OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I've read that the bubbles cause less water to flow through the pump. Therefore, the pump can overheat (without the water to cool it) and be damaged or burn out.

I've read that the bubbles cause less water to flow through the pump. Therefore, the pump can overheat (without the water to cool it) and be damaged or burn out.

I read the regular suds can't be washed away along with dirt residue and it can cause the infamous HE odor and ruin the gaskets.

Thank you. I did a quick laundry study after posting. Learned HE is always okay but regular is not in an HE system. So HE it is!

May I offer a suggestion? I use Norwex laundry powder in my HE and it works like a dream. You can use a small plastic container and that amount will last a very long time. It is also an all purpose cleaner that is safe and non toxic, so if you want to mix it with water you can wipe up spills and spots that would otherwise be difficult.

May I offer a suggestion? I use Norwex laundry powder in my HE and it works like a dream. You can use a small plastic container and that amount will last a very long time. It is also an all purpose cleaner that is safe and non toxic, so if you want to mix it with water you can wipe up spills and spots that would otherwise be difficult.

I looked at the reviews. Not comfortable that is is right for HE.

I looked at the reviews. Not comfortable that is is right for HE.
I use the one for HE. I have a front load machine and it is safe for mine. I used to use pods, however the plastic did not always disolve, so I worried what it was doing inside the machine.

I use the one for HE. I have a front load machine and it is safe for mine. I used to use pods, however the plastic did not always disolve, so I worried what it was doing inside the machine.

Haven't found pod remnants, yet. Also haven't tried any detergent that comes close to good ole Tide. I will admit to having issues with some of their scents. I like bleach with my whites. Definitely not up for a detergent that is sold by 'reps'. Scaling back from the Mrs. Meyers stuff, too. Just doesn't clean as well as the bleach, ammonia (don't mix!), 409, Ajax and Dawn of my youth.

Haven't found pod remnants, yet. Also haven't tried any detergent that comes close to good ole Tide. I will admit to having issues with some of their scents. I like bleach with my whites. Definitely not up for a detergent that is sold by 'reps'. Scaling back from the Mrs. Meyers stuff, too. Just doesn't clean as well as the bleach, ammonia (don't mix!), 409, Ajax and Dawn of my youth.
I'm a Tide with Bleach Alternative fan myself.

Back to fun OKW stuff. I believe we are in the single digits. Hoping the increase in OKW on social media doesn't mess with my room requests. So many newcomers (not members) wanting a 'refurbished room ' above else. I want my favorite location (which happens to be in the exalted refurbished area) after 25 years of being a member.

Yes! It is not okay. Wonder if that is a problem for Disney? Guests determined to use their regular detergent instead of HE.

I always used Tide, however this one beats it for getting my clothes clean. Add that to the tiny bit I need to use, and I am happy! I never do laundry on vacation, however my DSIL does, so knowing that a small container will last the week is making him happy!

YUP! And I add bleach to my whites - color me crazy.

I cannot! I have well water, and the bleach makes my whiles turn "rusty"

Anyway, I would never use something that would ruin an appliance that did not belong to me, so the conversation was very productive. I am glad that it came up in advance of our OKW stay.

Just back from 11 nights at OKW so I thought I’d do a recap of the resort here in case it helps anyone.
We arrived at MCO @ 8:35am so I had no hope of our room being ready. On our way by means of ME by 9:08 and at 9:28 received the text saying our room was ready! Our request was Turtle Pond area and we were assigned building 42. 2BR unit 4223.
We requested this area as we had stayed here in the past. We like access to the Turtle Shack. Our room was refurbished and although my husband and I really noticed the lack of a true Key West theme(and missed it) the younger people in our party just LOVED it!
This location was perfect for us. Slight (<3 min.) walk to the bus, but even shorter walk to the quiet pool or to refill our mugs. Slight traffic noise from our porch and the pool area. Not as annoying as the helicopters that fly over the resort nonstop.
Ventured up to the main pool several times. Pool activities there were well run and lots of fun. Community Hall staff wonderful as always.
Ate at Olivias for dinner. Delicious of course. Had CS food at both locations and the menu was good enough for the 8 of us. For those who use the mugs during our stay they removed the Pomegranate Lemonade from the machines. Not sure if it’s permanent.

Had drinks at both the Turtle Shack and Gurgling Suitcase.

Definitely drink at/from the GS much more alcohol in those drinks!!

Just back from 11 nights at OKW so I thought I’d do a recap of the resort here in case it helps anyone.
We arrived at MCO @ 8:35am so I had no hope of our room being ready. On our way by means of ME by 9:08 and at 9:28 received the text saying our room was ready! Our request was Turtle Pond area and we were assigned building 42. 2BR unit 4223.
We requested this area as we had stayed here in the past. We like access to the Turtle Shack. Our room was refurbished and although my husband and I really noticed the lack of a true Key West theme(and missed it) the younger people in our party just LOVED it!
This location was perfect for us. Slight (<3 min.) walk to the bus, but even shorter walk to the quiet pool or to refill our mugs. Slight traffic noise from our porch and the pool area. Not as annoying as the helicopters that fly over the resort nonstop.
Ventured up to the main pool several times. Pool activities there were well run and lots of fun. Community Hall staff wonderful as always.
Ate at Olivias for dinner. Delicious of course. Had CS food at both locations and the menu was good enough for the 8 of us. For those who use the mugs during our stay they removed the Pomegranate Lemonade from the machines. Not sure if it’s permanent.

Had drinks at both the Turtle Shack and Gurgling Suitcase.

Definitely drink at/from the GS much more alcohol in those drinks!!

Was there a non soda choice?

At the Turtle Shack there was lemonade as a replacement and they still had blue Powerade.

At Goods in addition to the above they had the separate things of sweetened and unsweetened tea.

Back to fun OKW stuff. I believe we are in the single digits. Hoping the increase in OKW on social media doesn't mess with my room requests. So many newcomers (not members) wanting a 'refurbished room ' above else. I want my favorite location (which happens to be in the exalted refurbished area) after 25 years of being a member.
I hope I can still get an unrefurbished studio in December.

Not OKW specific but over on the MNSSHP thread - they are organizing for DVC members to take random people in with them for the DVC early entry perk. I don't think that is cool. A fast way to have perks taken away.

Is that thread being monitored or moderated because it's a discussion of circumventing Disney rules?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter