Oops...

SIOH- Thanks for being nice! I only use the good pics in the CJs :lmao:

Have you all seen that commercial for the coffee on TV? The one where the MIL is saying to the DIL, "you can't make coffee without a pot", and "my son doesn't drink coffee"...then the DIL lays it on her with "Well he does now...more coffee MOM" :rotfl2: OMG, cracks me up every time!!

OH, and DS and I saw the one about the woman with the really big turkey...and it's in the sink, and way too heavy for this little woman...and she drops it on the floor, picks it up, then tried to get it in the sink again, and ends up throwing too hard and it goes out the window, and hits her DH in the head out in the yard? OMG OMG OMG...breath....OMG OMG OMG...it was on Food Network last night... DS16 and I were :rotfl2: :lmao: :happytv: WAY too funny!!

deb my ds LOVES that commercial with the turkey flying out the window. he just laughs so hard with that one. i have not seen it this year yet.

if we're makeing a smackage list can we add my sis to that!?

nobody, but nobody better mess with SIOLB!! you tell them I said so!!!!

The turkey commercial is hilarious.

All I can say is that I am so grateful to have all of you to vent to about everything! All my frustrations with DH's family concerning my kids and the way they are acting about the 2 new babies coming into the family in the spring just spilled out last night. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. He supports me, but I felt bad for him because I wasn't very nice about his family. I need to stick with venting to you guys. Love you guys!!! :hug:

Yep, it's easier to vent to us...because DH's become protective to their families (as they should I guess...).. DH didn't start getting snippy w/ his family till a few years ago when he witnessed them calling me his EX wife's name...and then heard them saying they were doing it to be spitefull!

We got a nasty email last night stating how ungrateful we were not willing to host Thanksgiving... DH sent a very nice note back stating that we don't know we were needing to host Thanksgiving and since it's next week and there had been no contact we had already made plans and would not be changing them... He got an email back telling him how wrong he is for putting his kids first!!! Oh well... I guess when MIL never put her own kids first than she'll never be able to understand why we put our kids first....

I grumbled to DH about his family last night too! His Mom and sister just invited themselves to join us on our vacation to Montana we are planning for the summer of 2010. We are going hiking for most of the trip this time. They can't hike which means we'd spend the whole trip just driving around looking at the scenery. I cannot stay couped up in a car with them for days on end! :scared1: I told DH there was no way they are going with us and it wasn't personal against his family, I couldn't do it with my family either. So, I asked him what he'd do if my Mom invited herself along and he said he'd say NO. Same situation! We went on vacation with my MIL and SIL one time and now they think they can go on all our vacations. They got mad at me earlier this year because DH and I went on vacation this summer, just the two of us, while DS was backpacking with scouts. They wanted to come along with us and DH told them no, it was just a trip for the 2 of us.

Wow Nan! That's incredible. DH really didn't get defensive about his family, he knows they are out of line. He just got upset with the situation.

DIT- I feel your pain! We took MIL with us to WDW because we knew she wouldn't spend all day in the parks and that she could bring DS back with her so they both could nap. Well now she expects to go to WDW when we go again. I doubt that we will need her to take him back to the room the next time we go. Not sure how we will get out of that one.

Wow, I can't imagine anyone in either of our families inviting them to a meal or on vacation. It took me 2 years to get my in-laws to come to dinner when they lived 40 minutes away.

Rebecca

I know what you mean, Ashley. My SIL went with us to WDW a couple of years in a row when DS was little. It was alright with her there, it just wasn't the same as when it was just us. Maybe I'm selfish, but I like it to be just the 3 of us. I didn't know how to get her to stop going with us, but it worked itself out when she and I got in a huge argument in one of the parks. We were waiting for the fireworks and still had about an hour before they started and DS (5) was cranky and tired. I knew we had an early morning the next day so I decided to take him back to the room and put him to bed. DH and SIL could stay, but I was going. Well, she told me I was ruining the whole trip for DS by not letting him watch and he wouldn't be too tired, on and on she went. First, she has no kids and second, I knew my son. He would be a pain in the rear-end the next day if he was overtired and nobody would have fun. He didn't care about the fireworks, he just loved anything at WDW. He'd be happy just sitting on a bench watching the birds on the ground. I took him back (and he didn't even argue, he was that tired) and we never discussed it again, but she didn't go back with us the next trip!

Nan that is just wrong. everything about it is wrong. Calling you the wrong name on purpose is mean. Add them to the smackage list!

Dit and Ash- i could NEVER EVER go on vacation with my inlaws. oh my goodness. how you ever did that is just amazing. i give you both a lot of credit. i went with my sister, her husband and my newphew to WDW when he was 3 -now 17- so many many years ago and NEVER again will I travel with family. it was a bloody nightmare. it was awful. i'm still shell shocked from it and it was 14 years ago!

I was able to do Disney with my Sister's family in 2006 but only because she stayed at POR/AKL and I stayed at WL. :rotfl2: We only met up for a few meals and park days. We could never do the whole staying together the whole time. But luckily my Sister knows that and would never force us to try. We made sure my parents had something else planned before we told them. :rotfl2: I wig out when they stay four days at my house. I could never do a week somewhere else with them. :crazy2:

Now my ILs, I really could go on vacation with them. They totally get the need for just "us" time every now and then. Unfortunately my FIL couldn't leave his business for very long.

Wow, family vacas... did it with DH and the mom and stepdad. Was OK till she had an accident, and became an invalid. Stepdad and I did NOT get along, and without her as a buffer, it was a nightmare, so I stopped going to visit.

My family...well, you already know how my dad feels about me, so it's no surprise that when he moved to FL he made it clear that we were allowed to come and visit...but only stay for 2 nights. After that it was hotel. He said that stepmoms kids were told the same thing, but I'm not so sure. They come up north to visit them, but never seem to have the time to visit me and mine. We were supposed to stay 1 night with them before a DCL trip, and he cancelled on me 1 month before. I was lucky that DVC was able to get us in, and DH said never again! He says if my dad wants to see us, he can come to Orlando when we are there :lmao:

But again, after all that it was the backpeddling, and now he is saying that no one comes to visit like he thought they would...wonder why :confused3

But again, after all that it was the backpeddling, and now he is saying that no one comes to visit like he thought they would...wonder why :confused3

my dad moved to florida also. (about 16years ago) and now he says the same thing. nobody comes to visit us. -him and significant other- no thank you. we were in WDW for 10 days last year and every time I called to see if he was available he had plans. well then sorry. we never did get to see him. i felt bad, but what do you want me to do. i can only try for so long. and when he comes home he drives right by my house to get to my sisters house. then off to my other sisters. then after a few days, he looks me up. i'm the last daughter and the last one he sees when he comes home. last time he was home i said "don't worry dad, i know my place in line. #3 daughter, #3 on the list of people to see. drive right by to get to your other daughters."

last time he was home i said "don't worry dad, i know my place in line. #3 daughter, #3 on the list of people to see. drive right by to get to your other daughters."

Good line! I'm an only child, so I can't use that one, but I bet it was effective!

I agree though, you can only do so much, and then its...oh well.

:hug: I'm so sorry Holly.

In my family it is just the opposite. The #3 child is the favorite, even though they live with the #2 child. The #1 child was smart enough to get out Dodge. :thumbsup2

Yep, I'm awful cause I left town too.... but I didn't want to deal w/ the not stop drama, choosing sides, and IDIOTS! I want more for my life, the life of my kids..and I couldn't give them the opportunities they have now if we had stayed there...and just the other day... I was told my DD was like my cousin cause she is athletic... I laughed and said there is a BIG difference.. MY DD is athletic, volunteers and she maintains A honor roll and ranks in the top 15 of her class....so they can all kiss my A$$! My boys are the same way... (although HS son isn't ranking as high and the middle school boys don't have a ranking yet!)

The only time I hear from my Dad is if he wants the name of some place... other than that... I don't hear from him... *shrugs shoulders*...

this all just solidifies why I want to be so different then my family.. I want to be involved w/ all my kids and their kids...but there will be no favorite... !

I feel for al of you- my parents are very fair- they always spend the same amount on each of us and our spouses for birthdays and Christmas. They take turns visiting each of us- although when my brother lived with us they visited us a bit more and they visit my brother in CAL less- because of the time and expense. They try to divide their time in FL between Sis and I- when they visit one of us because of an event they try to visit the other the next time. I don't know that they visit my brother in Boston as often but they are abnle to get down to their house more often.

Rebecca

My parents are great! In fact last night when I was having a fit about his family, DH told me to confront the issue. Which is soooooo not like me, don't like conflict. I told him if I did we could kiss his family goodbye, he said "that's ok, we have your parents!" :lmao: My mom is so fair with us that she told DH and I that we ever have a fight and DH is right she will take his side! :scared: Of course my dad... said he would take mine! Gotta love my dad! and mom too!

Ok, I see that my smackage list is growing with names of people!!! I suppose Santa can have his list, and I can have mine! ;)

Families are SO crazy! My parents are wonderful, but sometimes that makes it a little sticky, too, because DH can see even more that his aren't, if that makes any sense.

I can't remember who said it earlier, but we all just need to move to the same town, and be built-in friends/family/support system for each other!!! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter