Old Refrigerator

That was the type of refrigerator when I was young too. Then a new one came along and that one was moved to the basement where it countinued to run for decades more. When finally disposed of, it was still working, though I wouldn’t want to have to vouch for its efficiency!

We had a similar fridge, but ours was a Norge. It said "NORGE" in big metal letters on the front, that's why I remembered the brand. I also remember my Mom putting pot after pot after pot of hot water in the small freezer compartment to defrost it when it go too icy. We also had the old metal ice cube trays with the lever.

I worked for public housing and let me tell you they weigh a million pounds, and if people still had one (they last forever) they kept them in there basement, and when they moved, they left them there, and yours truly got to lug them out

We had 1 too until about 1970. I still remember how excited mom was to get a fridge with a bigger freezer on top that did not have to be defrosted.

Yep, that's what my mother liked best when we got a new refrigerator. Separate freezer door on top and no defrosting.

I don't know how old that model was when my parents discarded it. They were not ones to needlessly replace things, so I guess it either conked out completely or the cost of repairing it wasn't worth it.

We had a similar one until I was 16 until the door fell off. I had just started working at Sears after school, so I bought my parents a new one with my discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter