Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

From eBay's Event tickets policy for sellers:

From eBay's Money Back Guarantee as far as whether or not a listing is covered:

In all of those cases, eBay is clear that the buyer must deal with the seller first before filing a dispute. The user's own story said they hadn't completed communication with the seller before they talked to eBay. (That's partly why I doubt the veracity of that story - eBay should have told them to deal with the seller before telling them that they were out of luck.)

If that story is real, that user should follow eBay's actual dispute policy and try again - and appeal if they have to, which they have 30 days to do.

At this point, eBay is fully aware that OBB ticket sales are verboten. It shouldn't matter if the tickets were electronically-transferred - they shouldn't have been sold in the first place. And, per their own policy, the sold tickets are no longer valid. Hence, buyer should be refunded.

It actually doesn't matter to eBay if the seller got a refund from Disney. The situation would be the same if Disney cancelled the tickets and didn't offer a refund to the seller. The buyer's refund is unrelated to that.

Side note: PayPal's Seller Protection says it "can" cover ticket sales - it's unclear as to when it doesn't.

Some ticket sellers have complained that it doesn't cover sellers. There are a bunch of posts from sellers complaining that a buyer disputed a sale and PayPal reversed it without any recourse, despite proof of delivery.

Correct, selling tickets on eBay is actually a huge risk to the SELLER, not the buyer, as is everything on eBay. The buyer can simply say the ticket didn't work, and get their money back. The golden rule is always "dont' sell anything on eBay you aren't willing to lose".

All these stories of cancelled tickets seem sus.

I'm to believe that Disney and Ebay are sharing username and address info with each other to connect the dots of resales?

Seems illegal. And for what, ultimately? Let people steal thousands of dollars from others, selling tickets that they have taken back from them?

I just don't buy it.
Why would they have to share info, Disney doesn't even need to contact eBay whatsoever. All they have to do is purchase the tix. ;)

Why would they have to share info, Disney doesn't even need to contact eBay whatsoever. All they have to do is purchase the tix. ;)
I can't believe Disney is buying tickets, then telling the seller "SURPRISE" it's me, Disney, and I'm nullifying these tickets AND asking ebay to get my money back from you.

My God, in the Workd we live in where damn near every ticket is sxalped, you think Disney will screw buyers over like that. On tickets they make TOTALLY unrefundavle?

I can't believe Disney is buying tickets, then telling the seller "SURPRISE" it's me, Disney, and I'm nullifying these tickets AND asking ebay to get my money back from you.

My God, in the Workd we live in where damn near every ticket is sxalped, you think Disney will screw buyers over like that. On tickets they make TOTALLY unrefundavle?
Yes, maybe, i'm not sure. lol

All these stories of cancelled tickets seem sus.

I'm to believe that Disney and Ebay are sharing username and address info with each other to connect the dots of resales?

Seems illegal. And for what, ultimately? Let people steal thousands of dollars from others, selling tickets that they have taken back from them?

I just don't buy it.
MANY years ago I purchased Grand Final tickets for the NRL here in Australia. My team lost in the Semi Finals so I didn't want the tickets anymore.
I put them on eBay hoping to get my money back, but what I should have done was put them on as "buy it now" for what I paid - I didn't realise at the time (because it was like 20 years ago before reslling became a "thing") I sold them at auction for a bit more than I paid.
Within days I was contacted by ticketek and told my tickets were null and void.
There is no way they knew who I was unless eBay gave them my info - I did not post a pic of the tickets or anything so how did they know it was me??

I refunded the buyer and took the loss as you would.

Apparently the rule was at the time that you could sell them for "face value" but once you made any profit - they were considered void.

MANY years ago I purchased Grand Final tickets for the NRL here in Australia. My team lost in the Semi Finals so I didn't want the tickets anymore.
I put them on eBay hoping to get my money back, but what I should have done was put them on as "buy it now" for what I paid - I didn't realise at the time (because it was like 20 years ago before reslling became a "thing") I sold them at auction for a bit more than I paid.
There is no way they knew who I was unless eBay gave them my info - I did not post a pic of the tickets or anything so how did they know it was me??

Apparently the rule was at the time that you could sell them for "face value" but once you made any profit - they were considered void.
Sorry, don't believe this. No ticket number in auction, no name associated with auction. 20 years ago?

Cool story, bro.

Maybe they were the ones that bought them?

Sorry, don't believe this. No ticket number in auction, no name associated with auction. 20 years ago?

Cool story, bro.
@rastuso (snkrman?) - it's understandable to be worried about the tickets that you are reselling getting nullified by Disney (I make that assumption based on doth protest too much). People can tell you up and down that it is, in fact, happening but maybe it's hard to believe when you don't have the first hand experience. Just don't say people didn't warn you!

@rastuso (snkrman?) - it's understandable to be worried about the tickets that you are reselling getting nullified by Disney (I make that assumption based on doth protest too much). People can tell you up and down that it is, in fact, happening but maybe it's hard to believe when you don't have the first hand experience. Just don't say people didn't warn you!
I've got 3 tickets, for ME and my family. That's it. I don't scalp tickets online, as the seller has NO protection, unless they are digital tickets being resold through Ticketmaster.

But these stories of Disney, and others, magically being able to connect dots between different websites, all with separate data, and data privacy, is comical.

Unless you folks WANT Disney to know everything you do on eBay and Amazon, et al. If eBay IS doing this, I'd think sooner or later they will get sued for sharing data they aren't supposed to.

But hey, you guys think a complete lack of privacy online is cool.

I've got 3 tickets, for ME and my family. That's it. I don't scalp tickets online, as the seller has NO protection, unless they are digital tickets being resold through Ticketmaster.

But these stories of Disney, and others, magically being able to connect dots between different websites, all with separate data, and data privacy, is comical.

Unless you folks WANT Disney to know everything you do on eBay and Amazon, et al. If eBay IS doing this, I'd think sooner or later they will get sued for sharing data they aren't supposed to.

But hey, you guys think a complete lack of privacy online is cool.
Did you have to give them your personal info to purchase the tix or no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter