"Once Upon a Dream" 4 Night Dream Cruise 10/16/2011

DisMeet Time and Place?

• Atrium embark day at 3:00PM before the muster drill

• D Bar at 3:00PM embark day

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 more week! :woohoo: I can't wait! I will be finished packing by tomorrow. I know some of you have been done for a while. LOL I am so excited! It will be nice meeting everyone. :)

Hope everyone has safe travels.

Does anyone know what time we have to be back onboard at Nassau? I've seen times as early as 6pm and as late as 2am.. Hoping for something closer to 2am :banana:

I think it is around 6, but I know sometimes they stay in port late so the employees can hang out.

1 more week! :woohoo: I can't wait! I will be finished packing by tomorrow. I know some of you have been done for a while. LOL I am so excited! It will be nice meeting everyone. :)

You too!

I think it is around 6, but I know sometimes they stay in port late so the employees can hang out.

Yep it's either 6 or 7 but on my two previous cruises they stayed in port til 2 am to give their crew some R&R time.

3 more Days til WDW for me:banana:

I have some sand buckets to pack. I forgot to mail them to the ship lol

Hello everyone,
Just found this board, silly me, and we are joining you for our first cruise in honor of my son's 12th birthday. (He actually turns on Oct 13, don't tell!)
Looking forward to being on the Dream with all of you!

:welcome: Better late than never!

You too! We're heading out about 4am -- less than 24 hours. :yay: I'm still a little under the weather so we stayed home from church this morning. Trying to rest and finish up all the last minute details.

In case I don't get back on here - yeah, right :rolleyes1 - praying you all have safe travels! See you on the 16th in the Atrium!!:grouphug:

Kristen

I'm excited to watch the Dream sail away today on portcanaveralwebcam.com. I'll be watching knowing that the next time it sails for a four night cruise we will be on it!! :yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::cheer2:

I am a little worried about the weather forecast but I am going to have faith that it will be clear sailing for us, esp. on CC day! pixiedust:

I guess if it rains though that's one more reason to book another cruise huh? ;)

Safe travels to all who are heading down soon or have already left!

Well we made it !! :cool1: It's been raining off and on since we got here early this afternoon. Today was just a settle in day, so it doesn't matter. We have tickets to MNSSHP for tomorrow night and that's not looking so good:sad2: Good news for everyone traveling later this week. The forecast for later this week and into next weekend is good :cheer2: Not a great day for the sail away party today - there's been a big blotch of red and yellow on the radar all afternoon. All the ditches are filled with water, lots of palm branches down. The news tonight showed a guy wakeboarding in a ditch being pulled by a pick-up truck - not something you see everyday.

Safe travels as everyone makes their way down here. A week from right now, we'll be on our way to Nassau :banana:

I'm excited to watch the Dream sail away today on portcanaveralwebcam.com. I'll be watching knowing that the next time it sails for a four night cruise we will be on it!! :yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::cheer2:

I am a little worried about the weather forecast but I am going to have faith that it will be clear sailing for us, esp. on CC day! pixiedust:

I guess if it rains though that's one more reason to book another cruise huh? ;)

We have friends on the cruise that leaves today (Oct 9th) and we thought we would watch the webcam to send them off. It's 8:46 PM and they are still in port!

We have friends on the cruise that leaves today (Oct 9th) and we thought we would watch the webcam to send them off. It's 8:46 PM and they are still in port!

Oh Dear! I just looked at the Web Cam and it looks like they're still there. :eek: Hoping there will be a break in the weather so they can leave tonight for Nassau.

You too!
Yep it's either 6 or 7 but on my two previous cruises they stayed in port til 2 am to give their crew some R&R time.

3 more Days til WDW for me:banana:

I have some sand buckets to pack. I forgot to mail them to the ship lol

So exciting! We leave in 4 days. I can't believe the day is almost here. Feels GREAT!

You too! We're heading out about 4am -- less than 24 hours. :yay: I'm still a little under the weather so we stayed home from church this morning. Trying to rest and finish up all the last minute details.

In case I don't get back on here - yeah, right :rolleyes1 - praying you all have safe travels! See you on the 16th in the Atrium!!:grouphug:

Kristen

LUCKY! Awesome! I hope you feel better soon. See you on the 16th! :)

I was worried about the weather too. Not anymore, being on the Dream is going to be awesome, rain can't ruin that. Enjoy every moment, rain/shine/cloudy! ;) I will use it as an "excuse" to book another cruise. GREAT idea. :) Hope you have a safe trip too. We leave on Friday.

Well we made it !! :cool1: It's been raining off and on since we got here early this afternoon. Today was just a settle in day, so it doesn't matter. We have tickets to MNSSHP for tomorrow night and that's not looking so good:sad2: Good news for everyone traveling later this week. The forecast for later this week and into next weekend is good :cheer2: Not a great day for the sail away party today - there's been a big blotch of red and yellow on the radar all afternoon. All the ditches are filled with water, lots of palm branches down. The news tonight showed a guy wakeboarding in a ditch being pulled by a pick-up truck - not something you see everyday.

Safe travels as everyone makes their way down here. A week from right now, we'll be on our way to Nassau :banana:

Happy to hear you made it! Hope you have a GREAT time. Sorry to hear about the weather, hopefully it clears up some.

The weather forcast for the week keeps getting better. Our sail away day is still marked as clear weather:banana:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/The+Walt+Disney+World+Resort+FL+USFL0615

We leave Wednesday! Here's wishing safe travels for everyone!

That is GREAT to see. It looked pretty bad a few days ago. Need to bring my poncho. See you soon.

Hope everyone has a safe, and fun trip. See you soon. :)

Kristen[/Q

Welcome! Sound like a fun birthday party!!!

I turn 40 on Wednesday and will be celebrating on the Dream too! Wish it was 12 instead of 40 though!
Have a great trip:cheer2:

Hoping everyone has safe travels and enjoys their time before the Cruise! I'm not worrying about the weather...because no matter what--the Cruise will be awesome and there will be plenty to do and eat! LOL! :cloud9: Downloading books to my Kindle as we speak!

sherlovesmickey :bday:
:welcome: to all the new people!

Now if Saturday would just get here! :dumbo: See everyone on Sunday!

I am done packing! :yay: I do have two questions. How many days will you be gone and how many outfits did you pack? LOL I have read, that you should take 1/2 of the clothes you plan on bringing. At the moment I have 12 outfits (4 pairs of pants w/tops, 4 pairs of shorts w/tops, 2 Capri's w/tops, pirate costume, 1 dress, and a couple extra shirts, that I can swap with my pants/capri's/shorts). Is that too much? We will be gone for 10 days. Thanks! I am ready to go! Can't wait until Friday! :)

I am done packing! :yay: I do have two questions. How many days will you be gone and how many outfits did you pack? LOL I have read, that you should take 1/2 of the clothes you plan on bringing. At the moment I have 12 outfits (4 pairs of pants w/tops, 4 pairs of shorts w/tops, 2 Capri's w/tops, pirate costume, 1 dress, and a couple extra shirts, that I can swap with my pants/capri's/shorts). Is that too much? We will be gone for 10 days. Thanks! I am ready to go! Can't wait until Friday! :)

You would think we are gonna be gone for 2 years lol! Remember to leave room in your suitcase for suvies! We are gone for 12 days too. I am using the pants a few times and have our Palo attire plus my youngest DD's clothes packed in our suitcase.
12 outfits sound about right!
We plan on washing some clothes at either the resort or on the ship.

Not sure I'm the best person to provide advice on clothes because I just upped the size of my suitcase! LOL! :rotfl: I am leaving on Saturday (Oct 15) and returning Thurs (Oct 20)--So 5 nights and 6 days. I honestly think 12 outfits for 10 days is good. Just think of how hot and humid it will be and how you'll want to change your clothes more often on those days! I am bringing 4 outfits for Dinners (one nice dress/one casual sundress, 2 capris/4 tops), 3 casual outfits (3 pairs of shorts/tops), and three pairs of shoes (which is a miracle for me!)! :)

We will be gone 8 days and I think all of my clothes are packed. I just have enough left in my closet to get me through the rest of the week. :lmao:

I am a notorious overpacker.

You would think we are gonna be gone for 2 years lol! Remember to leave room in your suitcase for suvies! We are gone for 12 days too. I am using the pants a few times and have our Palo attire plus my youngest DD's clothes packed in our suitcase.
12 outfits sound about right!
We plan on washing some clothes at either the resort or on the ship.
Thanks, I wasn't sure what to bring, or what I would "feel" like wearing. It took me 2 hours to get my clothes together (trying everything on). I am sure I will end up re-wearing certain things, especially depending on the weather. It is suppose to be nice and cool in FL during the night, reason I brought more pants. I also plan on washing when/if needed.
Not sure I'm the best person to provide advice on clothes because I just upped the size of my suitcase! LOL! :rotfl: I am leaving on Saturday (Oct 15) and returning Thurs (Oct 20)--So 5 nights and 6 days. I honestly think 12 outfits for 10 days is good. Just think of how hot and humid it will be and how you'll want to change your clothes more often on those days! I am bringing 4 outfits for Dinners (one nice dress/one casual sundress, 2 capris/4 tops), 3 casual outfits (3 pairs of shorts/tops), and three pairs of shoes (which is a miracle for me!)! :)
LOL Great, sounds like I didn't pack too much. We have a large Samsonite hard suitcase. I can fit a lot in there. LOL Funny thing is, before packing, I asked my husband what do we need, he said "no offense honey, but you are more high maintenance than I am", packing his stuff, he has just as much as I do....5 pairs of shorts/5 shirts, 4 pairs of pants/4 shirts, 2 dress pants/2 dress shirts and his pirate costume (12 total). He even packed more shoes than me, I couldn't fit them in our "shoe" bag, so I put what was REALLY needed. LOL
We will be gone 8 days and I think all of my clothes are packed. I just have enough left in my closet to get me through the rest of the week. :lmao:
I am a notorious overpacker.
I have everything packed too. Happy I have clothes left over to wear before we leave. I can thank losing 56 lbs for that! I have been buying transitional clothes for months. ;) GREAT to hear I didn't overpack. I love clothes (now). :)

Our time is almost here. :cheer2: I am SO excited. Did anyone already plan their next cruise? Hope everyone has a GREAT day. :)

Hey, Does anyone know if they have flotation devices at Castaway Cay for adults. I believe snorkel vests are provided. I am not a strong swimmer but enjoy snorkeling and was wondering if I should bring a vest.

Let me know what you guys think. Five more days!!!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter