Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I started watching the gratitude thread and will join in when I get home.

My thankfuls often mirror my woohoo’s and that is true again this week. I am so thankful for this week. It has been so fulfilling to be around people who are so creative and engaged in something they love.

This evening I’m meeting my Niece for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and I’m thankful for that.

I am also thankful that my new sofa is coming Monday morning. It will be nice to be able to put the living room back together.

Last edited:
FRIDAY!!!! We made it!!!!

I didn’t think I was going to 😂

My week has been one of the most challenging, as far as work goes, in recent memory.

Because of this I am going to whooohooo that I have 3 day weekends every week! I don’t take this for granted and I appreciate it every week! 10 hours days often seem long to me but the payoff is worth it!!

I am thankful that DD has her follow up appointment today for her sprain. I am hoping at the very least she gets released for work. She can only do 3 hour shifts so I am hoping if she wears the boot she can get back to work because she loves it there and misses her friends.

I hope everyone enjoys their day today!!

Hugs!!

Last edited:
Yesterday was a sad day at work. One of our students had been missing for a few days and they found her body yesterday. She was such a bright student. Prayers for her family in this difficult time.

We have a busy weekend ahead. Kids have their last regular season football game (marching band) tonight. Tomorrow DD has her riding lesson and DS has their first playoff game in soccer. He is on JV but only varsity plays in the playoffs. I heard yesterday that they are pulling him up to Varsity for the playoffs. The later that night DD has a sleep study. Sunday will be football day and just resting.

I am still having issues with covid. The cough won't go away and I am still congested. The more I do the worst it gets. Yesterday was my first day back in the office. I coughed all day and then didn't feel great in the afternoon. It has really kicked my butt. I am glad I have the vaccine so it wasn't any worse.

Kids have their last regular season football game (marching band) tonight. Tomorrow DD has her riding lesson and DS has their first playoff game in soccer. He is on JV but only varsity plays in the playoffs. I heard yesterday that they are pulling him up to Varsity for the playoffs. The later that night DD has a sleep study.

Didn't want to ignore the other part of your post - congrats to your DS!! Good luck to your DD on the sleep study, and I hope you're feeling 100% soon!

friday friday.png

It's been an up and down week here. DH got to home a day early from his work trip, which was soooo nice, but MIL was in a car accident yesterday. :( She is OK, but very shaken up.

This morning has been a whirlwind of errands and phone calls, but I'm hoping for a quiet weekend.

Today has been a great Friday.

DD doctors appointment went amazing. She is released from the crutches effective immediately and the boot on Wednesday! Back to work and other activities as tolerated on Thursday!!! Which means-hopefully-no wheelchair for Disney the first weekend of November 🎉

DD and I got a bunch of pumpkins and mums today which I had been putting off buying in hopes I could get everything to last until thanksgiving so we will see how this goes!

Tomorrow morning DH and I are walking dogs at the SPCA and in the afternoon I am picking up my middle niece and youngest nephew (5 and 2) and taking them to our church’s fall festival. My sister in law has a pre wedding event for her future sister in law to attend so I am going to get them into bed for her and wait until she gets home.

Sunday we have church and I have to take DDs friend home after church but that’s it, excited for a Sunday afternoon at home!!!

Nothing planned for this weekend. Our lovely record highs are finally at an end which makes me sad. Definitely fall here now. :sad:

My former co-worker came to visit after work. It was so lovely just to sit and talk and talk and talk and laugh and laugh and laugh. :hyper2: I miss her. But her replacement is great and I'm happy not to be doing two jobs!

I turned on the heat for the first time today during our visit.

DH and I realized we made our park reservations but didn't reserve Epcot for the day we want to see candlelight processional! :rolleyes1 We'll be fixing that tonight or tomorrow!

Yesterday was a sad day at work. One of our students had been missing for a few days and they found her body yesterday. She was such a bright student. Prayers for her family in this difficult time.

We have a busy weekend ahead. Kids have their last regular season football game (marching band) tonight. Tomorrow DD has her riding lesson and DS has their first playoff game in soccer. He is on JV but only varsity plays in the playoffs. I heard yesterday that they are pulling him up to Varsity for the playoffs. The later that night DD has a sleep study. Sunday will be football day and just resting.

I am still having issues with covid. The cough won't go away and I am still congested. The more I do the worst it gets. Yesterday was my first day back in the office. I coughed all day and then didn't feel great in the afternoon. It has really kicked my butt. I am glad I have the vaccine so it wasn't any worse.
So sorry to hear about the student who passed. How awful for the parents.

I am so sorry that Covid is lingering for you. Hopefully you feel better soon. Good news is that your family is immune for the holidays.

View attachment 712253

It's been an up and down week here. DH got to home a day early from his work trip, which was soooo nice, but MIL was in a car accident yesterday. :( She is OK, but very shaken up.

This morning has been a whirlwind of errands and phone calls, but I'm hoping for a quiet weekend.
Car accidents are the worst. I pray every day that my family is safe out there in the world, especially when driving.

So sorry to hear about your student and that you still aren't feeling well. Sending virtual hugs.

1666454045454.png

I don't know that I'm a good guy, I just don't watch very many Disney movies.

Back home again and thrilled to say "IT IS RAINING!" Started yesterday and will go thru part of today. It has brought the air quality down to good, which is such a relief.

I dropped four pounds last week - woohoo! If I can do a pound a week now until WDW, that'll be six more pounds gone. Thursday I discovered that in the evenings I was taking a Claritin not my sleeping aide pill (to me defense, they are in similar packing), so that night I took the sleep aid instead and yesterday I had a cough again. So that tells me 1. The sleep aide isn't doing much because I had some of my best sleep reports while there and 2. the Claritin seems to be helping more than I thought it was, so I'm going to keep taking it in the evenings. And the swelling in my ankles has gone down considerably, I think from the increase in walking so I will be keeping that up... of course during the long dry summer I couldn't get myself out there but now that it is drippy and cold and I'm all over it.

Plans for today are another go thru of my dresser, clothes closet and the closet here in the office. Now that the basement is cleared out there are things up here that can go down and be well organized. I'm also cleaning out the fridge, I'm determined to get bare, with just minimal condiments, so I can start over fresh.

View attachment 712428

I don't know that I'm a good guy, I just don't watch very many Disney movies.

Back home again and thrilled to say "IT IS RAINING!" Started yesterday and will go thru part of today. It has brought the air quality down to good, which is such a relief.

I dropped four pounds last week - woohoo! If I can do a pound a week now until WDW, that'll be six more pounds gone. Thursday I discovered that in the evenings I was taking a Claritin not my sleeping aide pill (to me defense, they are in similar packing), so that night I took the sleep aid instead and yesterday I had a cough again. So that tells me 1. The sleep aide isn't doing much because I had some of my best sleep reports while there and 2. the Claritin seems to be helping more than I thought it was, so I'm going to keep taking it in the evenings. And the swelling in my ankles has gone down considerably, I think from the increase in walking so I will be keeping that up... of course during the long dry summer I couldn't get myself out there but now that it is drippy and cold and I'm all over it.

Plans for today are another go thru of my dresser, clothes closet and the closet here in the office. Now that the basement is cleared out there are things up here that can go down and be well organized. I'm also cleaning out the fridge, I'm determined to get bare, with just minimal condiments, so I can start over fresh.
:cheer2:Congratulations on your weight loss!!!

So sorry @piglet1979 just catching up on the last few days.
Weird day today felt very off kilter. Said to DH during the week I am fine because I am busy and have a routine but today was the first morning since my dad passed that I didn't have something specific to do and it was like my brain and body weren't talking to accomplish anything. Wasn't feel sad just discombobulated....
Jeans are getting a bit tight even though as off 2 weeks ago I hadn't gained any weight so I think it is more tone loss which I need to fix. Did get out for 4 walks this past week ranging from .45 to .75 miles. I'll get there it'll just take some time.
Had a lunch for DH's cousin's Confirmation then took the DSs to a trunk'r'treat. Was nice to be outside with them for awhile. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but if it isn't too bad we are hoping to go see the Jack-o-lanterns at the zoo. We tried once and it was too crowded so hopefully the rain may keep some folks away....but be light enough that the event is not canceled.

So sorry @piglet1979 just catching up on the last few days.
Weird day today felt very off kilter. Said to DH during the week I am fine because I am busy and have a routine but today was the first morning since my dad passed that I didn't have something specific to do and it was like my brain and body weren't talking to accomplish anything. Wasn't feel sad just discombobulated....
Jeans are getting a bit tight even though as off 2 weeks ago I hadn't gained any weight so I think it is more tone loss which I need to fix. Did get out for 4 walks this past week ranging from .45 to .75 miles. I'll get there it'll just take some time.
Had a lunch for DH's cousin's Confirmation then took the DSs to a trunk'r'treat. Was nice to be outside with them for awhile. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but if it isn't too bad we are hoping to go see the Jack-o-lanterns at the zoo. We tried once and it was too crowded so hopefully the rain may keep some folks away....but be light enough that the event is not canceled.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter