Organizing 101/Jan- Family Room

I got my table cleaned and rotated back to it's original position! :cool1: And DH gathered all of the DVD's that we got at Xmas. Tomorrow I need to add them to the cases.

List of things for tomorrow:
grocery store
bank
tree
DVD's
dishes

All that after the kids go to school. Thank goodness they all have a long day tomorrow. :goodvibes

I don't think the bank will be open. It is a Federal Holiday for the funeral of President Ford.

But my list is:
grocery store after going to Hobby Lobby
move couch to vacuum
wash and iron curtains
take down last tree and put it in box
take boxes to barn

I worked on my scrap/craft room all day, I can see floor, and have a ton of paper for the recycle...mostly things that seemed like saving at the time...print...and pile...some recipes were saved, and all bead patterns, but the rest is junk...sigh...
SOOOO, another goal, saving on puter, not on paper for 2007...

List for tomorrow:
Bank
JC Penny for a return
Borders
Office Max

I don't think the bank will be open. It is a Federal Holiday for the funeral of President Ford.

Oh HECK!!! DS is going to be really mad! He is counting on cashing a gift so he can get a new keyboard....I never gave it a thought...

Tomorrow:
Sweep hardwood floors in living room
9:20 DS10 basketball practice
10:00 DD13 basketball practice
scrap while they are gone.. DS6 will watch CARS again!!!
oh, sign up for swaps.. must...
12:00pm pick up kids from basketball
lunch
1:40 dental appts for DD13 & DS10
done for day.. than more scrapping/cleaning/putting up laundry
DH is working from home so I'll have to do "drive by posting" tomorrow!!!

I got a few small things done tonight. I cleaned, reorganized and weeded out our video nook. (DVDs are housed elsewhere - they will be another project.) I did the same for one bookcase.

I also started my list for Thursday (my next day off). It includes: post office to return a package, gathering up and returning all the used printer and fax printer cartridges I bring home from work to recycle and going to Target to buy a couple trunks to house books and videos from my childhood that I can't part with yet but don't need to be on display. I also plan to wash the curtains, go grocery shopping and take my crockpot out of the box and maybe use it. I got it for Christmas, you see... In 2003!!! It never made it out of the box, but a friend gave me a crockpot cookbook for Christmas year and told me now I have no excuse.

I assembled my second scrap paper storage rack tonight. This one went together easier because I didn't follow the directions! My next step(hopefully, tomorrow night) is to organize my cardstock by color and the patterned paper by theme, and actually put the paper on the shelves of the racks. They will be going in the basement so it doesn't take up so much room elsewhere.

Now that I'm in an assembly mood, I might put the shelves in my media storage cabinet tonight or tomorrow night. I'll be organizing my DVD's and CD's, etc by themes......Disney, drama, comedy....so that they can be watched based on the mood of the moment!

Well I got all of my Christmas stuff put away and my living room back together. Doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it did take a while.
My goals for tomorrow:
1. go to the gym first thing
2. grocery shopping
3. take Brooklynn to school
4. if Molly is up to it, run to office max, michaels and bed bath and beyond (for new curtains) while Brooklynn is in school. If not, that will have to wait until Wed.
5. get the dirty laundry out of the living room and into the laundry room.
6. Get clean laundry out of the living room and into the dressers.

Tomorrow:
Sweep hardwood floors in living room
9:20 DS10 basketball practice
10:00 DD13 basketball practice
oh, sign up for swaps.. must...
12:00pm pick up kids from basketball
lunch
1:40 dental appts for DD13 & DS10
DH is working from home so I'll have to do "drive by posting" tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the reminder DS10 has a dentist appt at 3:30. Of course now I have to figure out how to pay for it. They have opted to not accept our insurance anymore. :mad:

I scraped today too!!!!:cool1:

Ergh! I'll be mad if the Bank isn't open tomorrow. I need to deposit some xmas checks to make a payment on our trip to WDW.

Not sure, but I think by law the banks must be open tomorrow. The law says a bank can't be closed more than three days in a row, so if I was you, I would try stopping by.

Okay as far as cleaning my living room this motn, it just got easier. DH and I bought new living room furniture yesterday, so I need to empty the wall unit of everything and the room needs to be ready by the 1/25 delivery, so I still have the whole month, but I know it will be clean before February's challenge!:thumbsup2

Mu goals for today:
1. Walk on elptical machine for at least 10 minutes before signing up for swap(I need a reason to do it).
2. Get all the stuff I weeded of our family room bookcase to where it belongs.
3. Clean fans in family room.
4. Sign-up for swap
5. Get things for recipe swap printed and cut.
6. Get at least 5 more pages ready for pictures in my birthday book.

My family room is actually still clean. LOL with the new house we don't have alot in there yet. Of course I'm joining in for future months when you hit a room that I have a mess in.

Todays plans:
Work
Lunch
Work
Finish my last swap and watch football

Swap sign ups - done.
Couch moved & vacuum - done.
Hobby Lobby - done.
Curtains washed & put back - done. Did you know linen shrinks in the dryer?
Trees down - done.
Still need to move boxes to the barn and grocery shopping will have to wait until one boy goes back to school. Just couldn't do it with the two of them.

Tomorrow:
Sweep hardwood floors in living room NOPE, kids made a tent in the living room!
9:20 DS10 basketball practice Done
10:00 DD13 basketball practice Done
oh, sign up for swaps.. must... Done and was good only 1 group each!
12:00pm pick up kids from basketball DONE
lunch Done
1:40 dental appts for DD13 & DS10 Done & NO CAVITITES!!
DH is working from home so I'll have to do "drive by posting" tomorrow!!! DEFINTELY DRIVE BY POSTS

I did get some title pages done for our Christmas Album too! I did about 6 of them.. I'm still working on 1 of them...but I'm not happy w/ the stencil zero so I'm going to use the "O"!!

My goals for today:
1. Walk on elptical machine for at least 10 minutes before signing up for swap(I need a reason to do it).- done, although only 5 minutes before swap signups its been awhile and I can't do 10 minutes at 1 times- I will work my way back up
2. Get all the stuff I weeded of our family room bookcase to where it belongs. done
3. Clean fans in family room.done
4. Sign-up for swapdone
5. Get things for recipe swap printed and cut. got my papers all choosen out and I am starting to print the recipes out now.
6. Get at least 5 more pages ready for pictures in my birthday book.hopefully I will do this tonight but with DH leaving in the morning it is looking doubtful.

If I hadn't decided to drive into Fort Myers for lunch with DH and to stop by the craft stores in town and look for swap materials then I probably could have actually got some swapping done.

Tomorrow's goals:
1. Go through bags and baskets in the family room and sort out things. POut them all away.
2. Get some scraping done on my birthday album.
3. Vacum blinds and couch.

While I head back to work tomorrow DH heads out of town so hopefully it will be easy enough to get things done in the evening.

Rebecca

I succeeded with my goals today too

1. I did my Walk away the Pounds 1 mile tape
2. Only signed up for one swap
3. Shredded documents for 2002. This one was the hardest, because the shredder jammed up, I had to take it apart, clean it out, and put it back together. It's amazing how much one year's worth of paperwork turns out to be shredded. Too bad I still have 2001-1993 still to do. Then I have to clean out the desk of the last couple of years, and shred what needs to be shredded. That's my goal for all of January.

Rebecca, I didn't realize you were near Ft. Myers.. My DH's grandparents are in N. Ft. Myers.. WE love it down there!!! :)

Well I got the grocery shopping done, but that was about it. The dentist was a bust, I thought it was at 3:30 but it was at 1:30 so we missed it. Not like I had the money to pay them so what ever.

Tonight
-Pizza Box
-5 pages journaled
-1 CJ completed
-Sort DVD's
-Copy pages for Mom's scrapbooks, we are going to a crop on Sat
-Gather pics and papers for said crop

Wednesday:

-Bank We'll try again. Our bank is 30 minutes away so I try to avoid going there unless necessary.
-Tree
-Mall DH's watch died so I need to get a new battery. Near bank so that's good.
-ACMoore I'm in need of some retail therapy and since I have gift cards I don't have to feel guilty.
-Walk Done 2miles WOO HOO!!
-TRU Darn Disney mix stick doesn't work again. So I'm getting DS10 an IPod soon.
-Cancel DH's DR. appt, he'll be in BF Washington state.

Girl, I thought you told me 3:30 the other day too.. I think the office changed it on you and didn't call!! :(

I'm making my list shortly off what has to be done tomorrow.. also need to copy the organizational list to verify what I have done in the family room!!

Girl, I thought you told me 3:30 the other day too.. I think the office changed it on you and didn't call!! :(

I'm making my list shortly off what has to be done tomorrow.. also need to copy the organizational list to verify what I have done in the family room!!

I think they booked it for 1:30 but then they called before the winter break to confirm and I'm pretty sure she said 3:30.

Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter