• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

I agree with this. Ate at Ohana tonight and we were so disappointed. Tough medium-rare sirloin and overcooked mushy noodles. Dry potstickers and hard bread. Service was wonderful but would not recommend Ohana.
I would do as a pp did and complain to guest services (I assume they went to the front desk of their resort).

Ohana was going downhill before the pandemic. It's such a money maker like everything else that's a huge success Disney won't even bother to pretend to care.

I would do as a pp did and complain to guest services (I assume they went to the front desk of their resort).
We didn't think to go to the front desk. We emailed Guest Services and they are crediting our meal at 'Ohana to a Disney gift card since we had our receipts for the meal and the resort pizza. Here's the link we used: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

In all of our trips to property we have never contacted GS about anything negative--this was a first.

O, nooooo. I've never been to Ohana and our first time will be September 30th for an anniversary celebration (mine, not Disney's :tongue: ) Seeing everyone's recent reviews is making me second guess it, but we were also hoping to get fireworks seating (I read somewhere that Ohana had SOME fireworks views) Do you think I should cancel? We keep trying to get California Grill but it simply is not popping up for us.

O, nooooo. I've never been to Ohana and our first time will be September 30th for an anniversary celebration (mine, not Disney's :tongue: ) Seeing everyone's recent reviews is making me second guess it, but we were also hoping to get fireworks seating (I read somewhere that Ohana had SOME fireworks views) Do you think I should cancel? We keep trying to get California Grill but it simply is not popping up for us.
Read to the end of the veddy veddy long ‘Ohana threads and you’ll find that the new menu was switched back to the original better loved one.
My opinion of the food at ‘Ohana is it’s great for families and those with a strong sense of nostalgia. Should that fit your needs then definitely go.

CG is accepting reservations until October 1st so of course it’s hard to get an ADR currently. It will reopen on an unannounced date with a new experience to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Put in few touring plan and/or mouse dining reservation finders to help you get one between now and the ending date.

Read to the end of the veddy veddy long ‘Ohana threads and you’ll find that the new menu was switched back to the original better loved one.
My opinion of the food at ‘Ohana is it’s great for families and those with a strong sense of nostalgia. Should that fit your needs then definitely go.

CG is accepting reservations until October 1st so of course it’s hard to get an ADR currently. It will reopen on an unannounced date with a new experience to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Put in few touring plan and/or mouse dining reservation finders to help you get one between now and the ending date.
Thank you! I was tipped off to mouse dining a while back and it is great. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for CG. Do you know if the fireworks watching is any good at Ohana?

Thank you! I was tipped off to mouse dining a while back and it is great. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for CG. Do you know if the fireworks watching is any good at Ohana?
As long as your table is located in the first three rows from the window in the long dining room you’ll see the fireworks just fine.

[/QUOTE]

You should definitely cancel if you want good food for the 150.00 you will spend for this meal. My son {35} and I ate there two nights ago. The food was absolute slop. The waiter was actually embarrassed when he gave me the check and told me he was sorry that we had spent money for such a poor meal. I agree with everything that was previously posted. Bread service - some sort of papaya roll and a cheddar bacon jalapeño roll. My son tried the cheddar bacon one - said there was absolutely no jalapeño flavor. I tried the papaya - it was ok, not warm, and very crumbly when trying to spread the butter. Salad was fresh, but the citrus vinaigrette dressing was blah - definitely not citrusy. Previous poster summed up the mains well. Beef very overcooked. HORRIBLE flavor. Chicken very burnt, had to peel the skin off to eat. Shrimp had no flavor. nothing to dip it in. Ditto on the potstickers - I liked them, but again, nothing to dip them in. Was going to get more of those, but waiter never able to check on us to see if we wanted more of anything because he was covering way too many tables. I don't blame him, he was super nice, but service was nonexistent. Bread pudding was good, but definitely disappointed that it wasn't the one we were expecting after watching so many reviews about the banana foster one. Our waiter took our drinks off the bill because he knew we ate barely anything. Also saw bussers emptying large amounts of food off of plates headed for the garbage. We gave the server a full tip because lack of help and poor food wasn't his fault. Our bill, without the drinks and a tip came close to 150.00. Live and learn, and never again.

You should definitely cancel if you want good food for the 150.00 you will spend for this meal. My son {35} and I ate there two nights ago. The food was absolute slop. The waiter was actually embarrassed when he gave me the check and told me he was sorry that we had spent money for such a poor meal. I agree with everything that was previously posted. Bread service - some sort of papaya roll and a cheddar bacon jalapeño roll. My son tried the cheddar bacon one - said there was absolutely no jalapeño flavor. I tried the papaya - it was ok, not warm, and very crumbly when trying to spread the butter. Salad was fresh, but the citrus vinaigrette dressing was blah - definitely not citrusy. Previous poster summed up the mains well. Beef very overcooked. HORRIBLE flavor. Chicken very burnt, had to peel the skin off to eat. Shrimp had no flavor. nothing to dip it in. Ditto on the potstickers - I liked them, but again, nothing to dip them in. Was going to get more of those, but waiter never able to check on us to see if we wanted more of anything because he was covering way too many tables. I don't blame him, he was super nice, but service was nonexistent. Bread pudding was good, but definitely disappointed that it wasn't the one we were expecting after watching so many reviews about the banana foster one. Our waiter took our drinks off the bill because he knew we ate barely anything. Also saw bussers emptying large amounts of food off of plates headed for the garbage. We gave the server a full tip because lack of help and poor food wasn't his fault. Our bill, without the drinks and a tip came close to 150.00. Live and learn, and never again.
[/QUOTE]
Wow that is TERRIBLE. Doesn’t sound worth it at all.
Ohana’s always been one of those places we said we’d get to eventually. With the 30th being our group’s first night AND it being 6 of us (2 couples celebrating anniversaries, even) seemed like a good time to do it. Honestly we keep trying and trying for CG (have mouse watchers too) but it’s just not happening. I didn’t expect the meal to be GREAT (part of why we’ve never prioritized it) but we thought with all the celebrations within our group, the fireworks would help make it perfect.
So hard to justify the co$$$t though for such sub standard fare.
Guess I’ll just keep crossing my fingers for CG. It is by far our 1st choice 🤞🏽
Thank you for your honest review!

On any ordinary visit if you wanted to give it a shot, I'd say "Go for it." But for a special occasion, I'd make other arrangements.
At this late hour I’m not sure what would be available. Maybe I shouldn’t have put all my eggs in the CG basket 😱

These latest reports are very disturbing. We have Ohana scheduled for our last night. If Cali Grill is re-opened by then, I am thinking of changing it to that, or perhaps something else that just isn’t coming to mind right now.

Ohana’s always been one of those places we said we’d get to eventually. With the 30th being our group’s first night AND it being 6 of us (2 couples celebrating anniversaries, even) seemed like a good time to do it. Honestly we keep trying and trying for CG (have mouse watchers too) but it’s just not happening. I didn’t expect the meal to be GREAT (part of why we’ve never prioritized it) but we thought with all the celebrations within our group, the fireworks would help make it perfect.
So hard to justify the co$$$t though for such sub standard fare.
Guess I’ll just keep crossing my fingers for CG. It is by far our 1st choice 🤞🏽

Ok I had an answer but I re-read your post...in view of that...

Keep 'Ohana for now. I just looked and the only ADRs I could find for 6 at around 7pm are Swan/Dolphin or DS restauarants, which are fine, but I don't think that's what you want. Look every day, several times a day, for other places. Look at midnight. Use touring plans reservation finder as a backup and be ready to pounce. If it were another date, I think you would have more options, but that is the arrival date for MANY people who are going for the 50th weekend celebrations and places are booked solid.

So either change your date, or figure you will be at 'Ohana. In the meantime keep looking, esp in the days leading up to the 30th.

For 'Ohana: be prepared to advocate for yourself. When you arrive tell them you are celebrating a big anniversary. If they give you a terrible table ask for another. Be prepared to wait. Do not let them drop food you are not ready for. (For ex if you order cocktails and they start bringing food right away: they like to get you in and out). If you can't find your server (seems to happen a lot) and you need something, get out of your seat and look for a manager. Be very proactive. Wish you didn't have to do this, and you might not have to, but be prepared to fight for your celebration :smickey:

On this night, your name is Karen.

Last edited:
So either change your date, or figure you will be at 'Ohana. In the meantime keep looking, esp in the days leading up to the 30th.
Someone has probably mentioned it, but the Touring Plans reservation finder is free and actually works! You enter your desired time and place and it will send you an alert if something comes open.

Is this the only night you can watch the fireworks? If it was my anniversary, the meal would be far more important than fireworks. I get what you're trying to do, but honestly, the food was horrible. Not to mention extremely noisy, crying kids, etc. If it was my anniversary, I'd much prefer a great meal at Shula's, or even The Boathouse at DS, than paying for what I didn't even bother to eat. And definitely put CG In Touring plans. You can reserve Shulas on Open table I believe.

I wrote before that pre-covid the food at Ohana had really deteriorated in quality.
You mean now it's even worse?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter