Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I’m getting do excited for Sunday and am hoping the cooler temps stick around! I’m from AZ though so anything under 100 is cool for us!
Just be aware it is the humidity that is killing me. It isn't hot degree wise but the humidity is gross. Still having the time of my life, I just look terrible! Bright red, sweaty and fuzzy hair! Ha!

I went Sunday and if those are your two priorties as character meets, I definitely agree about doing the Sanderson sisters first. Like, get in line by 5:30 for sure., because they stay pretty busy through the night. Bruno's line seemed to fluctuate the couple times I was over near him, and definitely shorter closer to the end of the night. (And probably during the parade too, but I was watching the first parade so I can't say. But I walked past him immediately after the 1st parade and it was manageable then, so I would assume that.)
Thank you!

We didn't do any character meets other than Mater. Lines were just too long. And we only did treat trails with character viewing. I think your plan sounds good. We passed Bruno after 2nd parade and his line was doable.
Thank you!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

The humidity was so bad during our trip 9/10-9/12! Luckily our OBB day on 9/12 was the coolest day so it was manageable by sundown but wow, it didn’t feel anything like the dry heat I am used to when going to DL. We were so sweaty and gross every day!

Sounds like Sid’s trail stays super busy, the nice thing about his queue is that you can hear/see him for most of the queue so if you don’t need to get a picture with him, I’d hop in the queue and then maybe hop out at a switchback to save some time. Agree it was a terrible bottleneck back there so avoid that area unless you’re doing the trail.

Same with Ernesto, the queue was like a horseshoe with him in the middle and so anyone could hop into the middle section outside the queue and take photos/videos…if those trails have long queues you can just sneak your photos/listen from afar and then do a non-villain trail a few times for more candy. I wouldn’t waste 20+ minutes in a trail queue again since I wasn’t interested in selfies or anything, a flyby photo was fine for me. I think for the rest of the trails, the villains were more hidden so you really had to go through most/all of the trail to see them. Cruella and Yokai you could probably see from a distance but not as close as Sid/Ernesto without doing the trail.

Can someone comment on how the park exit is working after the party? Last year, we exited out to the GCH by Villain's Grove, at the end of the party (we were staying at the GCH). This year, we are either staying at the GCH or PPH. I have seen mixed reports on those two exits (the PPH and the one by the Grove) being open at the end of the party, one or both possibly closing before the end of the party? Can anyone confirm this for this year?

I also have an exit question. This party will SUPER late for my 8-year-old especially on a school night. I'd like to expedite our return taking the tram back to the parking structure and getting out of there to get home as we have a 45-minute drive back to our house.

Should we duck out of the party at 10:30 or 10:45? Would that make it easier to grab a tram and exit the parking structure? The last thing I want is to burn up time waiting for the tram or getting stuck in backed-up traffic leaving the parking structure.

We did 2nd parade dessert party. It must have ended around 10:30 or so. Right after it was done we hustled to see Sid and ended up watching him a bit. He was our favorite interaction of the night. Ernesto was great too. Judge Doom just sat in his chair, we wanted to see him dip his shoe, as did other people, but no luck and he was crowded so it took awhile. Oogie was great but his handlers were aggressively hurrying everyone up. We had to practically sprint past him. After Sid we walked past Grove and then did our parcel pickup and walked out of the gates at 1105.
Good to hear, I've got Trade Sam's reservations at 10:50 and am hoping to do the second parade and book it over there in time, lol

Can someone comment on how the park exit is working after the party? Last year, we exited out to the GCH by Villain's Grove, at the end of the party (we were staying at the GCH). This year, we are either staying at the GCH or PPH. I have seen mixed reports on those two exits (the PPH and the one by the Grove) being open at the end of the party, one or both possibly closing before the end of the party? Can anyone confirm this for this year?
Also would love some feedback on this and some info on when they actually exit. The year I was there with a party we were the tail ones out (so maybe 11:05 or something) but cast members were ushering people towards the front gates and GCH exit was blocked off.

If I can use that exit if I get to it at 10:45 or something I totally am willing to lose a few minutes to the party to save 15 to 20 minutes routing all the way through the front gate to then just circle all the way back to DLH.

I'm surprised to hear that the humidity was/is so bothersome for people! We live in a very dry climate and I am pretty sensitive to humidity but we didn't have an issue with it this trip, thankfully. I did hear another woman mentioning it being humid to a CM while waiting for Alice, so maybe we are just becoming more acclimated to it. My hair was a little more poofy than normal but I also attribute that to washing and going. I ain't got no time to style when there are rides to be ridden! haha

I'm surprised to hear that the humidity was/is so bothersome for people! We live in a very dry climate and I am pretty sensitive to humidity but we didn't have an issue with it this trip, thankfully. I did hear another woman mentioning it being humid to a CM while waiting for Alice, so maybe we are just becoming more acclimated to it. My hair was a little more poofy than normal but I also attribute that to washing and going. I ain't got no time to style when there are rides to be ridden! haha

I'm from a dry climate, so the humidity is unusual. However, I've also vacationed in the Caribbean, Hawaii & Florida where the humidity can be so much worse, so I was fine with the humidity in Anaheim this past weekend. What I was shocked by were the mosquitos! I had just recovered from mosquito bites I got from a trip to the Southern US last month and now I have 4 good size ones on my right leg from Disneyland. Have definitely never had mosquito bites at Disneyland! Other than that, I thought the weather was perfect (I was there Friday night, all day Saturday & Sun for OBB). I brought a sweater but never needed it, and I never got overheated because it was warm but overcast.

My one mistake was thinking that I could straighten my hair on Saturday morning before I went to DLR. Nope. Was nice and poofy real quick. But that's what scrunchies are for!

DH and I left Oogie Boogie a little early but the people at the Villain's Grove entrance to GCH were already talking about closing. Out of curiosity we asked what time they close and they said 11.

I’ve been multiple times in September and we’ve had perfect weather twice, super humid weather three times and once it was around 107 and miserable. One time it got so cold our last night we had to buy hoodies! I’m definitely packing multiple options to wear!

• Disney Villain's Dance Party: This is such a fun and unique experience in Tomorrowland. Adults and kids alike joined in to dance with the Villain's. One of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine dance to Ballroom Blitz on stage hahahaha! Where else can you get something like that? We also saw Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Cruella, and Maleficent. So fun and high energy.
Does this take place near where Jedi training used to be? What time does it start?

Does this take place near where Jedi training used to be? What time does it start?
Yes!! It's in the same area. I believe it starts at 7pm and goes until 11pm. They take breaks in there, so if they are not out when you stop by wait a bit and they should have more villain's out.

I know some people who went to a recent Bash that used tickets they bought online second hand. No problems.

-R
Three people also reported that their tickets were taken off their app because of suspected fraud from ticket resales when they called Disney. Some people get lucky by breaking the rules, others are not so lucky. :confused3

I’ve got to believe they are showing up in auction sites or being resold multiple times and maybe being added to multiple apps/accounts?

There likely are a number that are gifted to friends and family, maybe raffles from charity events or something, etc. Disney must be putting some extra criteria on this to determine things.

Wow, one of the biggest companies in the world stealing tickets from people for "suspected" things?

Sounds like a lawsuit opportunity.
Not theft if they broke the rules that are clearly stated when purchasing the tickets and are also printed directly on the email/tickets. Disney as a private entity has the authority to revoke tickets for suspected fraud and mishandling of their product, and people agree to abide by Disney's policies when they make the purchase.

Kind of like people speeding on the interstate. Many people will get away with going 90 in a 75mph zone, but all it takes is one careless driving ticket and citation for excessive speed for your license to potentially be suspended or revoked. Lots of people take that risk, but I like driving so prefer to obey the rules that I agreed to when applying for my driver's license. Just like I enjoy attending the parties and going to Disneyland so I tend to follow their policies.

That would be a fun lawsuit to watch, though. Disney's legal team would crush the plaintiff on that frivolous lawsuit.

I’ve got to believe they are showing up in auction sites or being resold multiple times and maybe being added to multiple apps/accounts?

There likely are a number that are gifted to friends and family, maybe raffles from charity events or something, etc. Disney must be putting some extra criteria on this to determine things.
It was something about their ticket being "compromised" and resold and so Disney revoked the whole lot that was purchased with it on that transaction and stated they would not be refunded or given back their tickets. They said they didn't resell them, but I think there is more to the story. There were a few other similar stories, but one admitted to reselling and Disney somehow caught/flagged the tickets.

I love all these "stories". Very creative, and just enough info that they MIGHT be real, but ultimately totally unprovable.

And, of course, any group being told their $500+ ticketa might be fake, so scram, we're stealing them, would just leave with their tall twixt their legs and not say a word.

Or put a video online about it.
Gods, just stop.

I love all these "stories". Very creative, and just enough info that they MIGHT be real, but ultimately totally unprovable.

And, of course, any group being told their $500+ ticketa might be fake, so scram, we're stealing them, would just leave with their tall twixt their legs and not say a word.

Or put a video online about it.
Oh. It’s you again. 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter