Optimistic October, 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Self-Care Sunday:

View attachment 712725

Hope everyone can have a nice relaxing day today.
Having a nice relaxing day, that's the goal.

We did the running around yesterday. DD's 25th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and we had a meeting with the event planner at the venue. It's a beautiful glass enclosed space that has an outdoor area with heaters, a large bar, little tables & chairs in the perimeter for seating, and a good size dance floor. We stopped at the bakery to pay for the cake that we ordered a few weeks ago.

I returned the blazer I ordered online at Macy's for her party thinking that I could try on a few things in the store that I could wear instead. Unfortunately, I discovered that Macy's no longer carries plus sizes in the store. Lord & Taylor is gone. Nordstrom & Bloomingdales's only carry plus sizes online. So, the people who really would benefit in trying on clothes before buying them are forced to order online and return multiple times until we find what works. Until I reach my goal weight, clothes shopping trips are no more. It used to be one of my favorite things to do. I hate this. It's really unfair for those of us who carry extra weight.

DD and I ate lunch at Panera. I had the chicken noodle soup and a half of a portion of the baguette. So far I have managed to maintain my 2 lb. weight loss from the school week. That continues to be my goal for today, to maintain and not gain over the weekend. My pattern for the last few months has been to lose during the week and let loose on the weekend putting on a couple of pounds. Then I would lose those pounds but not anymore. This weekend I'm concentrating hard on continuing the momentum and either maintain or actually continue to lose pounds. I really need to stop wasting time and get this done. I really want to enter One
derland.

After we got home, I ordered a few more things to try for her party. Hopefully I won't have to return them...

Last edited:
Good Morning! Yesterday has been the best day for me so far. The sleep study for DD was Saturday and I didn't get much sleep. I was sleeping in a chair that reclined. They got us up at 6:30 and since it was done at a hotel we got breakfast in the morning. They had some pretty good scrambled eggs. We headed home after that and got home at about 8. My plan was to get grocery shopping done when I got home so I could get some sleep in. Instead I took a couple hour nap and then went grocery shopping. I too another nap during football too. This one was just a short one. I wasn't coughing much yesterday and it felt like my congestion was almost gone. I didn't get tired with shopping, cooking and helping DH's grandmother with a few things at her appointment. I am getting there.

All of the kids activities are over for the most part. DS's soccer team lost their playoff game on Saturday so both kids are done with soccer. The football team made the playoffs so that will be Friday night and I will take a guess that we will lose. We are not very good. There is a band awards night Tuesday and then the game on Friday. This will give me a chance to get on the treadmill after work. I will start today. I am going to take it slow and not over do it. I will probably start with only 15-20 minutes and work my way up.

Having a nice relaxing day, that's the goal.

We did the running around yesterday. DD's 25th birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and we had a meeting with the event planner at the venue. It's a beautiful glass enclosed space that has an outdoor area with heaters, a large bar, little tables & chairs in the perimeter for seating, and a good size dance floor. We stopped at the bakery to pay for the cake that we ordered a few weeks ago.

I returned the blazer I ordered online at Macy's for her party thinking that I could try on a few things in the store that I could wear instead. Unfortunately, I discovered that Macy's no longer carries plus sizes in the store. Lord & Taylor is gone. Nordstrom & Bloomingdales's only carry plus sizes online. So, the people who really would benefit in trying on clothes before buying them are forced to order online and return multiple times until we find what works. Until I reach my goal weight, clothes shopping trips are no more. It used to be one of my favorite things to do. I hate this. It's really unfair for those of us who carry extra weight.

DD and I ate lunch at Panera. I had the chicken noodle soup and a half of a portion of the baguette. So far I have managed to maintain my 2 lb. weight loss from the school week. That continues to be my goal for today, to maintain and not gain over the weekend. My pattern for the last few months has been to lose during the week and let loose on the weekend putting on a couple of pounds. Then I would lose those pounds but not anymore. This weekend I'm concentrating hard on continuing the momentum and either maintain or actually continue to lose pounds. I really need to stop wasting time and get this done. I really want to enter One
derland.

After we got home, I ordered a few more things to try for her party. Hopefully I won't have to return them...
I'm curious if someone told you Nordstrom plus sizes were only on-line, or you couldn't find anything? All of the women's apparel departments should have items with size runs that go in to the "plus" range, but I've given up on trying to find things in store.

Back to my "normal" routine until Friday when I head out to the coast, where it is going to be cold and rainy the entire time. I love a stormy beach, so not mad about it at all. Plus I'll finally be able to wear my new winter coats. Oh, and I need to finish knitting my hat before I go, so I can wear it.

I've dropped another couple pounds, so my motivation this week is to keep that going. If I can do the minus one pound per week between now and vacation, I am going to be seeing a number on the scale that I haven't seen for a very long time. And I'll be feeling very good about doing what I promised myself I would do plus I'll be in much better shape than I was when I went in March. I've promised myself that I can get Juvederm when I reach One-der-land, so that will keep me focused past vacation, which is often a problem.

I'm curious if someone told you Nordstrom plus sizes were only on-line, or you couldn't find anything? All of the women's apparel departments should have items with size runs that go in to the "plus" range, but I've given up on trying to find things in store.
Yes, this happened to me one year ago, and the sales clerk was quite rude fat shaming me in the middle of Nordstrom. My daughter complained to management. The stylist had to order a selection of clothes for me to try on at a later date. It ended up being a fun personal shopping experience. However, I think it’s ridiculous that I have to make arrangements ahead of time for that to occur.

I miss the days of walking into Lord & Taylor on an impulse and shopping until I drop.

Honestly, it’s their loss. I can’t be the only plus size individual with money to spend on fashion. Think of all the potential customers they offend and all of the profits they are losing.

Last edited:

Happy Monday!!

@Summer2018 did you try Kohls? I know my Kohls has a plus size department!

@piglet1979 please keep us updated on the sleep study!

@Oneanne Congrats on the weight loss!

@ShannyMcB hugs!

My weekend went by so fast. It was so nice here all weekend which was great!

Saturday DH and I walked dogs in the morning-kennels were full- large dogs are at capacity 😭 we walked 5 miles so 10 dogs each (each dog is walked half a mile). There were other walkers there too, but honestly animal rescue is just overwhelming right now it’s incredibly sad.

After that I picked up my niece and nephew for our church fall festival which was awesome, we stayed open to close and my niece said “I don’t want this to be over!!!!” So sweet.

Sunday we went to church and DS1 came over in the afternoon for our first pot of soup for the season-I went with white chicken chili, it was delicious!!

Back to work today! Comes too quick!

I hope everyone had a great Monday!

I can't believe Halloween is next week, where is the fa going?
Managed 4 walks last week, hoping for at least 3 this week but the cold I feel coming on may make that difficult, going to try though.
Not a good eating day today, it's like I couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried, dang hormones. I know that will decrease as the week draws on but ugh not great.
Resumed my online PT today, hoping to get back into the routine of 2-3 times a week. It's not enough movement for weightloss but it is movement which is better than nothing and it does help my back stay loose.
Have a lovely week folks.

Happy Monday!!

@Summer2018 did you try Kohls? I know my Kohls has a plus size department!

@piglet1979 please keep us updated on the sleep study!

@Oneanne Congrats on the weight loss!

@ShannyMcB hugs!

My weekend went by so fast. It was so nice here all weekend which was great!

Saturday DH and I walked dogs in the morning-kennels were full- large dogs are at capacity 😭 we walked 5 miles so 10 dogs each (each dog is walked half a mile). There were other walkers there too, but honestly animal rescue is just overwhelming right now it’s incredibly sad.

After that I picked up my niece and nephew for our church fall festival which was awesome, we stayed open to close and my niece said “I don’t want this to be over!!!!” So sweet.

Sunday we went to church and DS1 came over in the afternoon for our first pot of soup for the season-I went with white chicken chili, it was delicious!!

Back to work today! Comes too quick!

I hope everyone had a great Monday!
I appreciate your suggestion. I haven’t been to Kohl’s in about 10 years because they had a limited selection. I will give it another try.

Yesterday, I was able to get about a 20ish minute walk in at lunch and I felt pretty good after and for the rest of the night. The weather is perfect here right now. We have been sunny and 70 for the last several days. We will dip down into the 60's but that is still great weather. So walking outside instead of the treadmill until it gets cold again. I feel like I am finally feeling like myself again.

Covid did trigger my eczema though. About a year and a half ago I was put on Dupixent because after the vaccine the itching got so bad. After taking this med it was the first time in my life that I was not itching. I cried at the follow up appointment because I have never had this before. Now I am back to itching again. I am hoping though in a month or so I will get back to where I was before covid.

No word yet on the sleep study for DD. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I am not too worried about it though. I think (and the doctor suspects) that her not sleeping is more her anxiety then a medical issue. This was just to make sure. I will keep you posted.

After all the walking at the retreat I promised myself I would get in at least 5000 steps per day and have held to that so far, as well as keeping up with the good eating. Over the weekend I spent $$$ on a piece of King Salmon and cooked it last night, thankfully it turned out really well. I should get four meals out of it, so the price doesn't hurt quite as much... in the checkout line I kept telling myself how much I was saving by not buying any sugar.

The new (accidental) sofa came yesterday and (huge relief) I do really like it. It's comfy to sit on and has a higher back, so feels cozier than the last one. Now I'm thinking I need to paint the living room, get a new rug and drapes and a new side chair. Ugh. I did buy new art for the wall behind the sofa, to see if that would be enough of a change. I'm trying to balance with my efforts to only have things I really love in the house against not being impulsive about buying things... we'll see how that goes.

November is coming up in one week, so I would like to create the hosting schedule.

October 31-November 6:
November 28-December 4: PollyannaMom

Last edited:
Yesterday we had an actual storm. It was cold, wet and windy and not weather to be outdoors in, so Woohoo for doing my steps indoors and maintaining my five day streak of being over 5000 steps.

Woohoo... my WDW vacation is now "only" 37 days away! Yesterday I paid off the resort so I'll have the rewards $$$ earned from it in my account to use while I'm there. I should be around $400, so that will cover most food... a secondary Woohoo! After enjoying last week so much and getting my coughing under control I am really looking forward to this trip and doing all the things.

And woohoo... I'm starting to see the weight loss in my face! I think I'm actually on-track for my original vacation goal despite getting such a late start.

Yesterday we had an actual storm. It was cold, wet and windy and not weather to be outdoors in, so Woohoo for doing my steps indoors and maintaining my five day streak of being over 5000 steps.

Woohoo... my WDW vacation is now "only" 37 days away! Yesterday I paid off the resort so I'll have the rewards $$$ earned from it in my account to use while I'm there. I should be around $400, so that will cover most food... a secondary Woohoo! After enjoying last week so much and getting my coughing under control I am really looking forward to this trip and doing all the things.

And woohoo... I'm starting to see the weight loss in my face! I think I'm actually on-track for my original vacation goal despite getting such a late start.
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

November is coming up in one week, so I would like to create the hosting schedule.

October 31-November 6:
November 28-December 4:__________

October 31-November 6:
November 28-December 4: PollyannaMom
I can take 21-27!

Okay People, we are almost there... We need one more volunteer to take care of next week, and we are good to go.

October 31-November 6:
Oneanne
November 21-27:
PAsFab5
November 28-December 4:
PollyannaMom

Yesterday I did a dangerous thing, I went to the grocery store hungry. I'm thankful nothing sugary jumped into my cart. I mostly wanted to walk around the store to get my steps in, which was successful as I reached 7000 yesterday. I really need to be up at 10,000 steps to get ready for WDW, so that is going to be one of my November goals.

Several weeks ago I asked to take on an additional squad at work. They haven't had someone in my position supporting them for quite a while so things are a mess and it seemed like a good opportunity to make a difference. I'm thankful that so far, things are panning out the I thought they would and thankful to have been given the chance to support this group, who are Contractors located in Ukraine.

And I am thankful that I have the means to take fun vacations and for the ability to have my do-over trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter