Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

When I went to Mickey's Not So Scary at Disney World, they said that we could enter 3 hours before starting time. They actually let us in an extra 15 minutes before that. Do they adhere to 3 PM at OBB or have they opened up earlier in the past?

I read somewhere to be at the gate at 2:30 pm because they allow folks in a little early (similar to MNSSHP). Hope it’s true!

Last edited:
Yes!! We made that mistake last year. I decided to wait for the second parade on recommendations from everyone and hit the cars ride while the first one was going on. BIGGEST mistake of the entire night. We wasted an hour and a half in line for the ride and then the second parade was canceled. My little one was devastated. Needless to say we’ll be at the first one this year and maybe the second one too if he wants to 😂😂.
RSR was a 1 1/2 hour wait during the party? Wow!

We ordered these from ShopDisney last week for our Halloween trip because they were super cute. We just got them today and the sizing is so off :sad:. I ordered a XL so it would fit a lot bigger for layers in the evening and it fits like a medium lol The other sizes are off as well.

The tag also doesn't say Disney Store or Disney so I'm guessing it's from a different company just selling under the ShopDisney site. It's just funny to compare to the purple Disney100 sweatshirts from the parks. We had to size down in those and they were still so big. Just to compare against these, they look massive lol

1689356600382.png

We ordered these from ShopDisney last week for our Halloween trip because they were super cute. We just got them today and the sizing is so off :sad:. I ordered a XL so it would fit a lot bigger for layers in the evening and it fits like a medium lol The other sizes are off as well.

The tag also doesn't say Disney Store or Disney so I'm guessing it's from a different company just selling under the ShopDisney site. It's just funny to compare to the purple Disney100 sweatshirts from the parks. We had to size down in those and they were still so big. Just to compare against these, they look massive lol

View attachment 777594
Just FYI, it’s often boiling hot in September and October, warm even at night. Sometimes we do get lucky with some cooler weather but if I’m planning for clothing in Sept/October I always default to summer clothes.

Just FYI, it’s often boiling hot in September and October, warm even at night. Sometimes we do get lucky with some cooler weather but if I’m planning for clothing in Sept/October I always default to summer clothes.
We've been going in September or October for years, and it will be super hot during the day but we still always end up freezing at night for some reason. I think because even though the temp doesn't drop too significantly, the humidity in the air makes it feel cooler than what it really is to us. Especially if we're siting in one spot for the fireworks or eating outside.

It's funny because in December, we'll bring our heavy down parka, UGG boots, hand warmers and mittens then see a bunch of people in shorts and tshirts just going about their business while we're shivering. The only thing we can think of is that we're just not used to any humidity (we live in a dry climate) so it amplifies the temp one way or another for us.

Edited: I also just realized I'm writing this from under a heated blanket and we don't even have the air on lol

This made me chuckle 🤣 The starter bag they give you will be pretty much filled at the end of the first treat trail. The advice to bring a much larger bag to carry all your treats was the best advice I followed last year. There’s definitely no treat shortage. The picture is missing all the fridge stuff (apples, grape, goyurts, etc)
We’re no strangers to the candy! We’ve been to MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom 3 times and my 3 kids always bring their school backpacks and fill them up. I was curious if they give you the starter bag with a full size M&M and some smaller candies like they do at MNSSHP.

I know my daughter has the same plan for Oogie Boogie that she’s done at MNSSHP. We tend to wait until later to get candy so we don’t have to carry so much around all night. We got into a line 5 minutes before MNSSHP ended and they were still bringing out more candy to dump into the barrels. She walked right up to a CM with her bookbag wide open and he just filled the entire thing up for her on the spot. She then looked at me and said “My night is complete we can go now” 🤣🤣

We’re no strangers to the candy! We’ve been to MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom 3 times and my 3 kids always bring their school backpacks and fill them up. I was curious if they give you the starter bag with a full size M&M and some smaller candies like they do at MNSSHP.

I know my daughter has the same plan for Oogie Boogie that she’s done at MNSSHP. We tend to wait until later to get candy so we don’t have to carry so much around all night. We got into a line 5 minutes before MNSSHP ended and they were still bringing out more candy to dump into the barrels. She walked right up to a CM with her bookbag wide open and he just filled the entire thing up for her on the spot. She then looked at me and said “My night is complete we can go now” 🤣🤣
Last time on the way out of the park they were passing out full size candies too until they were gone. But ya, you just get a small empty tiny bag when you check in to the party.

Last time on the way out of the park they were passing out full size candies too until they were gone. But ya, you just get a small empty tiny bag when you check in to the party.
Gotcha! Just wasn’t sure if there were any perks to getting the starter bag.

When I went to Mickey's Not So Scary at Disney World, they said that we could enter 3 hours before starting time. They actually let us in an extra 15 minutes before that. Do they adhere to 3 PM at OBB or have they opened up earlier in the past?
I can confirm that I got in about 15 minutes earlier one night.

If they have trouble selling their tix it most definitely will have an effect on them if they are left holding a stack of tickets... or at least have a hassle of selling them elsewhere instead of an easy eBay transaction. Who's side are you on anyway.? ;)
Not sure where the snkman went, but here is what happens when we all report the listings on eBay. ;)

I saw this on the Oogie Boogie page. Does anyone know what it refers to?

“Magic Key holders, stay tuned for additional details on a special offering during event nights.”

Yes there are. Also your photopass is only valid for party time (6pm) not mix in/early entrance time.
thank you, we plan on purchasing the week long photopass as we have 5 park days anyway.
I've been to MNSSHP many times and never got anything other than the empty bag like at OBB.
We always have a backpack with us to off load some candy.

thank you, we plan on purchasing the week long photopass as we have 5 park days anyway.

I've been to MNSSHP many times and never got anything other than the empty bag like at OBB.
We always have a backpack with us to off load some candy.
We always got there right at 4. If you enter and have to be redirected through the bypass because of a parade coming down Main Street, we always got the bag with a little candy. I would see cast members handing out bags in random spots afterwards and those would be empty.

Does anyone happen to know what time they cut off the Sanderson sisters' line at last year's parties?

That was given out at the end of a dedicated treat trail though, with full sized candy bars (at least when we went). I know the full size is important for some. ;)

It's the same wording every year about a "special offering for MKs/APs". It's been a lot of random things, but it's always a special trail with some sort of treat/giveaway

ETA: although if remember correctly one year it was replaced with a special photo op 🫠. People were not happy waiting in a long line just for that lol. That's back when it was MHP at DL. So I guess not always when Disney decided to cheap out on us lol

Fingers crossed it's at least not a photo op again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter