Oops...

thanks everyone! we are going to do our own for me,dh, ds and mom. So it will be nice and quiet. mom, dh and i will all pitch in and do it together. I love to see ds and my mom stuff the turkey. last year he had the flashlight looking inside the turkey. it was a hoot! typical boy. both mom and i can't lift it so dh will put it in the oven for us.
as for dsis, she just doesn't get it?:confused3 oh well what can ya do!?

SIOH- that's ok with the favorite part. more for you to love is my motto! some people just don't get it. :confused3

SIOH- I feel your pain. Except the preference is between my two kids. :sad2:

Holly- the flashlight in the turkey is tooooooo funny!!! :lmao:

SIOH- I feel your pain. Except the preference is between my two kids. :sad2:

Holly- the flashlight in the turkey is tooooooo funny!!! :lmao:

mine is the ONLY grandchild and my fil acts like he does not even exist! idiot!
but like i said, more for me to love that's all. his loss!

and it is funny huh? with the flashlight right inside. where's his head???:confused3 why do you stuff it??:confused3 my mom rubs the butter on his skin gives him a slap and ds was like WHY???:confused3 why do you do that?? and mom's like 'cause that's what you do. wanna give him a slap too!:rotfl: ds is like "your crazy!!!!":lmao: :rotfl:

mine is the ONLY grandchild and my fil acts like he does not even exist! idiot!
but like i said, more for me to love that's all. his loss!

and it is funny huh? with the flashlight right inside. where's his head???:confused3 why do you stuff it??:confused3 my mom rubs the butter on his skin gives him a slap and ds was like WHY???:confused3 why do you do that?? and mom's like 'cause that's what you do. wanna give him a slap too!:rotfl: ds is like "your crazy!!!!":lmao: :rotfl:

DD is clearly the favorite and has pretty much been told so in front of DS. :sad2:

:lmao:Holly, you are killing me!! :lmao:

DD is clearly the favorite and has pretty much been told so in front of DS. :sad2:
i don't like that one bit. sorry, but that's just wrong.

i'm killin' myself just thinking about his face from last year. and the whole time i was taking pics. i so need to scrap that page before i forgot the funny parts!

Yeah, I was just glad that DH was there so I could make sure I was hearing right. His face told me that I did.

You so need to scrap those pictures before you forget! Or at least journal first so you can get all the things down.

was it your mil or fil? or someone else on dh's side? or your side? mine is my fil. and i just shake my head and try to let it go. but it drives me crazy i must say. i look at dh across the room and make that face that he knows what i'm saying. i feel bad for dh because he's a great father and it's not his fault.

MIL. I think she was afraid when DS was born that DD would be lost in the shuffle. So she overcompensated and she is still overcompensating. I know she loves DS but DD gets whatever she wants from her. I'll never forget when we found out DS was a boy she was so relieved that it wasn't a girl so DD wouldn't have competition. :sad2: Seriously??? Ugh.

I think it is awful when grandarents do that. I am worried about that with my MIL and FIL- since they had a favorite child I can see them having a favorite grandchild. But now the puppy- both hers and ours- get more Christmas presents than any of us- her children and me and Dh's sister's boyfriend. The dogs are their favorites- not any of us anymore but DH's little sis used to get everything.

Rebecca

Sad when some grandparents don't even acknowledge their grandchildren, and sad when favorites are spoken of in front of the grandchildren.:sad2:

MY MOTHER does this to all 4 of my boys.. that is another reason we are in a major battle of wills of which I WILL make her understand..there can NOT be favorites.. just like as mothers we don't have our FAVORITE (unless you only have one...than it kind of just works that way)...but having 5... 3 of my own and 2 stepsons... while I can get irritated w/ the stepsons .. I still can't treat them like they crawled from under a rock...because that didn't happen... I finally told my mother recently either treat all 5 the same or just don't have anything to do with them!!!! While I may have a special bond w/ DD because she is a girl.. DS12 and I have a special bond about Ghost Hunters and discussions of other things, DS8 and I just like to have fun and be kids together.... my older boys and I have special bonds too..... but there is not one favorite.. My MOTHER can NOT understand this... but then again she is putting my sister first right now because of her upcoming wedding and only wants to discuss such when she calls me...and I told her that is the least of my worries right now.. I have a lot of other things going on and I will not let my sister consume my life! * My mother actually treated myself and my DD like crap when we were having DD fitted for the dress... that I had to buy in October...only to find out after I paid that the 5 other girls haven't even been fitted or paid..and won't be til Jan at the earliest! WTH????

Nan that is just wrong. all equal. as much as my sisters and I drive my mother crazy, she treats us all equal. i do everything for her, day and night, and they do NOTHING, yet she treats us all the very same. no favorites. she's says it just like that too! no favorites!!!

I hate to hear that this happens to other people too!! SIL's son is 5 months older than DS, and he's little. My DS is bigger than him already, so my DS is "fat" and "just makes ugly faces". :mad:

We got a gift card at one of our baby showers for a picture package at a nice studio of DS at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year. I offered--when I was still trying to be nice--to purchase a 2nd book (they come in books) for MIL so that she would have one. She replied, "Um, would it only have to be pics of (my DS) or could we get (SIL's DS) in there?" Helllooooooo, lady. I offered to buy it for you, and SIL lives 8 hours away. So, needless to say, she's not getting one. I've been asking for 9 years for baby pics of DH. . .and especially now b/c DS looks just like him. I've never gotten them, but it turns out (amazingly enough :rolleyes: ) that this year, SIL is giving DH a collage of pics of DH & his dad with pics of DS, because MIL has given her all of the baby pics.

I have a strong (and un-holiday-esque) desire to smack them!! Ok, I just had to vent there!

SIOH- That is just wrong- even though MIL favored DH's sister she did a very good job with photos. She had gotten a set of all the school photos and frames for herself, each grandmother, and DH's wife- so when we got married I got my own set of all those photos plus when we looked at photo albums any photo I liked she made a note of and copied for me if she didn't already have a copy for me. She is very good about photos- when we go up she always takes photos and gets double prints- 1 set she mails to us.

Rebecca

My DH is an only child. We get all the photos. :thumbsup2 My MIL is really very good about getting or giving me photos of DH and the ones she takes of the boys when they are there. I'm so glad my MIL & FIL don't play favorites. Eldest was easier as a baby, but I didn't mind that MIL kept Eldest longer than Little Bit. Little Bit was a handful. He never noticed when he was little and she makes it very fair now. :love: She is soo great with them.

However, let's not talk about my folks. There is a reason there is a whole state between us.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I hate to hear that this happens to other people too!! SIL's son is 5 months older than DS, and he's little. My DS is bigger than him already, so my DS is "fat" and "just makes ugly faces". :mad:

We got a gift card at one of our baby showers for a picture package at a nice studio of DS at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year. I offered--when I was still trying to be nice--to purchase a 2nd book (they come in books) for MIL so that she would have one. She replied, "Um, would it only have to be pics of (my DS) or could we get (SIL's DS) in there?" Helllooooooo, lady. I offered to buy it for you, and SIL lives 8 hours away. So, needless to say, she's not getting one. I've been asking for 9 years for baby pics of DH. . .and especially now b/c DS looks just like him. I've never gotten them, but it turns out (amazingly enough :rolleyes: ) that this year, SIL is giving DH a collage of pics of DH & his dad with pics of DS, because MIL has given her all of the baby pics.

I have a strong (and un-holiday-esque) desire to smack them!! Ok, I just had to vent there!

Ok, now these two really do not want to get my fired up about my little BF... Give me those numbers... DH said he'd drive me down to do some damage.
I have 3 photos of my BF on my fridge (he out ranks my kids w/ the number of photos on the fridge)...anyway, he said.. its seems like all of us have nuts in our families...

Hugs to big D.. I don't know what the two of them are thinking... D is not fat or make ugly faces...!!

I for one am in favor of the chubby babies anyway...love those rolls on the legs :goodvibes

I have to say SIOH that if you wanted to get us fired up, just tell us that someone is saying bad things about SIOLB!! Too many aunties around here! Ugly faces? Are you kidding me? That sucks!! Does she need glasses or something?

So funny how we all have the crazy families. Mine was better when my kids were little, but now that they are almost adults, my dad isn't happy with how they seem to be turning out (like I care). I've gotten into some really heated discussions with him, as I pick my battles with my kids, and what is important to him, looks and stuff, just isn't important in my family.

DH thinks that my dad discriminates against me too, for being overweight. One day he called me and told me I should join Nutrasystem. Actually called me from FL to tell me that! Are you kidding me? I have 4 people, and 2 furbabies to feed on my food budget, and you want me to blow the whole thing on Nurtasystem? I told him that in so many words, and then he started to backpeddle, but still :headache:

:confused3 Why is that parents are never satisfied? They can't seem to let go of the reins, some, not all.

My Dad forgets that my Sister's children aren't his. Mom & Dad live in Sister's house. They don't pay for anything except their own "snacks" and they always complain about what food there is, but do they buy any to share - Nooo. They complain that the kids don't have chores. We had chores and they should have chores. :sad2: Seriously don't know how my Sis isn't a lush yet. She believes in school work & extra activities. They are responsible for their own rooms & laundry & help with dinner. They do not need to be mowing the lawn.

My boys were both chunks. My FIL would get mad if I put long pants on them. He wanted to see their rolls. :rotfl2: Squishy leg rolls are the best. :thumbsup2

Thanks, y'all, for the support! Sometimes I handle it well, but most of the time, not. She (MIL) likes to wait until DH goes out of the room and then say something to me. . .I guess she can claim she didn't say it later? I can just picture it. . .it'll be like the bat signal! If things get bad at Christmas, I'll just put out the word, and y'all can come down here and smack her! ;) I think it's great that SIOLB is a big baby, and bless him, he comes by it honestly. DH & I were both big babies, and DH is a big guy now. As long as SIOLB is happy and healthy, then who cares what she thinks, right??

Deb, I couldn't log in to post from work yesterday (stupid computer!), but I was so mad about your dad!! He would've gotten an earful from me about the Nutrisystem comment! I've seen pics of you in our CJ's and you look WONDERFUL!! If he does it again, he may have to join the "smackage" list, too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter