Ohana or LIberty Tree Tavern?

We were there in August 2018, I read a lot of terrible reviews, so we did not initially ADR. I grabbed this reservation because my other reservation wasn't going to work for us, time wise, and we really just wanted somewhere to sit and eat. I figured it is pasta, it probably can't be that bad. I knew that they had a lot of complaints about pinkish chicken. Depending on how pink, I wasn't too worried because growing up in a restaurant and being a person who smokes a lot of meat, pink doesn't always mean under cooked. So I ordered what I normally do at Italian restaurants, chicken Alfredo. My husband and son both ordered spaghetti.
The waiting area was packed, we arrived 15 minutes early and 20 minutes later we were seated. We sat in the main dining room. Our server came over right away and after taking our order brought us over some bread right away. After our food came we were pleasantly surprised to see that the pasta was homemade (I asked, they make it there) and the sauces were all very tasty. I did notice about halfway through my chicken that there was a touch of pink, nothing alarming though. Our server must have been watching for it, because he came over right away to see if everything was okay. He also assured me that they temp their chicken. I told him that I really didn't need anything because I was already stuffed. I guess to be on the safe side, he told the manager, who then came to our table to make sure I was okay. I think they are trying very hard to repair their reputation. We thought the food was good, the theme was cute (My husband even pretended to roll a meatball to me with his nose lol) and the location was great. Hopefully on our next trip it will still be as good, because we will make an ADR.
Haven’t ate here in last 2 years but will be back this year. Family loves it. And been reading it’s even better now.

With only one day, I would not waste the hour travel and time to wait and eat at 'Ohana. We have eaten here three times. First time was great. Last two times - not so good. The salad and noodles were all we enjoyed the last time. Meat was not good, veggies were lacking -as in I almost had to beg for broccoli, not even enough for each person to have a single floret - and the service was slow. We decided it takes too long to get there and too much of a wait to not even enjoy it. We much prefer LTT. Food is always good and we love the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter