OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Yeah, he used to say at BWV you could sit on the balcony in a chair and reach into the refrigerator for a cold one.

Not OKW specific but over on the MNSSHP thread - they are organizing for DVC members to take random people in with them for the DVC early entry perk. I don't think that is cool. A fast way to have perks taken away.

Hi all, just back from 2 weeks at OKW (cash through Disney). I wanted to thank everyone that helped with questions before we went away. It was so useful to have some prior knowledge before going away. So, before we went I requested a room with a high floor and a second door into the bathroom. Neither of my requests were granted - we were in building 18 on the first floor. I asked if they had anything else as I’d also asked for somewhere near Turtle Pond Road. The only thing they had was in building 45. After a bit of pondering we decided to stay with building 18 (Millers Road) and I’m so glad we did! The room wasn’t a refurbished one but it was so lovely. We could look across the golf course and see Hospitality House. We used to get on the bus at Millers Road going out and get off at Peninsular Road coming home and just walk round the corner to our villa - much quicker than taking the bus all round the resort. We also had a lovely quiet pool about a minutes walk away which was great. A lovely area to stay in and one I’d never considered. I just wish I could afford to become a Vacation Club member. OKW would definitely be my home resort!! Loved every moment of being there :) x

2 weeks, you lucky devil! Thank you for sharing, that’s exactly why we love it!

I agree with Beaslyboo! You ARE lucky! And yes, thanks so much for an informative post about your OKW experience! I joined in '93 and after staying at almost every DVC resort, I still love OKW the best! :cutie:

Not OKW specific but over on the MNSSHP thread - they are organizing for DVC members to take random people in with them for the DVC early entry perk. I don't think that is cool. A fast way to have perks taken away.
Again another loop holes that adds volume to the parks! I don't know how they could stop unless they restrict only to DVC members and family, obviously that info would have to be on ticket or magic band.

Book it now or you might be too late. I booked a GV in early June a few years ago and got all but one night at 11 months out. I had to hope to get the last night at seven months out because I didn't have enough OKW points.
thanks for the tip-I'm trying to transfer points in to get me there via this board so that I can book as soon as possible-didn't realize it was such a hot commodity!

Again another loop holes that adds volume to the parks! I don't know how they could stop unless they restrict only to DVC members and family, obviously that info would have to be on ticket or magic band.

I am okay with guests staying on the same reservation. But random people who sign up facilitated by the DIS just seems wrong especially because it is up to 7 people per member.

Hi Everyone! We are staying at OKW for the first time at the end of January/beginning of February. We are so excited to check it out. We are staying in a 2 bedroom and hoping for a remodeled room. I can't see to find anywhere when the renovations will be complete. Any tips on getting an updated room? TIA. Sorry if this is repeated, I can't scroll though 157 pages! °o°

Hi Everyone! We are staying at OKW for the first time at the end of January/beginning of February. We are so excited to check it out. We are staying in a 2 bedroom and hoping for a remodeled room. I can't see to find anywhere when the renovations will be complete. Any tips on getting an updated room? TIA. Sorry if this is repeated, I can't scroll though 157 pages! °o°
Just request South Point or Turtle Pond. Both of those areas should be completed in the near future. If you had scrolled just a few pages back from this page, you would have found your answer.

Just request South Point or Turtle Pond. Both of those areas should be completed in the near future. If you had scrolled just a few pages back from this page, you would have found your answer.

Great, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! :)

Then we can all find out if they add the door to the bathroom through the laundry room. If the bathroom is a complete gut, adding the door shouldn't be that difficult.

Fingers crossed! The dual bathroom entrance is always my number one request at OKW, and I sweat it out until we get our room number. Fingers crossed we’ve always gotten it, but it’s not like a request is guaranteed and that dual bathroom entrance is part of what makes the one bedroom villa so great with our napping little ones and the occasional grandparent or two that join us and sleep on the pull out.

Just thinking about this:

Did the washing machines change? Pods okay? Do we need HE?

Thanks!
The ones in the laundry rooms are HE. The ones in the villas weren't the last time I looked. But you can use pods.

The ones in the laundry rooms are HE. The ones in the villas weren't the last time I looked. But you can use pods.

Thank you. I did a quick laundry study after posting. Learned HE is always okay but regular is not in an HE system. So HE it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter