... things are just too uncomfortable for her and she is too tired to take the necessary steps to making her more comfortable. Sounds silly, I know... but long days in the parks are hard enough with any kid. They just about crash instantly once they are back to the room. So just getting Zoe to take care of the "normal" medical routine is hard enough... let alone a more involved activity.

She does have an appointment on friday up at Children's. Series of routine tests... then meeting with the doc. I already know what he is going to say. :worried: I just am not wanting to hear it.... Zoe has made her "temporary fix" very routine and I think she is quite dependent on it. She is not going to give it up easily.

:sad2: I am so sorry. Let me know if you want to try to meet for lunch or coffee depending on your appointment time, not far at all from me.

Well, I think the corrals near the back will also be divided up based on time of registration. There is speculation that the "first come first serve" method has always played a role in placement. Probably will more so with those who register without proof of time.

People have never been able to use 5k times. And yes, 2014 forward the thought is they will be checking. In registration it is pretty much stated that if it is found that your race can not be verified that you will be sequestered to the last corral. The name of the race, date and location all need to be given. The problem in the past is that RD did not verify races nor did they ask for all those details. People could say they ran the "I made up my own race 10k" with a time of "what ever I think is a good time to get me into the corral I want". It was taken as face value and they were placed. Another known issue was in the kinds of actual races. People would find a real race that was "official" but did not have a chip time. I read of races where the race official asked the participant their finish time. This is then what was "officially" recorded. Of course, those trying to have a qualifying time that would place them in a better corral were able to use this type of race to get an "official" time that was not true.

Can you tell this is a hot button for me? :rotfl:

So Disney will really check to see if they are chip timed? How do you know if something is chip timed or not?

I can see where it would be a hot button for many, and cause a lot of congestion!

Maybe... I would think I would not be in the last corral for sure. If they kept registrations down like they did last year (10k vs. 26k with the phm) then there may not be many corrals. (last year there was 4) If that is the case, then I may be in B. That would be my hope. Someday I would love to be in A... it could happen... but then again... I might just be at the cut off like I was for B/C for the phm. If that is the case, I will go to the front of B. If I am in A, then I will head to the back of A.

2500 people per corral? Holy Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine you not being in B for both ToT and WDW 1/2 based on what seems to be the time assignments but I guess it will be interesting to see how things play out before and after the changes. When is your deadline for time submissions for ToT? For some reason I thought they would (previously, not 2014) take a 5K time but maybe that was for ToT?

Just your DVC member card, and honestly only if they ask. There are pools you aren't allowed to hop to (BLT, AKV, SAB) but everywhere else is good!

cool :thumbsup2 I have been reading and reading on the DVC site. Learning all sort of things, but sometimes it is much simpler just to ask you ;) You tend to give me a simple answer that isn't buried in lots of verbiage I don't necessarily follow.

:sad2: I am so sorry. Let me know if you want to try to meet for lunch or coffee depending on your appointment time, not far at all from me.

Her appointment is in the afternoon with the specialist. 2pm.... which I just now am realizing will put likely put us out of there near 4pm.... Southbound i5 at that time... what fun! i wouldn't mind meeting... it might be easier than braving traffic. You just let me know what you think... UVillage is easy enough to get to...

So Disney will really check to see if they are chip timed? How do you know if something is chip timed or not?

Not so much chip timed.. but I think more to check if there is even such a race...and that your name is in the results. As far as how you know... it will be in your bib or as in the case with my last race... they hand one to you to attach to your shoe. Little plastic piece.

I can see where it would be a hot button for many, and cause a lot of congestion!

The congestion at the phm was what really was bad... but it is kinda to be expected with that many people. It wasn't until I spoke with people and over heard boasting of how they got into corral A or B just so they wouldn't be swept... and lied about their time to do so. :mad: With ToT, it was only really bad going into "the haunted woods" where the trail narrowed...and EVERYONE was walking.

2500 people per corral? Holy Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, right? It is hard to actually comprehend that many people in a race let alone just in a corral.

I can't imagine you not being in B for both ToT and WDW 1/2 based on what seems to be the time assignments but I guess it will be interesting to see how things play out before and after the changes. When is your deadline for time submissions for ToT? For some reason I thought they would (previously, not 2014) take a 5K time but maybe that was for ToT?

Deadline for the ToT I think was 7/1... BUT we can always bring proof to the expo. (this will be one of the major changes in 2014) I don't think a 5k time was ever accepted... but I could be wrong. But... since last year was ToT inaugural... I know it wasn't accepted last year. (but there was another ToT race... that for some reason they didn't redo...but rather came up with the 10 miler instead)

As for my corral placement... I would think B for both too.. Since my submission for phm involved a 10k with a pace of 10:42 and was almost b... I am sure a pace of 9:07 will be.

Ok, so this waitlisting... what it is exactly? Is there a limit to how much you can do it? So much to learn!!!

You can have 2 waitlists at any given time. You can note that it should replace an existing, or not as well, if applicable. So if for example you book 4 nights, but waitlist the 5th and that comes through, that won't cancel anything but you'll have 2 reservation numbers and need to call to make sure they are linked (so you don't have to move rooms, assuming your room category and resort are the same). Member services may be able to combine them into one ressie as well, which is cleaner, over the phone.

But if you book 4 nights at one resort, waitlist for 5 at another and those dates overlap, and it goes though, it will cancel out that first reservation for the nights that overlap, or vice versa. So we had 7 nights booked at WL, waitlisted 3 of them at BWV, which came though and it cancelled those 3 nights at WL.

I do think I will end up booking a room... maybe at POFQ for at least our arrival night, but possibly for race weekend itself. Rooms are pretty full at all dvc resorts. Either Friday night is available and not Saturday...or Saturday but not Friday. I really need to be in the same place friday AND saturday since we don't want to be checking in or out on race day.

I'd book a room now just so you have one, I am hearing reports of things full all around for race weekend.

Yeah.. last 4 month thing confuses me a bit. I do understand that banking has to happen in the first 8... but what other restrictions are there in the last 4?

Yes, a bunch actually. Basically if you have a trip in the last 4 months and you cancel or modify, whatever points are left are kind of trapped in that use year and cannot be banked, regardless of whether they were originally banked, actual UY or borrowed points. Once you use them for a reservation they belong in the UY of the reservation. That said, it would depend on when you cancel or modify as to what comes next. If you cancel or change with more than 31 days notice, you can use them up until that last day. 30 days or less and they go into holding. That would be true whether it's in the last 4 months or not.

Basically it just means that trips in the last 4 months of your UY (fall for you and I) is riskier in terms of the potential to lose points. I do buy the DVC trip insurance for that reason personally, if I know I have travel in those months or the trip is just risky for whatever reason.

There is also the Rule of Four. The Rule of Four says that you can't book a non-DVC resort option during the last four months of your use year if the stay will also occur during the last four months of your use year. That would only apply to you for an RCI exchange as most of the others aren't allowed with resale anyway so one less thing to worry about :thumbsup2

cool :thumbsup2 I have been reading and reading on the DVC site. Learning all sort of things, but sometimes it is much simpler just to ask you ;) You tend to give me a simple answer that isn't buried in lots of verbiage I don't necessarily follow.

there is a LOT of verbiage to wade through that is for sure!

Her appointment is in the afternoon with the specialist. 2pm.... which I just now am realizing will put likely put us out of there near 4pm.... Southbound i5 at that time... what fun! i wouldn't mind meeting... it might be easier than braving traffic. You just let me know what you think... UVillage is easy enough to get to...

I have a morning event in Tukwila and will be heading up so that would work out well, either before or after your appointment depending on what works best for you. I PM'd you.

Not so much chip timed.. but I think more to check if there is even such a race...and that your name is in the results. As far as how you know... it will be in your bib or as in the case with my last race... they hand one to you to attach to your shoe. Little plastic piece.

I just wonder if they really check...I mean that is thousands of races to possibly check! Hopefully they do though as it will make for a much better experience for people

As for my corral placement... I would think B for both too.. Since my submission for phm involved a 10k with a pace of 10:42 and was almost b... I am sure a pace of 9:07 will be.

What a huge difference, wow! Congrats, that is impressive.

Hi Ann! Congrats on DVC! I am so jealous! I was thinking about buying then decided I would get much more use of out central air, so that is my next big purchase. DVC will sadly have to wait.

I just registered for both Princess and Tinkerbell for 2014 and yes things are definitely different. I have to run my qualifier by Septemeber I think! What also was odd was before it said if you thought you would finish in under 230 you had to sumbit proof of time, this time it said if you think you will finish under 315 you will need to submit POT. I used my half marathon from May as my POT. They also said you could not prove out the weekend of the race anymore. What you get is what you get. Will be interesting. Have my first Disney half on Sept 1. Hoping to do better since my foot won't be broken this time!

I love that pic of Zoe with the pizza! Isn't it awesome when rides are MK are a walk-on?

Sounds like a great trip - similar to my May one where we just went with the flow. It's refreshing sometimes, but you have to know you're coming back!

You can have 2 waitlists at any given time. You can note that it should replace an existing, or not as well, if applicable. So if for example you book 4 nights, but waitlist the 5th and that comes through, that won't cancel anything but you'll have 2 reservation numbers and need to call to make sure they are linked (so you don't have to move rooms, assuming your room category and resort are the same). Member services may be able to combine them into one ressie as well, which is cleaner, over the phone.

But if you book 4 nights at one resort, waitlist for 5 at another and those dates overlap, and it goes though, it will cancel out that first reservation for the nights that overlap, or vice versa. So we had 7 nights booked at WL, waitlisted 3 of them at BWV, which came though and it cancelled those 3 nights at WL.

That makes sense. I will have to consider doing that rather than checking availability constantly on my own.

I'd book a room now just so you have one, I am hearing reports of things full all around for race weekend.

I can't get online to book a room at the regular resorts yet. I wonder if I were to call I could be able to get a room only. January bookings open on the 10th though...so not long to wait.

Yes, a bunch actually. Basically if you have a trip in the last 4 months and you cancel or modify, whatever points are left are kind of trapped in that use year and cannot be banked, regardless of whether they were originally banked, actual UY or borrowed points. Once you use them for a reservation they belong in the UY of the reservation. That said, it would depend on when you cancel or modify as to what comes next. If you cancel or change with more than 31 days notice, you can use them up until that last day. 30 days or less and they go into holding. That would be true whether it's in the last 4 months or not.

Basically it just means that trips in the last 4 months of your UY (fall for you and I) is riskier in terms of the potential to lose points. I do buy the DVC trip insurance for that reason personally, if I know I have travel in those months or the trip is just risky for whatever reason.

There is also the Rule of Four. The Rule of Four says that you can't book a non-DVC resort option during the last four months of your use year if the stay will also occur during the last four months of your use year. That would only apply to you for an RCI exchange as most of the others aren't allowed with resale anyway so one less thing to worry about :thumbsup2

Yep... that is a lot to keep in mind. Bottom line seems to be don't make changes or cancel in the last 4 months of your UY. Yes? At least as long as the reservation doesn't end up requiring less points. The rule of four seemed to not apply to me much since even using RCI exchange wont happen for a while since I have planned out in my head trips through the next couple years. :rotfl:

I have a morning event in Tukwila and will be heading up so that would work out well, either before or after your appointment depending on what works best for you. I PM'd you.

I got your pm :goodvibes I will respond.

I just wonder if they really check...I mean that is thousands of races to possibly check! Hopefully they do though as it will make for a much better experience for people

I am hoping just the threat that they will or could will make people more honest. Course, maybe not. I am sure that there could be some that think "well, I will be in last corral if I get caught or last corral if I don't fake a time... so I might as well chance it since I have nothing to lose" There are always risk of being banned from future RD events. I have only read talk about that when it comes to selling your bib. That is a big no no, but so many people do it. I mean... what are you suppose to do when you really can't do the race that you intended? There is a time frame you can defer your registration to the next year...but even that can be tricky.

What a huge difference, wow! Congrats, that is impressive.

Thank you :) I have been struggling to get my time back down from roughly a 9 1/2 and today I had a record of 8:21. Granted it was just a 2 mile run... but still it was PR! I ran out of my iron and neglected to get it for a week or two. I have been taking it now for a week or two... I wonder if that is helping me regain some of my stamina.

Hi Ann! Congrats on DVC! I am so jealous! I was thinking about buying then decided I would get much more use of out central air, so that is my next big purchase. DVC will sadly have to wait.

Thanks so much! It has been a bit of a journey. Started back in April so it was not that quick of a process, but so glad that we did it finally. We have toyed around with the idea for years. This year we finally decided that we were going to be going any way... and financially it would make sense. I mean... we can go and stay in a value or moderate... but being able to stay in a villa for basically what we would pay for a value is a heck of a deal.

I hear ya though on having other things to spend money on. There always seems to be something!

I just registered for both Princess and Tinkerbell for 2014 and yes things are definitely different. I have to run my qualifier by Septemeber I think! What also was odd was before it said if you thought you would finish in under 230 you had to sumbit proof of time, this time it said if you think you will finish under 315 you will need to submit POT. I used my half marathon from May as my POT. They also said you could not prove out the weekend of the race anymore. What you get is what you get. Will be interesting. Have my first Disney half on Sept 1. Hoping to do better since my foot won't be broken this time!

I think the proof for a finish of less than 3:15:00 is just a way to break down those corrals better. I mean... even the difference between finishing in 3:00:00 over 3:15:00 is over a minute less per mile. And if you lump those people together you are still bound to get some congestion.

As much as it sucks for new runners to not be able to change their placement at the expo (after all, there is usually a few months between the submission time and the race...and if a person trains hard they are sure to improve greatly in that time)..... I think it makes sense for RD. If they plan on 2500 per corral and even 500 bump up... then all of a sudden there is 3k in one and 2k in the one behind. I can see where that could be a mess. This makes it more easy to manage corral totals.

Good luck to you at your DL half!!! If I had not the intention on doing the ToT, the DL half would be a perfect way to get a coast to coast. (cause for me right now... the tink and then phm would be a bit much doing back to back)

I love that pic of Zoe with the pizza! Isn't it awesome when rides are MK are a walk-on?

That pizza was HUGE and oh so good!!! And yes, I LOVE walk ons!!!

Sounds like a great trip - similar to my May one where we just went with the flow. It's refreshing sometimes, but you have to know you're coming back!

I really would love to read a recap of your May trip. Sheesh... I can't believe it has already been a couple months since your trip!!! Still... would be fun to read. :goodvibes

Ann, I finally catch up only to find it's over. :(:(:(

I enjoyed the updates I missed, and so glad that you enjoyed the pool and slide at CSR (I love that slide and it's the only one I'll go down at Disney).

Your remaining days seemed perfect to me...a little relaxation, enjoying World Showcase (which I love) and getting in some favorite rides before you left.

That makes sense. I will have to consider doing that rather than checking availability constantly on my own.

However...just remember that the waitlists are filled overnight by the system. So if someone cancelled a ressie that matches your waitlist, and someone else either sees it online or calls in and finds it available, it could be taken before the system has the ability to "match". So it's good to do both, have the waitlist but then still check.

I can't get online to book a room at the regular resorts yet. I wonder if I were to call I could be able to get a room only. January bookings open on the 10th though...so not long to wait.

I would think you could easily book room only now and then convert if you wanted. Or wait till the 10th. I know we have quotes for a reservation that goes until 1/6 for my folks.

Yep... that is a lot to keep in mind. Bottom line seems to be don't make changes or cancel in the last 4 months of your UY. Yes? At least as long as the reservation doesn't end up requiring less points. The rule of four seemed to not apply to me much since even using RCI exchange wont happen for a while since I have planned out in my head trips through the next couple years. :rotfl:

Right. So for example our trip last summer had part of our nights occurring before that 4 month cut off, and part after. I had changes to all 3 of our reservations but just made sure to make them before 7/31 which worked fine.

I am hoping just the threat that they will or could will make people more honest. Course, maybe not. I am sure that there could be some that think "well, I will be in last corral if I get caught or last corral if I don't fake a time... so I might as well chance it since I have nothing to lose" There are always risk of being banned from future RD events. I have only read talk about that when it comes to selling your bib. That is a big no no, but so many people do it. I mean... what are you suppose to do when you really can't do the race that you intended? There is a time frame you can defer your registration to the next year...but even that can be tricky.

I really fail to see the point of selling your bib or transferring it other than getting your registration money back. As I understand it, you can "authorize" the transfer but that other person is still running in your name, Disney won't change that. Theoretically that then shows as "your" race time, even though it isn't and for future RD events if nothing else, you would think they could see the times and if it is a huge discrepancy it could possibly cause issues if it was an authorized and noted transfer. I kind of figure that the registration is a sunk cost although I bet if you had trip insurance, and had to cancel vor a covered reason, it might be covered. Not sure. I've heard that the defer has to be for the same exact race the following year but the verbiage doesn't read that way...ugh.

Thank you :) I have been struggling to get my time back down from roughly a 9 1/2 and today I had a record of 8:21. Granted it was just a 2 mile run... but still it was PR! I ran out of my iron and neglected to get it for a week or two. I have been taking it now for a week or two... I wonder if that is helping me regain some of my stamina.

:thumbsup2 maybe I should start taking iron! That is amazing. Are you planning another 10K between now and ToT for your ToT time/placement submission?

I think the proof for a finish of less than 3:15:00 is just a way to break down those corrals better. I mean... even the difference between finishing in 3:00:00 over 3:15:00 is over a minute less per mile. And if you lump those people together you are still bound to get some congestion.

Huge, I think it's good.

As much as it sucks for new runners to not be able to change their placement at the expo (after all, there is usually a few months between the submission time and the race...and if a person trains hard they are sure to improve greatly in that time)..... I think it makes sense for RD. If they plan on 2500 per corral and even 500 bump up... then all of a sudden there is 3k in one and 2k in the one behind. I can see where that could be a mess. This makes it more easy to manage corral totals.

I hadn't thought about that but it really could explain a lot of the issues they've had as well.

The rum cake looks amazing! We have to try that one. I am so glad you love WS I too love just wandering around and looking at everything...we should make a great pair! I see ZEPPOLES....:lmao:.

You flew right over me on your way home, I hope you remembered to wave down at me!

Good luck to you at your DL half!!! If I had not the intention on doing the ToT, the DL half would be a perfect way to get a coast to coast. (cause for me right now... the tink and then phm would be a bit much doing back to back)

Yes I definitely agree it stinks for those who train hard to move up, but I can also see RD's side of it. The events are getting so big it is hard to keep juggling people around. I was still shocked that it was up to 315 though!

Thank you! DL Half is the race where I am going to decide if I apply to run the Boston Marathon with the Alzheimer's Association next April. Boston is my goal, but not sure I am "there" yet physically. Mentally I am already on Boylston street! I have a 7 mile uphill (literally, does not go DOWN until mile 6.78) two weeks prior! It is the Falmouth Road Race, a pretty famous race out on cape cod MA. I always joke around the elites that come to run will finish before I even start! You could always do Disneyland next year for the coast to coast since you are doing the WDW half in january! Definitely a bit nervous doing the races back to back, but I REALLY want that pink medal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter