Order/rank your desire to stay at these hotels (WL, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, CR, SSR)

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
In what order would you rank the following hotels and your desire to stay at them (WL, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, CR, SSR)

1 being the top choice of course.

1. WL (close to action but secluded)
2. CR (walk to MK)
3. CBR (largest rooms of the moderates, Skyliner will be opening this fall, but has multiple bus stops and may need a bus to get to Skyliner if mobility is of concern)
4. POFQ (smallest moderate resort ground size, single bust stop)
5. CSR (many new food options opening but has multiple stop)
6. POR (offers features of POFQ: pool dining but does have multiple stops)
7. SSR (too large, unless I wanted a 1-2 bedroom I would avoid staying here just too many drawbacks to really enjoy)

SSR because it is a lovely resort, especially if you might like to take a walk around the resort in the early morning or late evening. It's so close to Disney Springs that you can walk over there. Artist's Palette is a very nice upscale counter service.
WL, if you are talking about Boulder Ridge. We love the look of the entire resort, but we especially like Boulder Ridge.
CR, we stayed in the South Wing when there was still a North wing (where BLT is now located). The room was spacious and it was easy getting to the main building from the Wing Bldg. We just had a Juliet balcony, but that was very nice, too.
POR, the rooms are nice, the food court is pretty good, don't mind the buses at all. Parking is easy.
POFQ, smaller resort, one bus stop, but the food court is limited.
CSR, new building should have very nice new rooms. Food court is okay, but we like the table service restaurant there (Maya Grill).
CBR, stayed there a few years ago before the renovations. Food court then was okay, but not great. It doesn't look as good as it was back then with the changes. Parking was good. Rooms were okay.

In what order would you rank the following hotels and your desire to stay at them (WL, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, CR, SSR)

1.CR (location)
2. WL (beautiful resort, slightly less desirable location)
3. POR
4. PORFQ
5.CSR
6/7 CBR/SSR (tie, not a fan or either of them)

I've visited all but only stayed at POR. I'm pretty practical, prefer comfort more than luxury (which often just makes me feel out of place).

1. POFQ (love the small size and theme)
2. CR (mostly because of how close it is to MK, clean look of the rooms is appealing)
3. POR (again, I like the southern theme of the Mansion buildings, not a fan of Alligator Bayou)
4.CSR (rooms look beautiful, my visit there was okay- many people in business attire made it feel less in the Disney bubble)
5. WL (just meh during my visit, I'm not a lover of nature or an outdoorsy theme)
6. CBR (I felt this resort was just enormous and chaotic when I visited- it was during the construction though, to be fair)
7. SSR (the theme is horses. LOL I thought the decor was boring when I visited)

1. WL (My favorite!)
2. CR (Only for location, not my aesthetic)
3. POR
4. CSR
5. POFQ
6. SSR
7. CBR

1) CR (Partly, nostalgia - stayed there before. Also, the location - not just the walk to MK, I also love the lake setting. Oh, and the atmosphere of the monorail running through it.)
2) WL (Might have been first if they hadn't removed lots of trees i.e. wilderness and if the path to FW wasn't closed. That lobby, though!)
3) SSR (Close to DS; lots of pools; studios and apartments so more flexible accommodation; plus I like the grounds.)
4) Tie
POR (I stayed there and loved it - the grounds, the river, the boat to DS, the quiet pools, the food court, the store, the bike rental etc., but I'm not keen on it now allowing dogs.)
POFQ (It, consistently, has some of the best reviews! It also has lots of the benefits of POR, buuut there's just the one pool - even if you can walk to POR's quiet pools, I don't know
if I would.)
CSR (I've heard good reviews about the recent changes. I hear it has the best moderate pool (?) and it has quiet pools, as well as the lovely lake setting. Plus, it has a pretty central
location in WDW.)
7) CBR (Sorry CBR! I loved your grounds and ate your food many moons ago. ...But, now, your rooms don't look as good and people are reporting back that the changes, including the new Skyway...sorry, Skyliner, are spoiling the views and ambience.)

:wave:

Last edited:
WL. Favorite resort hands down.
CR
POFQ
I have never stayed at SS or other moderates except POFQ, but would then do SS POR CSR CBR in that order from your list. These are where I have stayed and would put in this order between WL and CR (WL, AKL, Poly, BC/YC)

1. CR (theme park view, otherwise #2)
2. Tie: POR/POFQ (our favorite mod)
3. SSR (love DVC properties, like the pools here, proximity to DS)
4. CSR (great pool, food, only below SSR because it’s not as close to DS)
5. WL (just not a fan of the theme or their sit down food options, but it’s close to MK)
6. CBR (only ranked below WL because of location, actually like the theme here much more than WL)

1. WL - I plan to stay here in Feb. as long as 2020 prices aren’t crazy higher than 2019.
2. CR - One of the originals and you can walk to MK. It’s a dream of mine to stay here in the main tower with a theme park view room someday.
3. POR - Royal Room only. If WL is too expensive in Feb. I’ll probably go with a Royal Room here.
4. POFQ - Resort looks amazing, but I’m not thrilled with the look of the rooms themselves. They just seem plain to me.
5. CBR - Stayed here ages ago and it was fine. The resort itself was beautiful.
6. CSR - I’m just not interested in the theming of CSR.
7. SSR - I just don’t care too much for SSR, but a trip to WDW at SSR is still better than no trip to WDW at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter