Oops...

Other than the vacation issue, our families are pretty okay. My Mom and DH's Mom live 2 hours and 2 1/2 hours from us so we don't really have the visiting issue. Plus, my brother lives in the same town as my Mom and she still probably sees me more than him. My sister-in-law lives with my MIL so not an issue there either. DS is an only child and an only grandchild on both sides of the family so he's spoiled on all sides, but since it's only him it's not an issue. DH's Mom treats me just like DH and his sister and she doesn't intrude in our lives (except vacations!!!!!) so we've got a pretty good family. DH isn't overly fond of my Mom, but that's not because she butts in or says anything, it's just a personality thing.

The "favorite" thing is so not fair in families. I was the only girl on my Dad's side of the family so my grandmother showed clear favoritism to me whenever we visited. I was so uncomfortable with it and hated it when we'd go visit.

Families are SO crazy! My parents are wonderful, but sometimes that makes it a little sticky, too, because DH can see even more that his aren't, if that makes any sense.

I can't remember who said it earlier, but we all just need to move to the same town, and be built-in friends/family/support system for each other!!! :grouphug:

I completely understand that! Because that is how it is for DH and I.

And so.... where are we all moving to???:yay:

Move to my house.
I have twenty-five acres I can divide up into smaller lots. We can have a DIScommune.

i'm all for that AWM! how nice of you to let us have our Dis-commune on your land!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter